Options

Replies

• newthinkingfish
    newthinkingfish Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    SurfyPants wrote: »
    ZQGainz wrote: »
    What's the best way haha?

Just strut up wearing white Oakley's & your finest flat cap & tell them what they're doing wrong. Trust me this is a sure fire approach.. Really.. I'm serious... Bonus points if you do it carrying a gallon jug of water. Now go forth & slay

More, go forth and be slayed :D

Ssssshhhh.. never interrupt someone while they're in the middle of a colossal screwup or you'll loose out telling the story to your friends
  • BishopWankapin
    BishopWankapin Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    TicoCortez wrote: »
    People go to the gym to workout, restaurants to eat, work to work, church to pray, stores to shop...none of those to be hit on and picked up. Best keep silent, my boy. Like all good relationships, you'll inevitably just wind up with someone by osmosis.

giphy.gif

It's kinda like men and women don't really like each other much nowadays...

I can't say that I blame them really. I generally regard both like so:

giphy.gif
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    People go to the gym to workout, restaurants to eat, work to work, church to pray, stores to shop...none of those to be hit on and picked up. Best keep silent, my boy. Like all good relationships, you'll inevitably just wind up with someone by osmosis.

giphy.gif

totally disagree.............I've met and "dated" (ahem) women from every place you mentioned!
  • kbeard00043
    kbeard00043 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I wish a good looking guy would approach me at the gym!!!!
  • BishopWankapin
    BishopWankapin Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    _Figgzie_ wrote: »

giphy.gif

totally disagree.............I've met and "dated" (ahem) women from every place you mentioned!

giphy.gif
  • _Figgzie_
    Options
    I wish a good looking guy would approach me at the gym!!!!

it will happen!! you're good looking and look very approachable
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    sexual harassment is for young girls. There comes a time in every woman's life when she is like "harass me baby! I don't care what you look like...just let me know I still got it!" She might not give you the time of day, but it will still make her day.

ummm....no
  • FormerlyWallyAmadeus
    FormerlyWallyAmadeus Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I don't think "approaching" girls at the gym is going to be well received. I'm happily married and I don't always wear my wedding ring when I work out since I'm afraid that I'm going to leave it somewhere in the locker room after showering. So, not only does a direct approach seem a little stalker like, but you might be approaching someone who isn't available.

What you might do is just be a really, really nice guy. Put your weights back, wipe down the bench after you are done, if you're going to get a cup of water, just say to anyone in the bench area: I'm getting some water, can I get some for anyone?

If you find a woman attractive, see if you can be working out at the same time she is. Don't stare at her, but I've gotten to know a few of the regulars at my gym who work out when I do, and we always give one another a friendly nod. Then, just be a good guy, and one day, if she's interested, she'll take you up on that water offer!
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    sexual harassment is for young girls. There comes a time in every woman's life when she is like "harass me baby! I don't care what you look like...just let me know I still got it!" She might not give you the time of day, but it will still make her day.

Damn straight.
  • ramshackles
    ramshackles Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think a good smile and a bit of flirty eye contact is always good. Maybe trying to time your leaving at the same time so you can strike up conversation?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    The last time I approached a woman at the gym it went a lil' something like this:

"Wow, those are great looking yoga pants; do you need a spot ? "

"A spot? ...... we're at the smoothie bar."

"Oh... yeah........ Sorry? "
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Usually sneaking up and sitting down on the bench they are about to sit on, right under them, is a good introduction
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    So is the answer yes or no to talking to women at the gym?
  • _Figgzie_
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I say the gym thing takes time..............gotta give the woman some time for you to grow on her...........familiarity breaks the ice at the gym

• dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's not done in creeper fashion
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

You takin notes over there?
  • dwrightlaw
    Options
    Like dont spend 20 mins staring at her while shes using the adductor machine
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »

15 minutes are good then?

... asking for a friend.
  • dwrightlaw
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    dwrightlaw wrote: »

15 minutes are good then?

... asking for a friend.

I'd say you're safe with 5-7 mins tops