How to approach girls in the gym???

Options

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Girls in general, don't. You don't want to be "that" guy that everyone avoids, because it's annoying.
    A specific girl? That might be different. Start with a friendly hi, and seewhere it goes. Try to avoid catching her in the middle of a workout, or anywhere she might feel uncomfortable.
  • Nicole_M4
    Nicole_M4 Posts: 507 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    ... had a naughty meme, deleted it so I wouldn't get reported lol :p>:)
  • BitofaState
    BitofaState Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    From the front, smiling and ready to retreat at the first sign that she's not interested.

If she's there to exercise and not socialize have some respect for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP-De6pudm4
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    heytimsla wrote: »
    I make myself real wide, flare my lats our like a cobra. Then I raise my hands up so they think I’m taller. Then I approach. Then I yell real loud so they know I’m in their territory ..... oh wait I’m just describing what happens if you come across a bear in the woods. Whatever. Prolly works the same. nunrius6hq19.jpeg

:lol:

When I was still going to the gym I had a few guys who would chat to me. I was still married at the time though, so oblivious to whether they were trying to chat me up or just being friendly.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    It’s 2018 dude .... just don’t try to pick up girls. Definitely not at the gym, they are there to workout, definitely not at the supermarket, they are trying to shop for groceries, definitely not at the library, they are there to look at books. At a bar ?? ... no, they are there with their girlfriends. Car wash ... err no !!! Getting their car cleaned, coffee shop ?? ... really, interrupt a caramel, skinny latte ?? No. Basically you missed your chance dude .... if you are not married already, it’s game over !!!!

This is sad but kinda true. Is online really the only way to meet someone? I’m screwed :(
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If you have a gym crush, it's fine to talk to her. People meet people everywhere.

In between sets or when she is getting coffee, the best approach is to act like a NORMAL person (not a creeper), and ask her about her lifting program (do NOT give advice).

I've had it happen to me (I'm married and not interested), but if I were single I wouldn't be opposed to dating someone from the gym. Keep in mind if things get ugly, you might have to switch gyms.

ETA: You'd have to be the one switching gyms if it were me. I would tell all the women that you were bad in bed...lots and lots of gym gossip.
  • mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I really dont see what the big deal is. Just smile, if she doesn't respond, move on. If she does, its a win win scenario :)
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Don’t.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    ZQGainz wrote: »
    What's the best way haha?

I'd be very flattered if someone flirted with me at the gym... it's never happened though so I can't say how it would be done. I would say, start by being friendly and encouraging. Maybe bring up fitness -related topics and build a rapport over time?
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Save it for the bar so there is alcohol and bad judgment involved. Hope you can feel the sarcasm.
    At least your in a healthy place with something in common.