Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    "Fabtasticly"
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    My coworker says neighvor instead of neighbor. I cringe every time.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    "That's what she said".

Disagree, Michael Scott is a legend and he must live on

Nonsense. I don't need to hear that from every immature male within a seven mile radius any time I say something remotely implied as sexual. :neutral:
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    My coworker pronounces Portal as "port hole". I used to giggle, but now it makes me want to walk away.

• cee134
    Options
    "That's what she said".

Nonsense. I don't need to hear that from every immature male within a seven mile radius any time I say something remotely implied as sexual. :neutral:

I do it as a joke making fun of that joke, if I remember about it at all. I got some "yo mama" jokes if you want to go down memory lane.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    "That's what she said".

I do it as a joke making fun of that joke, if I remember about it at all. I got some "yo mama" jokes if you want to go down memory lane.

I will pass, thanks. My sense of humor doesn't include "that's what she said" or "yo mama" jokes.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    "That's what she said".

The successful "that's what she said"-ers know their audience ;)
  • cee134
    Options
    "That's what she said".

I will pass, thanks. My sense of humor doesn't include "that's what she said" or "yo mama" jokes.

So if I said, "That's what yo mama said" that wouldn't slightly amuse you?
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    "That's what she said".

No.

My sense of humor is either very dry or very dark. Or both. ;)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    "Chester drawers" (????) You mean, "chest of drawers"?

"I could care less." No, no, no!

ANYTHING with the word "Bae" in it.
  • lujako
    lujako Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Seriously
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    "Morris code."
    No ... :grimace:
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    "That's what she said".

No.

snli2wc1lc1d.jpg

You are terrible :lol:

ETA: for real though Heath, congrats
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    dnm1207 wrote: »
    "Chester drawers" (????) You mean, "chest of drawers"?

"I could care less." No, no, no!

ANYTHING with the word "Bae" in it.

OMG, how did I forget about "I could care less"?!

For those that don't understand why this is cringe-worthy (I'm SURE there must be some of you out there who are wondering "what's wrong with that?")

When people say this they almost always mean the exact opposite! This phrase is used to imply "I don't care at all"
    When I talk to other grammar nerds I like to say "I could care more... a LOT more"

@juliemouse83 - I love that post and I could care less about reading more of your cringe worthy sayings.

Thank you! The rest have pretty much all been covered, like "adult" as a verb, "for all intensive purposes" (*gah* that one really gets me) and "irregardless" have been mentioned a lot. Glad I'm not the only one.

Two more: "See, what had happened was..." and "My insurance co-lapsed."

This thread makes my inner grammar queen so very, very happy! :smiley:
  • juliemouse83
    edited February 2018
    Options
    "That's what she said".

No.

snli2wc1lc1d.jpg

OMG! This is so wrong, but at the same time? Funny as hell!

More disturbing is that fact that it's been ten years and doesn't even come close to feeling like it.