How to approach girls in the gym???

Replies

• saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Personally I wouldn't want someone talking to me while I'm working out, but I wouldn't mind chatting a bit alter I'm completely done. I'd start with a smile in passing, maybe a quick hello, but wait to approach her as she's heading out. No guarantee she will be interested, or that she's not already in a relationship (I don't wear my wedding ring to the gym for example) but at least you wont be the creepy guy if you approach respectfully.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    If she isn't making weird awkward eye contact or smiling at you or anything just steer clear.

OR You can ask her to spot you
  • CaptainFantastic00
    I genuinely feel sorry for single men. They aren't given a chance no matter what they try to do.

I dunno. I am getting a chance and it's cool
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    I find it best to sneak up behind them, gently reach up and pull out one of their ear buds and whisper "damn girl, you fine"
  • CaptainFantastic00
    csbnga wrote: »
    I find it best to sneak up behind them, gently reach up and pull out one of their ear buds and whisper "damn girl, you fine"

#howtogetbeatupbyagirl #hashtagsdontworkhere
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member

Smooth right?
  • CaptainFantastic00

Smooth right?

The smoothest!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    It either happens naturally or it doesn't. I certainly wouldn't join a gym for the purpose of picking up girls. That doesn't mean that in the course of whatever you are doing-- working out, shopping or whatever-- you can't meet up with someone and discover you may have something in common.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Say "Good morning" with a big smile when you see her. Then based on her reaction you should get an idea of how to proceed.
    I used to speak to no one at the gym. No one. Now I have made friends that I will go out with outside of the gym, I know about their families, their jobs, etc. I go to the gym to get *kitten* done and anyone there that knows me would say that I am one of the hardest working people there, but that doesn't mean I don't have time to be friendly. Yes, my time is limited and I work out hard, but I have learned a ton by being open to speaking to other people.

Here come the woos, but.... Anyone who refuses to talk to someone else in the gym isn't worth your time. They clearly think they are perfect and don't need interaction with the likes of you or anyone else to better themselves.
    For those of you that want to hate me for saying that think about the possibility that someone wants to give you a tip on form or they want to let you know there is a huge hole in your pants or your shoe is untied or that they admire your strength, stamina, weight loss, etc. Not every person who speaks to you at the gym wants in your pants or is a waste of your precious time.

You're my favorite spidermens riding a banana.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I genuinely feel sorry for single men. There's so many social situations they're expected to navigate and they feel like they're wrong no matter what they do.

Considering I've been harassed on the street since I was like 14- I don't feel all that bad.

Yes, this would make a difference, I suppose. I've never been harassed so I can't speak for everyone. I just didn't see what he was wanting to do as harassment, but I guess I could see why others might take it that way.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Are you going to a gym or singles bar?

hux9q9yvx90v.jpg

• TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    I love the gifs. I had to click on this one when I saw the title and it didn't disappoint! Love the dude with the chair at the start, I'm going to have to start practicing that whole expand the chair with one quick snap. Looked pretty cool!
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Are you going to a gym or singles bar?

hux9q9yvx90v.jpg

You can have fun positive interactions with people at lots of places besides singles bars.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    4k8qauyuhurz.gif

That's a slick move, gotta learn that for the campgrounds this summer!