Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3:)<3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka You are constantly on my mind, as well. We are all waiting with you for your husband to heal. I am sorry the bills are a source of anxiety for you. I think I will do as you suggest so if my partner needs to take over unexpectedly, it won't be too hard. A lot of our bills are on autopay.

Karen in Virginia
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Machka Don’t forget to take care of yourself right now. Thank You for the update and good suggestion. We are all sending our thoughts and prayers your way.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My husband is still in an induced coma and not sure when he will wake. His body needs to absorb the blood on his brain.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to scramble to pick up the pieces of our lives. I handled all the bills when I lived in Canada but he handled the bills here in Australia because he was familiar with the system. Now I'm trying to figure out what is due when and how to pay them.

For future reference, it would be a good idea to have a list of the bills that need to be paid and the approximate dates they are due. For example …

Rent – every other Friday
    Power – once every 3 months
    Phone/Internet – monthly on the 9th date

And maybe also who the provider is, contact details etc. all in one spreadsheet.

I'm really hoping he will be able to tell me all that so I can create the spreadsheet. But only time will tell.

Machka in Oz
    Still hoping all is going well for your husband & you.

Thank you for the reminders of having our ducks in a row for when/if it’s needed.I have been very lax about it,but trying to do better.

So many things we all need to know.Where the will is,where any money is,banking,where we will live,medical info,insur info,burial info,Retirement benefits.
    Very hard to think of “what if”...... but when one ends up in a hospital or care facility,so much info is needed.When SILwas in hospital,they needed a medical list for him.All meds,Dr names etc & wanted it right then.DD had to get that together very quickly.

Take care of yourself.That isn’t easy,but very important.

Pat in Ohio
  • jssue2
    jssue2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. My name is Sue. I wanted to jump in and start reading this discussion, as I'm 58 and your group seems encouraging.

Some thoughts please: when you keep buying junk food in between yours bouts of staying focused and on your plan....what do you do, with said junk food?
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    :heart: