Brutal Honesty

Options

Replies

• goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    goatg wrote: »
    I nicknamed my ex husband whiskey dick. He didn’t even try to dispute.

Sounds like a compliment to me *loves whisky*

Google it.

LOL
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I nicknamed my ex husband whiskey dick. He didn’t even try to dispute.

Sounds like a compliment to me *loves whisky*

Google it.

LOL

I like my guzzling version better.

(Do I get Yamazaki or Hibiki if he's Japanese? Will I get banned for this line of commentary?)
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, people that pride themselves on brutal honesty prefer the brutal part over the honest part.
  • cc102296
    cc102296 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    all of my family hates me cause i call them out for only coming to my moms house to eat
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,334 Member
    Options
    I have 2 close friends & one of them kept canceling our getting together the day of. I cleared my calendar just for her & said 'no' to others who invited me somewhere. I would get ready, shower,dress etc & wouldn't hear from her till an hour before we were to meet. It would upset me so much after it was happening over & over. It was hard but I told her how I felt. At first she just brushed it off & told me to be more spontaneous, which was upsetting. I prayed a lot about this & after a short time things started happening to her in a similar way, like workers who made appointments for repair at their house wouldn't show up or call ahead etc, so she finally understood. Now a days we play it by ear on the day of. All this example to say that if you really care about your relationship with someone you'll tell them, if it's putting a rift between you. If I don't really care about a relationship with someone, I won't say anything
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that would constantly complain about how he was the nicest guy and how he would be such a gentleman but no one wanted to date him and that girls don't want nice guys they just want *kitten*. I put up with it for YEARS. One day I just told him that he wasn't a nice guy if he expects girls to date him just for doing something a decent human being should be doing anyways. Yeah we're not friends anymore.

i'm a nice guy who can't seem to date. i think i''m one of the good guy left in this world. i use my manners and hold open doors for people. i'm not mean when it comes to be honest. it depends if i'm asked if she looks fat in that dress of course i'm going to say no. i don't want to hurt there feelings. i'm honest to a point
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    My husband told me my stomach looked like a stretched out marshmallow and not something that could ever belong on a human and he told me many times how it disgusted him. I lost a ton of weight but his words stuck with me and even after hit a 21 BMI, he reminded me several times that I'm a 6/10 now but I would be a lot higher if I had a nice stomach. I felt like *kitten* about myself for a long time then I started working as a stripper and love having guys drool over me every night. I like honesty but its possible to take it too far!

You said husband...not ex-husband?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    After losing all the weight (180lbs) one of my uncles said... Yeah but where the hell are your shoulders?

That was about 2yrs ago...
    To this day, I don't work on anything as much as I do shoulders
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    After losing all the weight (180lbs) one of my uncles said... Yeah but where the hell are your shoulders?

That was about 2yrs ago...
    To this day, I don't work on anything as much as I do shoulders
    Too funny, it was for the best.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I tend to care about other's feelings, so I usually take the diplomatic route. I am very rarely brutal in my honesty... I know from experience that it can be dangerous and the effects can be long lasting in a negative way.
  • Merrysailor5
    Merrysailor5 Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Why does it have to be "brutal", can't you just be honest?
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I tend to care about other's feelings, so I usually take the diplomatic route. I am very rarely brutal in my honesty... I know from experience that it can be dangerous and the effects can be long lasting in a negative way.

I think those that relish in being "brutally" honest are insecure and are less about being honest and more about hurting others to mKe themselves feel better. Honesty is great, being blunt but tactful is possible.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »

I think those that relish in being "brutally" honest are insecure and are less about being honest and more about hurting others to mKe themselves feel better. Honesty is great, being blunt but tactful is possible.

Truth.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that would constantly complain about how he was the nicest guy and how he would be such a gentleman but no one wanted to date him and that girls don't want nice guys they just want *kitten*. I put up with it for YEARS. One day I just told him that he wasn't a nice guy if he expects girls to date him just for doing something a decent human being should be doing anyways. Yeah we're not friends anymore.

i'm a nice guy who can't seem to date. i think i''m one of the good guy left in this world. i use my manners and hold open doors for people. i'm not mean when it comes to be honest. it depends if i'm asked if she looks fat in that dress of course i'm going to say no. i don't want to hurt there feelings. i'm honest to a point

I can't speak for your situation, only his. Just be yourself and you'll find the right person one day.
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    In 6th grade, my classmate asked my crush if he knew who i was. he said, "yeah, the fat one?" :/ fast forward 18 years later, he's fat and I'm not lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    In 6th grade, my classmate asked my crush if he knew who i was. he said, "yeah, the fat one?" :/ fast forward 18 years later, he's fat and I'm not lol

That's the best...I have many similar scenarios to laugh at, too. Scrolling through facebook is a hoot & even better when I get the IMs about whether I'm truly happy in my marriage blah blah. Dude, you're not cute like you were in '93...lol

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I will turn this around and say plenty of things have been said to me where it was the 'brutal truth'.

I can be blunt but I am honest, I think there is a line where blunt is rude and can be hurtful A message is best received when a person is open minded, but there is no reason to be rude so being tactful goes a long way.