March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @karllundy I don't resent it. I just don't have the energy to do it. Like its more effort to walk out the front door than just lift weights in the living room.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    @Elise4270 - Ditto...heal up. ETA: Just realized that was three months ago...duh, me

No problem Karl. I'll take the "heal up", i had ITBS surgery 6 weeks ago. :grin: That race was my last Hoorah. I don't think I shared it here when it happened. So it's probably new to many.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @karllundy I don't resent it. I just don't have the energy to do it. Like its more effort to walk out the front door than just lift weights in the living room.

When that happens, I find it is best to just go anyways. Normally if I do, by the time 10 or 15 mins has past I am in the grove and running for the distance. If not, then I probably just make it a really short run.
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom that must hurt. I wish fast recovery!
  • Don_WM_
    Don_WM_ Posts: 262 Member
    Options

I have this problem often when it is a karate lesson day (and running too). So, I try to think like this:
    "90% of the job is getting to the lesson (or starting the run), once you've done that, the rest is easy and fun."
    And I almost always find it to be true. So when you feel that way, kick yourself over or past the 'getting started' part and you'll probably find you did have the energy and also enjoy yourself.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    What's the saying - when life gives you hills, run repeats?

Love this!