March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    No run yesterday - sat at the tire store with TWO tires that needed help. Thankfully I have road hazard on them, but sheesh.

Probably no run today, wife set me up with a dentist appointment. Definitely rather dreadmill...
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    You're bad! lol

garygse wrote: »
    Speaking of gas pumps...for the OCD types out there, what would you do in this situation?

SuZQUWF.jpg

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    Speaking of gas pumps...for the OCD types out there, what would you do in this situation?

SuZQUWF.jpg

Walk away without looking back! I have a harder time not finishing out to a round number on my Garmin. Gas pumps? Not so much.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    My dad used to own a cash only gas station. Almost everyone pumped to an even dollar amount. When I worked there in my teens most people could fill up a tank on $10. The big vans and trucks $20. Now a days it’s crazy. I won’t even go to the gas station anymore since I hate carrying so much cash around. Yes, it’s still cash only!

I use a credit card for just about everything so it doesn’t bother me where it stops when the tank is full :smile: I do think it’s going to be a great day if it automatically stops on an even amount!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I think I have to cap my max distance goal at a marathon distance. I simply don’t have the time to put into runs longer than that.

I am with you on that one. I am running a 50k trail race for the experience, but I am only training for the Marathon. The 50k might be my one and only ultra. Just kind of want to experience the thing. But even finding time to train for Marathon distances is extremely tough. Like this week... I probably will not get to run again until... umm Saturday unless I can slip some time in tomorrow night which is slightly possible.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Saturday was a bust. I ended up sleeping in, then spent the day working on our bathroom renovation. I may have already posted that bit.

Sunday I planned a 20+ run and failed miserably. I got up 45 minutes late, then ran out of time as I need to get home to take my son to trapshooting practice. I ended up with just 13 miles. The only bright spot, is that though it felt like a real slog, I actually had a faster pace than my two previous runs. And I'm getting tons of vertical now that my local trails are open to foot traffic again.

Monday was a rest day. I was supposed to do my glute workout but after putting the final coat of paint on the bathroom wall, I poured a glass of bourbon and forgot about the glutes.

Tonight I'm going paved. I feel like I need a quicker paced run, without walking breaks for the steep hills on the trail.

Sounds like you're getting in what you need for Zumbro, Bib numbers are out. See you in a couple weeks!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn and @hjeppley holy cow what great races! Erik, that time is fantastic for those conditions!

@hjeppley toughing it out the way you did, for so long and in such rotten conditions...wow! You have my respect!! I hope your feet heal up quickly, and that your next race isn't so miserable. What a test of will!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Mar 26: 5k

exercise.png

My calf is still bothering me, definitely caused by my knee alignment issues. Good news is it doesn't seem to slow me down, bad news is I don't think I can lift on it until it's behaving better. Also good news: my "easy" pace for a 5k has increased to 10 minute miles. I remember not too long ago I couldn't even finish a ten minute mile. I really really do not want to be injured and lose all this work!

Yesterday was an OCD lap for us, came home with 1.99 walk after our run, so we had to walk to the mailbox and back.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're getting in what you need for Zumbro, Bib numbers are out. See you in a couple weeks!

At this point there's little I can do to better prepare for it. Because of my limited miles this spring, I'm just going to do a 2 week taper, rather than the 3 week I'd normally do. I'm going to get another 20 mile run in this Sunday. We're celebrating Easter on Saturday so that will free up some time to run Sunday.

I'm guessing we're going to have a pretty muddy course this year.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I'm guessing we're going to have a pretty muddy course this year.
    Hhhhmmm.... That sounds familiar to me....