Over 200 New Year New Me Part 27

Options

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Jess: Like you, I'm in love with DQ Blizzards, but make sure you look at the nutritional info before you go because several of them are 800+ calories for a medium. Who can have just a small...other than Julie, that is.

Julie: My boyfriend got the Double Fudge Cookie Dough Blizzard over the holiday weekend and it was SO good. It was good he had to share his with his son or I would have scarfed down his AND mine!! I'm super impressed by your self-control with ice cream in the house. As I've mentioned before, I used to eat whole pints of ice cream in a single sitting, too. My friend and I once determined we have separate stomach compartments for meals and dessert. No matter how full we are, we always have room for dessert (or is that J-E-L-L-O?)
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Jess: Like you, I'm in love with DQ Blizzards, but make sure you look at the nutritional info before you go because several of them are 800+ calories for a medium. Who can have just a small...other than Julie, that is.

Julie: My boyfriend got the Double Fudge Cookie Dough Blizzard over the holiday weekend and it was SO good. It was good he had to share his with his son or I would have scarfed down his AND mine!! I'm super impressed by your self-control with ice cream in the house. As I've mentioned before, I used to eat whole pints of ice cream in a single sitting, too. My friend and I once determined we have separate stomach compartments for meals and dessert. No matter how full we are, we always have room for dessert (or is that J-E-L-L-O?)

I use to eat a pint of icecream for lunch in high school. I hated the cafeteria food! So I usually had that and a bag of chips. No wonder I got fat! :laugh: And then my school put in a taco bell, chick fil a, a subway and something else. Seriously. We wonder why kids are overweight these days! And we had a coffee bar. My school sounds like a bunch of spoiled rich kids. :huh: Anyways. Enough of my tangent here. I did look up the calories in the blizzards, it's not pretty. I would most definitely have to pull off 2 serious workouts in a day to get that as a "treat". But I'm going to be good and wait.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    lstpaul-He doesn't have to exercise and everything and watch what he eats, he's already a smaller guy to begin with. So when he wants to go have mexican all the time I constantly have to say no! Men! Are you feeling any better? How's PT going?
    My hubby USED to be a really skinny guy ... years and beers have caught up with him ... but he is trying to change his eating habits a bit - seems easier for him than me. He SHOULD exercise with me - but I'm just waiting for him to decide that it's 'his idea' because he won't do it if it's something I'm pushing him to do.
    PT is going well, the daily traction seems to be helping most of the 'pain' in my shoulder/arm but my neck pain comes back from time to time and the prescription ibuprofen helps that ... the tingling seems to be getting worse. I have 3 more tests to look for any spinal cord compression, and unfortunately the scheduler is out of the office today so I'm a little frustrated right now, I want to get them over with before a vacation that I have coming up in 3 weeks.
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Tes and other newbies - Welcome!!

Cris - WTG on teh 194!! You are definitely back in action!! Yea, on getting the photographer, dj and cake taken care of. As for Bobby's red velvet I think your idea or Jess's would work. I wanted a chocolate cake so we had that at the rehearsal dinner and then had the tradtional white cake with some filling as our wedding cake.

Deb - Yea for Serena and her poop! I am sure that she is feeling much better now. :bigsmile: I for one don't have any problems in that department but I am definitely a unique one so that is expected.

Jess - Sorry about Mike being a butthead. If he knows what is right he will apologize tonight. (Hopefully sooner) I am not sure how you are going to be able to fight that ice cream craving. I am no help in that department. I am just like Heather and have the craving just about every day. I do not always make the best decisions when it comes to ice cream but I am better than I was. Instead of having a bowl now I only have a coffee cup (1 cup/ 2 servings). I know I still need to work on that but baby steps.

Julie - I am with you on the thongs. I almost fell off my chair when I first started reading that.

