Options
1235»

Replies

• StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Omnimous69 wrote: »
    To all the people questioning my Strength before cardio suggestion, this was a tip I received from my cousin, who is a biologist and works out 3 - 4 times a week. He's looked cut for years. But, I just did a cursory look on google because so many people where questioning it. I'm not sure if I can post links here but https://blog.fitbit.com/cardio-or-weights-first/ was the second site I checked and was saying the same thing as the first site I checked.

I don't think anyone is questioning doing strength before cardio. People who lift heavy typically do it this way. It was the comment on blood flow to the torn muscles people were questioning.

Personally, I do my strength and cardio on different days, but on the rare occasion I have to do them the same day, I always do strength before cardio.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Nuts and seeds are about double the calories by weight than either protein and carbs. If you are tossing them in by the handfuls you could be eating a lot more than you thought.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If I have a taxidermy question I know who to ask!
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Omnimous69 wrote: »
    I regards to the blood flow, the gist of it is torn muscles require nutrients to grow and rushing those nutrients through the body right after the muscles are torn is very beneficial.

I'd have to see the science behind this before I can buy into it. Show us some research :)
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    How long do you think it takes of being consistently in the gym to notice some form of visual result?? I’ve been going anywhere from 4-6 days a week from 6-7am since mid January. I always start with cardio and end with strength training. If anything my weight on the scale has gone UP though my body composition has changed (body fat % down and muscle % is up). The problem is I’m not SEEING the changes and I’m getting frustrated with it. I know my body is changing for the better but damnittttt I want to SEE IT already!! How long did it take you to really see the changes you work so hard for?? I’m not even close to giving up but I need some reassurance that this is normal or something. I dunno, I just need some fkng positivity cuz I’m feeling defeated after weighing in today. :#:/;):)

1 month isn't long enough.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    If you’re doing this as a lifestyle, in other words, not trying to get in shape and/or lose weight for a wedding or something then you need to look at this as a life long pursuit. A pursuit of taking care of the only body you’ve been given. I strongly recommend you take photos of yourself at all angles. Then take photos every month or at least every 90 days in the same outfit. It’s so motivating because if you are eating at a deficit and working out, you WILL see a difference. Trust me.