Uteruses only, no Duderuteruses.

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    I am a nail biter. I paint occasionally, but that's about it. I used to get regular mani/pedis but with the kiddos and work don't have much time.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Waxing - you do it yourself or go to a professional? I've never waxed anything, just shaved.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited March 2018
    What about shoes? I LOVE heels, but got lazy and have been wearing sneakers/flats so heels hurt my feet after a quick second. I do wear heeled boots though and real heels at work sometimes.

I suck at heels. If they're wedges or stacked I do better. Anything really pointy or high I'm a gif FAIL waiting to happen. I honestly just don't go too many places super fancy enough for heels. I like fancier or strappy sandles though.

I can do stacked/chunky heeled boots, but not spiked though.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    busyPK wrote: »
    Waxing - you do it yourself or go to a professional? I've never waxed anything, just shaved.

I have done both. The former involved lots of Advil, pep talks, and scream-cussing. I recommend the latter if you’re going to wax
  • marissafit06
    busyPK wrote: »

Professional and only Brazilian. I tried to do it myself once and it was painful AF.
  • marissafit06
    81Katz wrote: »
    What about shoes? I LOVE heels, but got lazy and have been wearing sneakers/flats so heels hurt my feet after a quick second. I do wear heeled boots though and real heels at work sometimes.

I suck at heels. If they're wedges or stacked I do better. Anything really pointy or high I'm a gif FAIL waiting to happen. I honestly just don't go too many places super fancy enough for heels. I like fancier or strappy sandles though.

Wedges and stacked heels are very in right now and super cute.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    I love heels, but am also lazy so don't wear them often. Sometimes I'll put them on at home and cook dinner, but they don't get seen outside the house much. :D I should change that.

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough for waxing. I give you ladies props!
  • Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    amfmmama wrote: »
    I did not think I was particularly girly, but I guess I am ! I wear make up daily, get my nails done, hair colored and in the summer I prefer skirts and dresses over shorts. I am still razor all the way, because waxing terrifies me!

I know I'm a girly girl but def not high maintenance. I prefer dresses and skirts over pants year round, keep my toes done but nails are a special occasion. Right now I have dip on my natural nails which I keep short since my fingers are long. I go back and forth between polish and shellac on my toes so they don't get weak. I did a little research on the bra vs no bra situation and found this on women's health. I'm a D cup and personally like the light support of a bralette for sleeping but to each her own! Just stay healthy

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/sleeping-in-bra?utm_source=(direct)&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sharebutton
  • Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    I trim and file my nails every two weeks or so. That's as good as it gets. Any polish I put on chips within a day and then I don't end up taking it off for like a month and it looks terrible the entire time and I got in trouble in X-Ray school because of it. I still work in x-ray and people look at my hands constantly so...no chipy polish.

My nails beds are oily so the same thing happened to me. My dip is chipped on 2 nails and its wearing me out right now...can't wait to soak it off.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited March 2018
    :lol:

Or your hand gets stuck in a knot or tangle, or your ring. Sexxxxxxyyyy!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Fisah17 wrote: »
    I trim and file my nails every two weeks or so. That's as good as it gets. Any polish I put on chips within a day and then I don't end up taking it off for like a month and it looks terrible the entire time and I got in trouble in X-Ray school because of it. I still work in x-ray and people look at my hands constantly so...no chipy polish.

My nails beds are oily so the same thing happened to me. My dip is chipped on 2 nails and its wearing me out right now...can't wait to soak it off.

This is why I'm into nail wraps right now. They don't chip. I've had the same set on for 3 weeks. My friend has them and kept inviting me to her Facebook parties that I kept ignoring... Well I finally took the bait and tried them out... Aaaand now I have a nail wrap problem, lol.

Shoes?! I like ALL the shoes! Mostly sandals and boots. It's a good thing I don't work in retail anymore with associate discounts on shoes! I like heels but its hard to find a pair I can wear longer than 15 minutes. Chunky heels are making a come back though, and that makes me super excited.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    No one has mentioned nails yet... Painted? Acrylic? Nail wraps?? This is where I turn into the girliest tom boy I know. I can go on a hike, go hunting, go fishing, or camping with or without makeup. I don't mind getting my hands dirty from any of those activities but I almost always have my nails done. I recently discovered the wonder that is Jamberry nail wraps... Having pretty nails that I don't need to touch up frequently is even better.