So far today I have been good. I had breakfast and had leftovers for lunch. Today is my last day at work until Monday. I have an Upper GI tomorrow morning so I had to take the entire day off for that but at least it gives me an extra long weekend. I get to go see Eclipse tomorrow night so I am super excited about that!! Not sure what is on the agenda tonight for dinner but I am really wanting some kind of chicken. Shockingly we haven't had it in a while, so maybe the hubby will fix some tonight! :bigsmile:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    He SHOULD exercise with me - but I'm just waiting for him to decide that it's 'his idea' because he won't do it if it's something I'm pushing him to do.

lstpaul - This is EXACTLY the situtation with my husband. He could definitely stand to lose some weight. He is totally supportive and proud of me for what I'm doing. He's just not ready to do it for himself. I'm not pushing because I know how it felt when other people pushed me. You have to be ready to make the change for yourself. Someone else can't tell you it needs to happen. You have to decide that it's happening.

That's actually the big difference for me in the weight-loss journey this time around. I made a committment to the change and to myself. I don't want to be a big girl anymore. I want to be healthy and active. Really internalizing that and dedicating myself to that mindset has made all the difference this time around. I've been battling my weight for the last 10 years. Sometimes I didn't care (the weight was winning) and the times I tried to fight back, I wasn't in it to win it. It's different this time around. I see it and the people around me see it. It's a pretty cool thing.

Not to be too sappy, but you all are a HUGE reason that I keep on keeping on. The support and accountabliity this board offers is something that has been missing every other time I've attempted to make a change. So for that, I give you HUGS!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    radier - I LOVE the idea of using a coffee cup for your ice cream serving. Dang bowls are just so big!!
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Cris: Good job on the wedding planning. I had a pretty small wedding but even then the planning was the hardest part. I loved everything about it and would not change a thing. I got pretty lucky because my sister is a hair dresser and she is pretty chatty so some of her clients were able to hook me up with their servise. My photographer normally charges 2000+ for her time and then you pay more for the photos, I got her services and the rights to the photos + a second photographer for 1100.00 Awesomness. I also got a baker to make my cakes for 400.00 both bridal for 150 people (we didnt need that much) and grooms!! I hope you can get some good deals!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    He SHOULD exercise with me - but I'm just waiting for him to decide that it's 'his idea' because he won't do it if it's something I'm pushing him to do.

lstpaul - This is EXACTLY the situtation with my husband. He could definitely stand to lose some weight. He is totally supportive and proud of me for what I'm doing. He's just not ready to do it for himself. I'm not pushing because I know how it felt when other people pushed me. You have to be ready to make the change for yourself. Someone else can't tell you it needs to happen. You have to decide that it's happening.

That's actually the big difference for me in the weight-loss journey this time around. I made a committment to the change and to myself. I don't want to be a big girl anymore. I want to be healthy and active. Really internalizing that and dedicating myself to that mindset has made all the difference this time around. I've been battling my weight for the last 10 years. Sometimes I didn't care (the weight was winning) and the times I tried to fight back, I wasn't in it to win it. It's different this time around. I see it and the people around me see it. It's a pretty cool thing.

Not to be too sappy, but you all are a HUGE reason that I keep on keeping on. The support and accountabliity this board offers is something that has been missing every other time I've attempted to make a change. So for that, I give you HUGS!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

awww me too! Hugs!!! :flowerforyou:

Raider-that is such a good idea!! I love it!! With TOM coming into town I think that may be when I give into my craveing!

On a side note. I did talk to Mike about how he upset me. He apologized and now feels really bad. oops. Not my plan but at least he understands.

Is it 6 yet!? I'm so ready to go home!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options

litspy - glad you are feeling more like yourself again! Yes, the whole shower at the gym thing is creepy, but it is OK once you get used to it. Just MAKE SURE you wear thongs! OMG the first time I didn't because I was clueless and got the WORST case of athlete's foot! EWW!!!

:laugh:
    It always takes me a few seconds when someone calls them "thongs." :tongue: I mean, I know that's what they're called but NO ONE around here says anything other than "flip-flops." Southerners love onomatopoeias (Woot! I'm even unzombied enough to spell today!).

