What real life thing made you smile today?

Options

Replies

• elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    The thing that made me smile, at least sort of, was when my two hounds came in a muddy mess and I had to give them a shower. I hope they are not digging in my next door neighbors yard.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    How nice the trees looked and the pleasant fall weather
  • The_Devil_in_Miss_Jones
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    My daughter and her kind heart. She woke up with the idea of going gift shopping this morning because she wanted to buy gifts for kids who don't get to have any for Christmas. She picked these out and will be wrapping them to donate. j9negmb8laqq.jpg

What an amazing young lady you have there. She takes after her mom. ♡

Thank you, she sure makes me proud. So does her brother <3
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Hot coffee.
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Warm cup on cold legs

k2wt54xu7cvr.jpeg
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    When I stopped throwing up...that was pretty cool.

Sorry you were felling icky.. Gald its getting better!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    When I stopped throwing up...that was pretty cool.

Hope you feel better.

l1w8q9zdg9wq.gif
  • mybassfishingirl
    mybassfishingirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I stopped this morning on my way home from work to feed a neglected dog a McDonald's chicken buiscut...
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Waking up to find that my husband moved our daughters elf on the shelf for me, and left the coffee machine packed on the stove for me ready to go.

It’s the little thoughtful gestures that matter the most at times.

Sounds like you have a winner!
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I stopped home on my lunch hour to feed my goats. It is impossible not to smile when you are around some goofy *kitten* goats.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I was beaming ear to ear.. I've been working with my son every single day on his reading and he is finally starting to pick it up. The look of pride on his face with each new word he figures out has me feeling like on proud momma... its amazing to see his little mind work :)

I know that feeling... When they freak out and are like... I'm reading! Lol

Although I can't take credit for it... From K to 1st, it was like... Omg, when in the hell did you learn to read lol

Now his math scores... I'll take credit for 😏
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Yesterday, I was beaming ear to ear.. I've been working with my son every single day on his reading and he is finally starting to pick it up. The look of pride on his face with each new word he figures out has me feeling like on proud momma... its amazing to see his little mind work :)

Although I can't take credit for it... From K to 1st, it was like... Omg, when in the hell did you learn to read lol

He has been struggling with it a bit, as are many other kids his age. They have removed phonics from the curriculum and the impact has been felt. I brought phonics to the table and he has been flourishing ever since 😊
  • epr31295
    epr31295 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    I was yelled at by a crossing guard this morning saying I was speeding. So I pulled over opened my trunk pulled out the code reader for my car and asked her if she would like to see the speed i have traveled in the last 15 minutes? She said no that's ok and I'm sorry sir.

BTW I was doing 20 in a 25 I never speed by schools. Also the Code reader does not tell you anything about your speed.

So I smiled that I got an apology.
  • epr31295
    epr31295 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    I was walking my son to school and one of the mothers who volunteers in his class stopped me to tell me how good of a job I am doing with him. She said he is a kind, well mannered, compassionate and a hardworking boy. I know he’s wonderful at home but it makes me happy to hear it and know he’s taking what is taught to him and using it outside our home. I also think we don’t spend enough time lifting others up and so this really made me smile.

This shows you are doing an awesome job being a parent and kudo's to this person for taking the extra minute or so to let you tell you. We need a lot more people like yourself and this other parent in the world!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

He has been struggling with it a bit, as are many other kids his age. They have removed phonics from the curriculum and the impact has been felt. I brought phonics to the table and he has been flourishing ever since 😊

Feathers in your hat Mama, great job 🤜💥🤛

Right now my kids having problems with.... Spelling 🤷🏽‍♂️🤣