What real life thing made you smile today?

Options

Replies

• The_Devil_in_Miss_Jones
    Options
    Buying jeans 2 sizes smaller than usual. Must be a manufacture defect :D
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I dont smile much anymore

:( Watch the cat video we that got posted on this thread. It will make you smile just a lil.

Sorry you're sad :(

I dont know about that lol

:D Try it!!
    K
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Donuts!
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    After going to a demo of a technology and telling our leadership I thought it was a waste and would never be used enough to justify the cost, telling several commitees members that the technology was a waste and would never be used enough to justify the cost, mentioning it to several IT directors that the technology was a waste and would never be used enough to justify the cost, and even up through last week reiterating again to several people when asked if I support the technology that ended up being bought against my recommendations that I had continued to tell everyone pushing it that the technology was a waste and would never be used enough to justify the cost, I was in a campus technology committee meeting were, it was reported by the department, that not a single person had used the system.

Yeah, everyone looked over to me and I was smiling.
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Chael2dot0 wrote: »
    After going to a demo of a technology and telling our leadership I thought it was a waste and would never be used enough to justify the cost, telling several commitees members that the technology was a waste and would never be used enough to justify the cost, mentioning it to several IT directors that the technology was a waste and would never be used enough to justify the cost, and even up through last week reiterating again to several people when asked if I support the technology that ended up being bought against my recommendations that I had continued to tell everyone pushing it that the technology was a waste and would never be used enough to justify the cost, I was in a campus technology committee meeting were, it was reported by the department, that not a single person had used the system.

Sadly the answer is probably going to be to find the next shiny thing to buy.
  • Chael2dot0
    Options

Two days ago someone told me the main committee had a demo of a product that falls EXACTLY in the same category. Something I researched and did demos on over several years and always found it was too much product with too high a price tag for how much it would be used. And they want to roll it out to several colleges instead of just ours. You can imagine my opinion there again...but I probably won't be asked this time.

We will see.
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    Options

Two days ago someone told me the main committee had a demo of a product that falls EXACTLY in the same category. Something I researched and did demos on over several years and always found it was too much product with too high a price tag for how much it would be used. And they want to roll it out to several colleges instead of just ours. You can imagine my opinion there again...but I probably won't be asked this time.

We will see.

We are going that way. "buy over build" is how it was put. We've had about four subpar implementations that require a crap ton of customization anyway.

I'm updating my resume.
  • Chael2dot0
    Options
    We are going that way. "buy over build" is how it was put. We've had about four subpar implementations that require a crap ton of customization anyway.

I'm updating my resume.

The irony of IT telling educators what they need isn't lost on me, but seems to be on everyone else. I sat in a meeting and asked what our instructional needs and goals were and was told, faculty want classroom capture. I asked them to clarify the need, they reiterate classroom capture. Having worked with 100's of faculty over the last decade + I can confidently tell them no one is really wanted classroom capture, but the reality is they want an easy screencapture/recording tool to create small, concise instructional modules, and there is a crap ton of research that would support that over just recording someone doing a lecture (which has been shown to have little instructional value). But yeah...classroom capture is, apparently, the thing.

I am just trying to make it the next 3 years, 10 months and 16 days ...

• Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    @Tenebrous_D 's face ♥
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Dakase83 wrote: »
    @Tenebrous_D 's face ♥

Yours makes me smile every day

Dis is SO cute.
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    classic-WWF-WWE-Ric-flair-woo-13815349244.gif
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Ari Shaffir's stand up.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I am at my hair salon today and when my hair guy washes my hair, his fingers feel like heaven on my scalp.
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    Options
    Hasn't happened yet... but the smile on my boys face will light up mine when I pick him up shortly... it's his birthday! :)

Just happened for me...it’s the best!

• Chael2dot0
    Options
    Karate with my niece.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    The latest Megan Mullally / Nick Offerman sling TV commercial.