Options
    1HK2m8.png

vIH5m8.png
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    @Teerai - I love your tickers!

4.5 miles for me this morning with tabatas. I will rest tomorrow. Don't want to but don't want to bonk on the bike ride on Saturday. Might lift tonight depending upon what I get done - lots of stuff to do after work for an all day quiz bowl competition I host tomorrow at school. Leave for London in 3 weeks!

3/1 - rest day
    3/2 - 5 miles + Strength training - W6-C
    3/3 - 26 miles cycling
    3/4 - 3 miles + strength training -w6-D
    3/5 - 3.5 miles + strength training W7-A
    3/6 - 4.5 miles
    3/7 - strength training W7-B
    3/8 - 4.5 miles

exercise.png

What does a run with tabatas involve? London sounds exciting!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It's interesting reading the discussion on trail running. I've learned all of my trail passing etiquette in Poland... so I apologize in advance if I come run one of your races, forget where I am, and just push right past you. I guess its just a different way of showing respect. Invading your personal space here seems normal and accepted, but invading your head space by talking to you would just be weird and rude.

@polskagirl01 I've been in maybe a dozen trail races, all in the midwest of the US, and every single one has been a big social event, from 5K to 50K. I went to my last race by myself but never felt alone because it seemed like I was talking to people half the time, before during and after the race. I've never met a more friendly welcoming community than the trail running community. Even the most introverted person can easily find someone to talk to, though there are those who have no interest in being social, which is certainly fine.

• abutcher2122
    abutcher2122 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    A few days ago I mentioned Stravistix, and how I was starting to use that to gauge my training to make sure I wasn't overtraining Well now I"m struggling to stick to that. With the 20 mile trail race two weekends ago and a 16 mile training run last Sunday, I've been going back and forth across the "Overtraining" level. Logically it makes sense, since I've been running averaged just 22 mpw in the last two months, but dangit, I'm feeling great, getting my fitness and pace back and I just want MILES!

I guess this is where I should be careful, coming back off of injury and feeling good enough to overdo it. Last nights run me right on the overtraining line. A run tonight would put me over. Friday night I have plans to join a group for some late night trail running, hopefully for 4 hours, which would put me well into the overtraining zone. The smart choice would be to skip the run tonight but I'm not sure if I can do that.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    I am super behind...have a lot of catching up to do

3/3: 1.2
    3/6: 3.1
    3/7: 1.5
    Total = 5.8
    Goal= 30
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    It's interesting reading the discussion on trail running. I've learned all of my trail passing etiquette in Poland... so I apologize in advance if I come run one of your races, forget where I am, and just push right past you. I guess its just a different way of showing respect. Invading your personal space here seems normal and accepted, but invading your head space by talking to you would just be weird and rude.

@polskagirl01 I've been in maybe a dozen trail races, all in the midwest of the US, and every single one has been a big social event, from 5K to 50K. I went to my last race by myself but never felt alone because it seemed like I was talking to people half the time, before during and after the race. I've never met a more friendly welcoming community than the trail running community. Even the most introverted person can easily find someone to talk to, though there are those who have no interest in being social, which is certainly fine.

This is so true. My first HM last year (what am I saying, my ONLY HM) was organised by a group known for being more of a social event than a race (although people certainly put the miles in – most of their races are over-distance and it’s a badge of honour.
    The cut-offs are long, and there’s an aid station with booze towards the end (I can’t actually imagine doing any other type of race now). I am supposed to be running a 10 miler with them this weekend, which despite my complete lack of training I was even tempted to do just because of the camaraderie. I’ve not trained because I have muscle atrophy and a high heart rate, and have now been about a month out of training, but even then I thought I could pretty much walk it. That’s how much of a difference the environment and social aspect of trail running makes it.

However, the race starts at 8am, it’s a two hour drive, and it’s going to rain……
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    However, the race starts at 8am, it’s a two hour drive, and it’s going to rain……
    @girlinahat In other words Perfect Conditions for a Trail Race - Mudder :)

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Can anyone give some advice and guidance on the etiquette for passing and being passed on a single track trail during a race?

Usually the trails are not closed to other uses during a race. When passing hikers, going the same direction, be sure to give them an earlier warning than you would for a runner. Though the standard thing to say is "on your left", usually a hiker hears "left" and moves to their left, the realizes their mistake and moves to the right..it can get ugly. To avoid the confusion, I just politely say, "Excuse me, can I sneak through?". Let them decide which way to move. If they have headphones or earbuds and can't hear you, say it anyway. If there is no response, repeat louder, then just try to pass them safely and quickly when there's a spot you can do so

When passing hikers going the other way, unless they move off to the side early, I plan on stepping aside for them, since I feel we're intruding on their space more than they're intruding on ours. They usually move out of my way though. <ETA: It's rare I have to step off for approaching hikers. They usually move first>

Key points
    Always pass safely
    Always be polite
    Never assume you have right of way
    If there's any question, communicate your intent and give the other person time to respond.
    Some people will be *kitten*. Don't let them *kitten* on your parade.

So much truth ^^^. It's not just Hikers that only hear " left" I have had lots of walkers, dog walkers and stroller rollers. Now I usually just call out " Runner " I have had people with earbuds that had their music so loud they couldn't hear me, I have had to tap them on a shoulder and that makes them jump - and sometimes use xxxxx Kitten language.

Something else - if I'm going downhill, I yield to uphill traffic if we both can't fit.

I remember once I came up to a short and very steep downhill section with a bit of wash-out immediately downhill from a tree. There was truly not a good way for 2 people to go through this section. So I stopped off to the side of the trail (behind the tree) and waited for a hiker approaching the hill. The hiker didn't notice me for about a min. or 2 as she climbed up, and then when she got far enough to notice me "hiding" behind the tree, let out a huge gasp. It was somewhat comical because the tree was not even thick enough to hide me anyway.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    3/1-2.5 miles
    3/2-3.5 miles + P90X3 CVX
    3/3-6.25 miles
    3/4-3 miles + P90X3 agility X
    3/5-Rest Day
    3/6-5 miles + P90X shoulders and arms & ab ripper X
    3/7-2 miles + Legs and back

22.25/65 miles

Upcoming races: