How to approach girls in the gym???

Replies

• brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    brittyn3 wrote: »
    Say "Good morning" with a big smile when you see her. Then based on her reaction you should get an idea of how to proceed.
    I used to speak to no one at the gym. No one. Now I have made friends that I will go out with outside of the gym, I know about their families, their jobs, etc. I go to the gym to get *kitten* done and anyone there that knows me would say that I am one of the hardest working people there, but that doesn't mean I don't have time to be friendly. Yes, my time is limited and I work out hard, but I have learned a ton by being open to speaking to other people.
    Here come the woos, but.... Anyone who refuses to talk to someone else in the gym isn't worth your time. They clearly think they are perfect and don't need interaction with the likes of you or anyone else to better themselves.
    For those of you that want to hate me for saying that think about the possibility that someone wants to give you a tip on form or they want to let you know there is a huge hole in your pants or your shoe is untied or that they admire your strength, stamina, weight loss, etc. Not every person who speaks to you at the gym wants in your pants or is a waste of your precious time.

Responding to the bold - so what if I don't need or want interaction with someone else at the gym - on MY time. I have plenty of work to do before I'm anywhere near "perfect". Your forced interaction isn't going to bring any more quality to my life, let alone my workout. It would be different if I was sitting at a bar, looking around, making eye contact at people. I have to be social at my job all day, constantly being interrupted or solving problems for other people - you better believe when I'm at the gym I'm having the experience I want. ME TIME.

I don't need or want a tip on form, if my form is *kitten* for a rep, I know it is, I'm aware if there's a hole in my pants, if my shoes untied - I meant it to be. And my time is precious. I will never understand why people get mad if other people don't want to have the same experience they do. Maybe they are having their own experience, and I doubt you'd like it being forced on you as well.

lol what a ridiculous comment.
    I genuinely feel sorry for single men. There's so many social situations they're expected to navigate and they feel like they're wrong no matter what they do.

Considering I've been harassed on the street since I was like 14- I don't feel all that bad.

Yes, this would make a difference, I suppose. I've never been harassed so I can't speak for everyone. I just didn't see what he was wanting to do as harassment, but I guess I could see why others might take it that way.

You appear to be a grown good looking woman. I have a hard time believing you have NEVER ever been whistled at- cat called or leered at in public.
    Here come the woos, but.... Anyone who refuses to talk to someone else in the gym isn't worth your time. They clearly think they are perfect and don't need interaction with the likes of you or anyone else to better themselves.
    For those of you that want to hate me for saying that think about the possibility that someone wants to give you a tip on form or they want to let you know there is a huge hole in your pants or your shoe is untied or that they admire your strength, stamina, weight loss, etc. Not every person who speaks to you at the gym wants in your pants or is a waste of your precious time.

erm- maybe they have social anxiety? maybe they are having a bad day- maybe their dad just died- maybe they are in a hurry and don't have time to chat- maybe they are doing interval training and can't actually talk (had that happen before- someone got super huffy- I was USING A BLOODY TIMER that beeped at 10 and 40 second intervals- it was 12 minutes of work- GO AWAY)

I am a very social person- I generally don't understand the "I never ever talk to people at the gym" mentality- because I'm just way to effing social for that- but there are days- where no- I don't want to talk to anyone- I don't have time to get wrapped up in a conversation- and there is no guarantee that "hey man what's up" won't turn into a flipping 20 min discussion about why your leg hurts. So sometimes yes- it's safer to not talk. But that doesn't mean people who don't talk to other people think they are perfect- there are a whole HOST of reasons why and it isn't always about some one being aloof.

There is room in the middle my friend.

if people dont wanna talk to other people coz they think other people got nothing to offer them that’s f-ed up

thats what i get from what @lstrat115 said

dont be so easily offended

That's not what I got from what he posted. And I'm entitled to my opinion. And you're entitled to your own. I'm not "so easily offended"- I'm merely pointing out other options and why people might not want to be talked to at the gym that have NOTHING to do with elitism. I literally have no dog in this fight- I'm happily married.

Assuming people don't want to talk to you because YOU think they are thinking they are better than you- is pretty self centered. Life isn't about you- sometimes people don't think they are better than you- sometimes they are just wrapped up in their own ish.

