Over 200 New Year New Me Part 27

awestfall
awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Here is the new thread and here is to me getting the 3 pounds of vacation sodium back off.Who knew crab legs ,clams,and shrimp are loaded with sodium.I loved it though and i know i will be ok.I needed the break from always worrying about weight loss and now I feel alot better about getting on track.I walked and walked and sweated while I was gone and I may have gained 3 pounds but I am not letting it bother me.I turned the big 30 today and I feel GREAT!!! I will meet my goals even if it takes me longer than I expected.I am getting a Wii Fit plus game and the board for my birthday today so I am excited about that.

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Happy Birthday Ann!

Glad you had a good time in my neck of the woods. :wink:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    blue-I so wish I could do the red hair! I can't wait to see you with the new hair color! You know you gotta take pics. Congrats on the inches. You are doing so great!! I'm with ya on losing in the tata's. FINALLY!! YAY!!

kerri-4 pounds since Friday!? That's amazing!! Keep up your hard work!

POS Me-Did you get a new hair do as well?!

Cris-Your son sounds so sweet! Your story just made me go "awwww". So nice to know little kids can be sweet. My niece "sells" hugs. She started out at a quarter a piece but now like "paper" money. Little turd! Aunt Jessica doesn't pay for hugs. BTW, C25K w9d1, it's all you!

myworld-Sounds like you got a lot going on! Just remember on vacation, portion control! Be mindful of what your eating. You will be camping? Plenty of opportunity to get extra exercise for extra calories!

raider-No more crazy eating today. Deal?

LilDebbie-YAY on the clothes fitting. You will soon be getting a bunch more that fit! HAHA!

awestfall-Thanks for the new thread. Glad to see you back! Sounded like you had a great vacation. Yes seafood seems to be loaded with sodium. What a shame! Time for lots of water!! Happy birthday! Enjoy your day!!

Finally started week 9 this morning. Can't wait to be done with this beast that's for sure! Got some cleaning done last night and started going through some more clothes to get rid of. It's a vicious circle! My closet is starting to look pretty naked. Guess it's less to move in a month huh? I'm very proud of myself for getting up at 5 to hit the gym first thing. No excuses today, I dragged my *kitten* outta bed!
  • awestfall
    Happy Birthday Ann!

Glad you had a good time in my neck of the woods. :wink:
    Thanks Julie I had no idea you lived in SC.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    ann - happy birthday !!! glad you had a great time on vacation.

Jess - WTG on Clearing out your closet !!!! I can't wait to see what goodies you have for me !!!
  • awestfall
    Jess yes I have lots of water to drink today.I am feeling kinda crappy today though .My allergies/sinuses are really bugging me and I feel like I am coming down with the flu.Very bizzarre!! I have a mountain load of laundry to do I cleaned out my sandbox vehicle yesterday.Its amazing how much sand comes back with you when you go to the beach.I told my husband as much sand as we brought back we could make our own beach in the backyard :laugh: :laugh: Trying to get my house back to its original state before vacation and trying to fight off whatever bug is trying to attack my body.Anyways I am confident I will get my exercise in and my eating plan will stay on track.
  • awestfall

Jess - WTG on Clearing out your closet !!!! I can't wait to see what goodies you have for me !!!
    Thanks Lildebbie and you keep up that great work you have been doing.Sounds to me like you have been rocking in HARDCORE these past few weeks.You go GAL!!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member

Thanks Lildebbie and you keep up that great work you have been doing.Sounds to me like you have been rocking in HARDCORE these past few weeks.You go GAL!!

Thanks ANN -I am trying...had a gain last week ( i am confident all sodium from 4th of july), but still...I am going to kick these 260's out of the ballpark...
  • RedneckWmn
    Does anybody take any vitamins or anything daily? I was told I need to be taking a womens daily supplement or something? I take omega, when I remember.
  • awestfall
    Does anybody take any vitamins or anything daily? I was told I need to be taking a womens daily supplement or something? I take omega, when I remember.

Jess I take vitamins but I don't take a womens daily supplement!! I take Green Tea Slim(helps with weight loss and excess water),Bee Pollen plus Queen Jelly (full of antioxidants and helps with energy),B12( again energy) and vitamin C and D3 and the occasional Folic Acid .I have to take mine later in the day after I have food on my belly or otherwise it makes me sick.
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    I also try to take a multi-vitamin... but it's hard to remember. Like Ann, if I take it without having eaten first, I get sick to my stomach. I try to take it right before I eat lunch.

Again... if I remember :)

PS - Happy Birthday, Ann!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Happy Birthday Ann! We have LOTS of July birthdays if I'm remembering correctly. I think Nancy/Blue's is this weekend and mine is on Sunday. Hooray for summer babies!!

So far I'm following the plan I set out for the week. I had over 100 oz of water yesterday and while I didn't get to swim, I did go on a 2 mile walk at 3 mph. This morning I woke up with Jonathan and did the Biggest Loser Last Chance workout on Exercise TV OnDemand. 28 min = 280 cals burned. There's a chance that outdoor Pilates might be rained out today, but I have a back-up plan to go to a new yoga studio if that happens. I WILL get my workouts in!