I trim, file, and paint my nails every week. It's how I relax now, I just use regular polish but I've gotten quite good at adding cute little details to them. I'm pretty girly by appearances, I wear dresses/skirts with heels almost every day, so it's important to me that my hands look well manicured considering I keep my nails trimmed very short. I am just also a little lazy which is why I keep hair and makeup minimal, I like to keep my morning routine to 15 minutes max since I am generally getting ready in the locker room before work.

Waxing - depends on location. I can do my legs by myself, but anything higher is done by professionals.
  • Crafty_camper123
    saragd012 wrote: »
    No one has mentioned nails yet... Painted? Acrylic? Nail wraps?? This is where I turn into the girliest tom boy I know. I can go on a hike, go hunting, go fishing, or camping with or without makeup. I don't mind getting my hands dirty from any of those activities but I almost always have my nails done. I recently discovered the wonder that is Jamberry nail wraps... Having pretty nails that I don't need to touch up frequently is even better.

I trim, file, and paint my nails every week. It's how I relax now, I just use regular polish but I've gotten quite good at adding cute little details to them. I'm pretty girly by appearances, I wear dresses/skirts with heels almost every day, so it's important to me that my hands look well manicured considering I keep my nails trimmed very short. I am just also a little lazy which is why I keep hair and makeup minimal, I like to keep my morning routine to 15 minutes max since I am generally getting ready in the locker room before work.

Waxing - depends on location. I can do my legs by myself, but anything higher is done by professionals.

This! I'm a roll out of bed and get out the door kind of gal. I just don't have the patience to spend a lot of time on my hair and make up on a regular basis. Plus what I want my hair to do when I'm bleary eyed and not yet caffinated and what my hair really does are two different things. But I love wearing cute dresses and sandals when it's warm. Doing my nails complete with nail art and all is excellent "me time" . I used to sell jewelry so i got into the habit of trying to keep my nails manicured. Plus its just fun.
  • caco_ethes wrote: »
    The worst thing about being a female with long hair is when you sit at a stoplight and run your hands through your hair all sexy like but then you pull out a couple long strands which you try to drop out the window but there’s no breeze so they stick to your hand and the neighboring car is left wondering if you’re trying to get their attention or flick a booger.

lol... or windy day, long flowing hair... lip gloss!
  • amykay9377
    amykay9377 Posts: 98 Member
    I'm not much of a girly girl. I've only recently started wearing dresses and skirts or skorts to work. I'm very blessed, so I never go without a bra until bed time. I gotta wear the big bras. 36H, so much wire I could garrote someone.
    Only razors for legs and pits. I've never been waxed or waxed myself in my life (though, I used to use the hell out of Nair!). Also, my man likes a natural lady, so look at all the money I'm saving there!
    Hair accessories depend on what I'm doing... I have it down a lot more than I used to, but I'll use hair ties/elastics if I want a tight pull on a ponytail or braids. Scrunchies if I just want to throw it up in a dork knob. Large Scuncii clips if I want a cleaner chignon type look, or when it's wet.
    I've never had a mani or a pedi, but I paint my own regularly. Generally I'll coordinate my nails to what event I'm going to (my recent half-marathon's logo was teal and purple, so my nails are teal and purple).
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    The worst thing about being a female with long hair is when you sit at a stoplight and run your hands through your hair all sexy like but then you pull out a couple long strands which you try to drop out the window but there’s no breeze so they stick to your hand and the neighboring car is left wondering if you’re trying to get their attention or flick a booger.

You're my spirit animal.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

lol... or windy day, long flowing hair... lip gloss!

I don’t actually use lip gloss but it’s game over when it gets in my taco
  • Crafty_camper123
    It's always a windy day where I'm from. Today's high wind warning: From 8-5pm:southwest winds of 30-40mph with gusts up to 60mph. Gusts of 75mph+ is a regular occurrence. Even more reason to stick my hair up in pony and call it good.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,978 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    Blam!
    No dudes allowed.

Come on ladies. Razors vs waxing, hair ties vs scrunchies ...
    Andddddddd GO!

Love the name!!! How's about nair vs. razors or waxing????