*she

This is why i love the banana. People assume that I am a guy and read what I say in a different tone/manner. I knew I was stirring up trouble, but i just couldn't help myself ;)

haha - I read your response with you being a "she". Stirring up trouble makes the day more interesting. I wish sarcasm was better interpreted through text vs. explicitly saying I'M BEING SARCASTIC :D:D
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Say "Good morning" with a big smile when you see her. Then based on her reaction you should get an idea of how to proceed.
    I used to speak to no one at the gym. No one. Now I have made friends that I will go out with outside of the gym, I know about their families, their jobs, etc. I go to the gym to get *kitten* done and anyone there that knows me would say that I am one of the hardest working people there, but that doesn't mean I don't have time to be friendly. Yes, my time is limited and I work out hard, but I have learned a ton by being open to speaking to other people.

Responding to the bold - so what if I don't need or want interaction with someone else at the gym - on MY time. I have plenty of work to do before I'm anywhere near "perfect". Your forced interaction isn't going to bring any more quality to my life, let alone my workout. It would be different if I was sitting at a bar, looking around, making eye contact at people. I have to be social at my job all day, constantly being interrupted or solving problems for other people - you better believe when I'm at the gym I'm having the experience I want. ME TIME.

I don't need or want a tip on form, if my form is *kitten* for a rep, I know it is, I'm aware if there's a hole in my pants, if my shoes untied - I meant it to be. And my time is precious. I will never understand why people get mad if other people don't want to have the same experience they do. Maybe they are having their own experience, and I doubt you'd like it being forced on you as well.

I genuinely feel sorry for single men. There's so many social situations they're expected to navigate and they feel like they're wrong no matter what they do.

Considering I've been harassed on the street since I was like 14- I don't feel all that bad.

Yes, this would make a difference, I suppose. I've never been harassed so I can't speak for everyone. I just didn't see what he was wanting to do as harassment, but I guess I could see why others might take it that way.

You appear to be a grown good looking woman. I have a hard time believing you have NEVER ever been whistled at- cat called or leered at in public.

erm- maybe they have social anxiety? maybe they are having a bad day- maybe their dad just died- maybe they are in a hurry and don't have time to chat- maybe they are doing interval training and can't actually talk (had that happen before- someone got super huffy- I was USING A BLOODY TIMER that beeped at 10 and 40 second intervals- it was 12 minutes of work- GO AWAY)

I am a very social person- I generally don't understand the "I never ever talk to people at the gym" mentality- because I'm just way to effing social for that- but there are days- where no- I don't want to talk to anyone- I don't have time to get wrapped up in a conversation- and there is no guarantee that "hey man what's up" won't turn into a flipping 20 min discussion about why your leg hurts. So sometimes yes- it's safer to not talk. But that doesn't mean people who don't talk to other people think they are perfect- there are a whole HOST of reasons why and it isn't always about some one being aloof.

if people dont wanna talk to other people coz they think other people got nothing to offer them that’s f-ed up

That's not what I got from what he posted. And I'm entitled to my opinion. And you're entitled to your own. I'm not "so easily offended"- I'm merely pointing out other options and why people might not want to be talked to at the gym that have NOTHING to do with elitism. I literally have no dog in this fight- I'm happily married.

Assuming people don't want to talk to you because YOU think they are thinking they are better than you- is pretty self centered. Life isn't about you- sometimes people don't think they are better than you- sometimes they are just wrapped up in their own ish.

*she

This is why i love the banana. People assume that I am a guy and read what I say in a different tone/manner. I knew I was stirring up trouble, but i just couldn't help myself ;)

haha - I read your response with you being a "she". Stirring up trouble makes the day more interesting. I wish sarcasm was better interpreted through text vs. explicitly saying I'M BEING SARCASTIC :D:D

I got you this for Valentines day. I drew it myself. It took me hours.

c00qxsguh5d6.jpg
  • brittyn3
    cee134 wrote: »

*she

c00qxsguh5d6.jpg

You really didn't have to do that! I love it!

ofchziq6uchm.gif
  • cee134

*she

c00qxsguh5d6.jpg

ofchziq6uchm.gif

Are you being sarcastic?
  • brittyn3

*she

c00qxsguh5d6.jpg

ofchziq6uchm.gif

Are you being sarcastic?

