What real life thing made you smile today?

Options

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    The beautiful sunrise this morning!! I lost my little sister 2 years ago and we always loved watching the sunrises together. She always said that “sunsets were too depressing for her to truly enjoy”. Even still - every morning, she’s the first person I think about 💕

My heart goes out to you. I've lost loved ones but never a sibling, I can't imagine. But I am glad that you have such a beautiful memory of her and one that you can see almost everyday. <3
  • PaigeyPoo28
    PaigeyPoo28 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    The beautiful sunrise this morning!! I lost my little sister 2 years ago and we always loved watching the sunrises together. She always said that “sunsets were too depressing for her to truly enjoy”. Even still - every morning, she’s the first person I think about 💕

My heart goes out to you. I've lost loved ones but never a sibling, I can't imagine. But I am glad that you have such a beautiful memory of her and one that you can see almost everyday. <3

Thank you ☺️ Yeah that was a whole different sorta pain. She was 17. Didn’t even get to graduate high school. But her and I were as close as close can be so I’m able to live what’s left of this life knowing I have zero regrets 💕
  • DWBalboa
    Options

Thank you ☺️ Yeah that was a whole different sorta pain. She was 17. Didn’t even get to graduate high school. But her and I were as close as close can be so I’m able to live what’s left of this life knowing I have zero regrets 💕

I've always believed that as long as we remember our loved ones and keep them in our hearts they are never truly gone. Like you with the sunrises, when I'm gardening or cooking I think of my grandparents and I feel as if they are there with me.
  • PaigeyPoo28
    Options

I've always believed that as long as we remember our loved ones and keep them in our hearts they are never truly gone. Like you with the sunrises, when I'm gardening or cooking I think of my grandparents and I feel as if they are there with me.

Yes! SAME! I just lost my father and my son this year so I agree in making sure we keep the legacies and the best memories of those we loved oh so much- very much alive by simply REMEMBERING 💙 It’s got to be a start to “healing”... right?? ☺️
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    No specifics, but made a better choice early this morning and feel better about myself for it.

Purple undies?

Pink...with lace.
  • DWBalboa
    Options

Yes! SAME! I just lost my father and my son this year so I agree in making sure we keep the legacies and the best memories of those we loved oh so much- very much alive by simply REMEMBERING 💙 It’s got to be a start to “healing”... right?? ☺️

Yes, that is a start to the healing process for sure.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    My mom because she loves me and cares and worries and does all that great mom stuff. 😎😏😍💕❤️
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Teaching
    I love helping people learn and improve
  • PaigeyPoo28
    edited August 2018
    Options
    My son. I have a Photo frame on my wall in my room with those that I've (We've) lost; My sons father, My little sister, My father, and my youngest son.

My boy walked in my room this morning to tell me he was "awake" lol... OBVIOUSLY lol.. He stopped and looked up at the frame hanging on the wall and said to me "Mommy, were gonna be okay."

To which I replied "Yeah... I think you're right bud." Hes 4. I'm 28. He seems to already surpass me in MANY things in life lol <3
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    My son. I have a Photo frame on my wall in my room with those that I've (We've) lost; My sons father, My little sister, My father, and my youngest son.

My boy walked in my room this morning to tell me he was "awake" lol... OBVIOUSLY lol.. He stopped and looked up at the frame hanging on the wall and said to me "Mommy, were gonna be okay."

To which I replied "Yeah... I think you're right bud." Hes 4. I'm 28. He seems to already surpass me in MANY things in life lol <3

He sounds like an amazing young man. With a wonderful mother like you he will grow to be an wonderful man and accomplish much.
    <3
  • PaigeyPoo28
    Options

He sounds like an amazing young man. With a wonderful mother like you he will grow to be an wonderful man and accomplish much.
    <3

I sure hope so <3 He amazes me with his ability to think he needs to be strong FOR ME.. Kids are pretty resilient to begin with but, when i look at him I think "if I've done ONE THING right in this life... Its him."
  • DWBalboa
    Options

<3

I sure hope so <3 He amazes me with his ability to think he needs to be strong FOR ME.. Kids are pretty resilient to begin with but, when i look at him I think "if I've done ONE THING right in this life... Its him."

Yes they are. Mine are my biggest and best accomplishments as far as I am concerned as well.

• PaigeyPoo28
    Options

<3

Yes they are. Mine are my biggest and best accomplishments as far as I am concerned as well.

CHEERS! Here's to accepting our flaws and yet still making an effort to be better for THEM <3
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    OMG. I am at this PA conference and started talking to someone. Turns out he is the director of a local PA program here. I mentioned how I want to get into teaching after talking a bit about my practice, and he offered me a position to guest lecture their ER class.