Off to a meeting, catch you later!
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Good morning all!

Happy birthday Awest!!! the 30's are great! Some of the best moments of my life happened in my 30's!

so I had a bad night last night and I am beating myself up slightly. I waited way way way too long to eat dinner and was so hungry I could have eaten my hand!!! I made some really poor choices on food and am suffering for it today.. ugh I feel gross!

I am vowing to make sure I take snacks in my purse for emergencies so what I did to myself last night, doesn't happen again! (note I am taking full responsibilty for the slip up!) :sad:

And moving on.....
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    I also take extra iron and a daily multivitamin about 30 minutes before my workout. It gives me the extra energy to really work out hard.
  • RedneckWmn
    I use to takethe womens one a day but when I did I always got sick and very light headed and dizzy. Maybe I wasn't eating enough food or something with it?
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Ann- Happy 30th!!!

Myworld- dont stress about your vacation, go and enjoy yourself...but try to make more concious choices so you dont freak out when you get back!

Heather- I think every 10lbs I lose Ive been trying to incorporate a new excercise or routine...kickboxing is my 180s change. PS- Great job on the water and sodium!

Raider- When I feel like over eating I chug my 30oz bottle of water. It helps 95% of the time and if I am still hungry I grab a 100 cal snack...

Blue- congrats on the inches!! A new pics is needed please! New hair, less inches, and 90lbs down!!! Wooohoo, I need to start planning your 100lbs lost party! Oh yes, there WILL be a party of some sort!

Jess- We call our kids turds all the time and people find it offensive. We say it in a loving way but whatever..its nice to see you use it too lol. Thanks for doing w9 you have no idea how painful this will be for me! My legs are super sore yesterday I could barely excercise at low intensity for 30 mins...ugh this will be brutal, but I will try to do day 1 tonight

Keri- I keep those special K bars in my purse as well as some extra gum...
  • LittleSpy
    Jess -- I try to remember to take a women's multivitamin. I think the "women's" part is mainly just extra calcium, iron, and folic acid. :wink:
    But I don't really think I NEED to take it. Most of it probably just gets peed away. So, honestly, I take the one with folic acid in it because I'm afraid I'll accidentally get pregnant. :blushing: Adequate amounts of folic acid are absolutely essential in early pregnancy for healthy baby growin'. DH has an old friend who's gf got pregnant and didn't know and their child was born with spina bifida. If she had been taking a folic acid supplement during the early parts of her pregnancy (when she didn't know she was pregnant), the baby would have likely been fine. "Research has shown that if all women who could possibly become pregnant were to take a multivitamin with folic acid, the risk of neural tube defects like Spina Bifida could be reduced by up to 70%." http://www.spinabifidaassociation.org/site/c.liKWL7PLLrF/b.2700277/k.2112/Folic_Acid.htm

I feel like one of those old "The more you know" commercials. :tongue:

Edit: If you feel sick, try taking it with a full meal. You can also split it in half and take one half with breakfast and one half with dinner. That's probably better in terms of absorption anyway but I'd never remember twice a day.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Happy Birthday Ann!!!

Moreover, thanks for the new thread. Glad you had a wonderful time camping. We missed you!

I take women’s oneaday multi-vitamin ( I also have to take it with something because I get really sick to the stomach). Plus, vitamin C, D, and B12 (sublingual – under the tongue)..whenever I remember.

Jess: Why did you think I change my hair? I can’t do much with curly long hair, but put it in a pony tail, bun, and let it out ( but it get frizzy to fast).
  • cris20056
    I finally saw my 194 on the scale this morning! But it was a 194.8....then I saw 193.8, I was jumping for joy but since I saw the 194.8 first thats what I am going with. Its still up 0.8lbs from my pre- 4th of july weigh in. Ill take it though!!!!

Julie- its perfectly fine if you are not already taking folic acid as long as you find out early in pregnancy. I was 4 weeks along when I found out and immedietly went out and bought my self pre-natal pills (has it already in it). I think starting prior to 2 months is the recommended time frame for reducing risk of spina bifida. You are 100% correct though that starting it prior to getting preggo is even better! I love that you are so pro-active! I see a lil one in your future....just saying....
  • cris20056
    Oh and to everyone taking vitamins I heard that taking them at night (after dinner and before bed) makes you feel less sick and it absobrs better? Not sure how true that is about it absorbing better (I guess cause you dont go pee as much as you do through out the day) but I know it def helps me not feel sick
  • LittleSpy
    Julie- its perfectly fine if you are not already taking folic acid as long as you find out early in pregnancy. I was 4 weeks along when I found out and immedietly went out and bought my self pre-natal pills (has it already in it). I think starting prior to 2 months is the recommended time frame for reducing risk of spina bifida. You are 100% correct though that starting it prior to getting preggo is even better! I love that you are so pro-active! I see a lil one in your future....just saying....

I'm just extra paranoid about certain things. :tongue: I'll take the folic acid just in case.... but I'm still going to drink beer! :drinker: :laugh:
    In the future, yes (I'm pretty sure we would adopt if we couldn't have our own). Just hopefully not in the very near future. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.