Since we're on the internet, it's probably best if you just interpret my personality and tell me how I feel while reading some lines of text.

Save us both a lot of confusion, you know?
  • brittyn3
    Also, I think another great way to approach someone at the gym - just throw a cup of really cold water on them when they are mid rep, but like secretly, and when they are about to crush themselves with the weight, you're conveniently there to save them.
  • cee134
    edited February 2018

*she

c00qxsguh5d6.jpg

ofchziq6uchm.gif

Are you being sarcastic?

Since we're on the internet, it's probably best if you just interpret my personality and tell me how I feel while reading some lines of text.

Then no. <3<3<3<3<3

I'm so glad we got past our first fight and came out ok. I'm also glad you enjoy my bird arm drawing. It's taken me awhile to get that good but you're welcome.
  • brittyn3

*she

c00qxsguh5d6.jpg

ofchziq6uchm.gif

Are you being sarcastic?

Then no. <3<3<3<3<3

I'm so glad we got past our first fight and came out ok. I'm also glad you enjoy my bird arm drawing. It's taken me awhile to get that good but you're welcome.

I was conflicted - but your drawing won me over. If only we'd met in the gym, we could have contributed to this post. Next time.
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    THS2SHALLPASS Posts: 1,569 Member
    i never approach women in the gym for that... i may help with form or tell them they are welcome to grab some db's by me. i do this because most are intimidated by me in there. im generally in the corner alone, never get approached.. no love for a big tatted up fella i suppose.. all good because it makes my workouts kick *kitten*!!
  • cee134

*she

c00qxsguh5d6.jpg

ofchziq6uchm.gif

Are you being sarcastic?

Then no. <3<3<3<3<3

I was conflicted - but your drawing won me over. If only we'd met in the gym, we could have contributed to this post. Next time.

My drawings are amazing. But enough about me. Tell me more about you. What are your hobbies and interested?
    How many cats do you have? What is your favorite pizza? Do you know Kevin?
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Don't
  • cee134
    bekah818 wrote: »
    Don't

That's a very random thing to say.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    I don't. I just flex my gluteus maximus and they come running. :tongue:
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    edited February 2018
    i never approach women in the gym for that... i may help with form or tell them they are welcome to grab some db's by me. i do this because most are intimidated by me in there. im generally in the corner alone, never get approached.. no love for a big tatted up fella i suppose.. all good because it makes my workouts kick *love*!!

2 of my favorite people in the gym are big, tatted up guys. They intimidate people who don't know them too, but it's because people love stereotypes. They have huge hearts and would go to bat for me at any time.

I keep reading this as "big-tittied guys". Cleatly, I have some unresolved issues.
  • brittyn3

*she

c00qxsguh5d6.jpg

ofchziq6uchm.gif

Are you being sarcastic?

Then no. <3<3<3<3<3

My drawings are amazing. But enough about me. Tell me more about you. What are your hobbies and interested?

Hobbies - running with my shoes untied while texting on my cell phone on a treadmill. Interest, my cats. I have 17 cats, all sleep in bed with me. I don't eat pizza, because it's "junk/bad" food. I only eat Kale. I know Kevin - he better pay me back if he know's what's good for him.

If you know Kevin - tell him what I just said. Thanks.
  • cee134
    edited February 2018

*she

c00qxsguh5d6.jpg

ofchziq6uchm.gif

Are you being sarcastic?

Then no. <3<3<3<3<3

Hobbies - running with my shoes untied while texting on my cell phone on a treadmill. Interest, my cats. I have 17 cats, all sleep in bed with me. I don't eat pizza, because it's "junk/bad" food. I only eat Kale. I know Kevin - he better pay me back if he know's what's good for him.

If you know Kevin - tell him what I just said. Thanks.

HOLY *kitten* *kitten*!!!! You know Kevin!!! I've been looking for him for awhile now. When was the last time you saw him?

What's your favorite Kale recipe? I love Kale chips.

Why do you have so many cats, do you have a big place. Anything under 1000 should not have more than 2 cats. For every 500 square feet after 1000, you can add one cat. So a home that is 1500 square feet, you can usually house 3 cats comfortably.

@lstrat115
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    I come out of the locker room like this

kwyydy95evwj.gif
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Slip a note on her bag with a photo of you giving a thumbs up and your phone number.