I definitely learned my lesson about shoes in community showers from band camp in high school. :indifferent: I even wore them when I lived in a dorm in college even though I only shared my shower with 3 other people. Yicky.

I couldn't for the life of me remember the word flip-flop! I kept staring at the word thong, thinking, wth? is that right? LOL
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    radier - I LOVE the idea of using a coffee cup for your ice cream serving. Dang bowls are just so big!!

Elmox: unless you get a huge coffee mug ( about 24 oz) then the bowl wins:laugh:

Enjoy ya ice cream. I would love some too, but I don't trust myself around it..or I will do what heather does (eat the whole darn thing)
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I've had a really crappy day. And it had nothing to do with my hair. In retrospect, I wish it was just about my hair, but no such luck.
    I'm sure tomorrow I will find some humor in the day, but at this writing, I got nothin'. So I'll leave it at that. I made some terrible food decisions as a direct result of the crappy day. I'm pissed at myself for that. I went through a drive-through for breakfast and for lunch. Well, total that up and I see I have barely any calories left for dinner, and of course because it was bad-for-you food I am now starving. I am going to take a nap and when I wake up maybe I'll have an idea of what to eat that is filling, nutritious and has no calories. And no sodium. Oh and no sugar. And cat food doesn't count. OK maybe a little humor.
  • Positively_Me
    Options

Awww, your so sweet:flowerforyou: :heart: . This is the reason why I keep coming back too, I can't do this alone..

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou::heart: I__L_O_V_E__T_H_I_S__G_R_O_U_P:heart::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    I've had a really crappy day. And it had nothing to do with my hair. In retrospect, I wish it was just about my hair, but no such luck.
    I'm sure tomorrow I will find some humor in the day, but at this writing, I got nothin'. So I'll leave it at that. I made some terrible food decisions as a direct result of the crappy day. I'm pissed at myself for that. I went through a drive-through for breakfast and for lunch. Well, total that up and I see I have barely any calories left for dinner, and of course because it was bad-for-you food I am now starving. I am going to take a nap and when I wake up maybe I'll have an idea of what to eat that is filling, nutritious and has no calories. And no sodium. Oh and no sugar. And cat food doesn't count. OK maybe a little humor.

Blue: one bad day..so what...I say move on. Don't sweat it, at least you acknowledge it and now it's time to move ahead..like you said make better decision for dinner..now you are looking for something with no calories, no sodium, no sugar, and might fill you up..all I can think of is air:laugh: But it's not satifying..

It's ok if you are over you calories for just this one day:flowerforyou:
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Check in
    calories: over ( I ate some of my exercise calories) = 1424
    exercise: 35 minutes elliptical ( burned 405 )
    water: no enough again..I have to get drinking my water again
    proud/happy moment: I didn't eat the "chocolate Marble Turffle Cake" my hubby bought..it's not worth 460 calories and 32 grams of fat....my health is much more important than that stupid cake...I am so happy I think I got my willpower back

have a great nite girls,

check back tomorrow
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Whoa, let's see if I can remember everyone.............

1stpaul - love yur beers and years comment, I think I might use that to describe some of my beer bellied uncles :bigsmile:
    Sorry about the locker room, it sounds disgusting, I would probably ask for a discount but then I'm a bit of a beatch when it comes to stuff like that :laugh:

Lildeb - prune jiuce is what one friend gives her daughter every day, just a small glass in the am does the trick. Without it she gets backed up immediately. I know that this is not the only issue going on with Serena but I hope she had a better day today. xoxo

Blue - orange hair sounds like fun ( except the oopma loompa tears part) I went ginger once and red and pink and purple....... sorry about your rotten day but please eat something this evening, I sometimes go for a bowl of cereal when I'm low on calories.

Jess - OMG that boy had it coming, he should feel bad but I'm glad he apologized because it sounds like you want to keep him around and I wouldn't want some non apologetic, disrespectful boy for you. Ermmm I'm realizing as I write this that I'm getting as protective of you as my flesh n blood friends...Awwww:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks to everyone who mentioned ice cream today :explode: :laugh: :explode: now I really want some.

