Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Most recent Google search ...

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Ya it's neat eh. It can be annoying when you're sweeping with all your night and being told to sweep harder. I usually tell the skip st that point we are going as hard as we can haha
  • sylvahiker
    sylvahiker Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Does everyone have to “launch” stones ?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Yup. Only the skip doesn't really sweep.
    The positions are lead, second, vice and skip. Lead and second sweep every rock, vice becomes the skip when the skip throws his or her rocks.
  • sylvahiker
    Options
    Here’s a question I thought of last night. With all this sweeping, doesn’t the ice change after each pass ? Are the sweep brushes all the same ?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Well there's been some controversy there because a new broom head was developed Thst would actually change the ice. They're illegal now. I think they'd actually make grooves in the ice.

The idea with sweeping is to remove the pebble and make a smooth surface for the rock to glide over. Sweeping is done to get the rock to go farther or to keep it straight. So rocks Thst are going fast get swept sometimes if they aren't on the right trajectory
  • sylvahiker
    Options
    Pebble? I also think it’s cool that there are no referees. All self regulated.
  • MizzBree
    MizzBree Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Clock spiders! Don't do it!!!!! Omg! I had nightmares!!!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    sylvahiker wrote: »
    Pebble? I also think it’s cool that there are no referees. All self regulated.

Pebble is the bumps on the ice. They spray it with water so it's bumpy. What's why you can walk on it it's not smooth. It's very civilized and for club leagues you all sit around after with drinks
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    The seedy side of curling ,
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Beer and potato chips are consumed haha it's super seedy
  • sylvahiker
    Options
    Sounds lovely :) what country originated curling ?
  • Smilin40
    Options
    Scotland
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Smilin40 wrote: »
    Scotland

Those crazy Scots
  • sylvahiker
    Options
    Truly. Who would ever make up such a sport ? Must be a pretty interesting story behind it
  • Smilin40
    Options
    Their *kitten* they our us Irish natural enemies,along with the English and other Irish.*kitten* we fight with everyone now that I think about it.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Smilin40 wrote: »
    Their *kitten* they our us Irish natural enemies,along with the English and other Irish.*kitten* we fight with everyone now that I think about it.

I'm thinking it might me you and not them
  • Smilin40
    Options
    w41ubgxpvvzz.png
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    sylvahiker wrote: »
    Truly. Who would ever make up such a sport ? Must be a pretty interesting story behind it

I'm sure it was like hey rocks slide across the ice, hey I've a broom let's sweep the path clean. Now let's drink. At the beginning of bonspiels they typically have a bagpiper lead the players in and then the piper and organizer have a shot of whisky
  • sylvahiker
    Options
    So why isn’t there whiskey and bagpipes at the Olympics ? This needs to be addressed ASAP! Injustice !
  • Smilin40
    Options
    They were mugging someone using rocks on ice classic Scots move.