Cris - You are putting me to shame girl, I am just going to try on dresses for the first time next week, I don't have flowers or music or a photog or anything yet and your wedding is a year later than mine !!!!!! I absolutely LOVE red velvet cake, it is my favorite in the world and I am getting it for my wedding cake fo sure.

Check in for today
    -Calories - good approx 1200
    water - 96 oz
    exercise - walking
    proud, more pleased but anyway.... I want to the dentist for my cleaning today (fun huh Jess??) and he was so sweet he has offered to give me free whitening as a wedding present. It sounds fancy too, I have to go back in 2 weeks for them to take molds to make custom trays for me. I was really touched.
  • meokk
    Options
    lstpaul-He doesn't have to exercise and everything and watch what he eats, he's already a smaller guy to begin with. So when he wants to go have mexican all the time I constantly have to say no! Men! Are you feeling any better? How's PT going?

Anybody heard from colorado girl?

Jess - I'm at the point when if my man asks if I want to go out to dinner I'll say yes and tell him exactly how many calories I have left to eat so he can choose a place that will work for both of us. He is not a big guy either but he sure does eat like a horse so this evening we went to this place called Maoz so I could get a healthy salad for approx 300 cals and he got one too. Then he was still hungry so we went o the Chipoltle next door and he got 3 tacos and we were both happy :bigsmile:

sidenote, Elmox you need to try this place, they gave me a big bowl with greens and falafel balls the you get to load up from their salad bar with all sorts of goodies, carrots, beets, coleslaw, picked mini eggplants, taboleh, borccoli, chickpeas, etc and yogurt sauce, it was really yummy)
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Blue - sorry you had a bad day...tomororw is another day !!!

jess - i know what you mean on the high school food.. I used to have ice cream and cheese fries and a dr pepper for lunch.

Thanks for the advise on serena...i really don't think i can get her to take prune juice...I need to find these gummy things i had for her before, they help with being regular ..i need to look for them.

So i was hoping the poop from last night would stop the acidnets, but no she had one today, she said she didn't want to stop what she was doing...she was in a very foul mood

She is soo excited about turining 7 tomorrow. I got her some presents i am going to let her open tomorrow when we go out to dinner...we let her pick , so we are going to fudruckers, not sure if they are everywhere...but i can' eat fairly good last time i had a chicken sandwich and a side salad.. Hope i do good :smile: i really want a good weigh in on friday.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    blue- cheer up buttercup...one day wont ruin your progress, but just dont let it become a pattern.

meook- I just about died when you told me you have nothing done! OMG! I would freak. I am a total type A personality who is obsessed with making lists and charts and timelines...yea...people think Im crazy. I call it being organized, hehe.

Jess- glad he apologized

Istapul- great job staying within calories, lets work on the diet pepsi issue...where are you getting it from? lets cut it at the source!

Lildeb- Happy early bday to Serena, hope she hasa fantastic day tomorrow!

pos-me- great job passing up the cake! looks like somone has their mojo back!!!

Checking in:
    calories- 1175
    water- yup
    sodium-1900
    excercise- c25k w9d1...2 more to go!!! OMG SO EXCTITED TO GET THIS OFF MY PLATE
    Cals burned- 655...my HR was in the 160-170 the entire time, I was dying
    proud- that I sucked it up and did w9 because I didnt want to hold up Jess....we promised we'd finish this together :flowerforyou:

Good night!!!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Oh and Im proud that I dont have a liar ticker this week! :drinker: :drinker:
  • meokk
    Options

meook- I just about died when you told me you have nothing done! OMG! I would freak. I am a total type A personality who is obsessed with making lists and charts and timelines...yea...people think Im crazy. I call it being organized, hehe.

Ha ! One of my best friends is just like you and she is totally freaked out that I have not done any of that stuff. Her job is tracking and organizing and making charts and she even sent me one that she thought I might follow,,,,,,, nope.