Halo Top now in Canada

Options

Replies

• Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    So, last night I decided that instead of eating it out of the container that I would eat a one cup serving out of a small dessert bowl. I've so far only eaten the HT and CoolWay out of the tiny cartons. Seeing it in the bowl made a big difference in perception. It seemed like a larger serving than just mindlessly eating it out of the container.

I'm coming to the conclusion that this idea of being able to eat a whole pint of ice cream at a time is feeding in to my gluttonous habits with certain treat foods and that's not serving me well.

I've got to work on moderation whether it's a low calorie treat or a higher calorie one.
  • dsadburrito
    dsadburrito Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen the dairy free flavours?
  • Birder165
    Options
    Has anyone seen the dairy free flavours?

I haven't seen the dairy free in any of the stores here in Windsor, ON.

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Saw 4 flavors at Save-On Foods today (Heritage - Calgary) Candy bar, Birthday, Peanut Swirl and Mint Chip (if I'm remembering correctly) $6.99 on sale -reg. $7.99
    Also saw a Breyer's Delight -just a few (Cookies n Cream, chocolate and vanilla...again - if I'm remembering correcty...)
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Everywhere I’ve gone has been sold out. None at Superstore since the first day I saw them. Crowfoot Co-op has spaces now for all 10 flavours, but they were all gone except a couple of pancakes & waffles pints. I’m still hoping for a sale, but I’m afraid that when they do go on sale there won’t be any to buy. :disappointed:
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Everywhere I’ve gone has been sold out. None at Superstore since the first day I saw them. Crowfoot Co-op has spaces now for all 10 flavours, but they were all gone except a couple of pancakes & waffles pints. I’m still hoping for a sale, but I’m afraid that when they do go on sale there won’t be any to buy. :disappointed:

Yes...that's usually what I'm seeing too - I need to buy shares in the company :D

• projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    BC Canadian checking in. I don't have the ability to read 6 pages, it's only available in the east still right?
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »

Yes...that's usually what I'm seeing too - I need to buy shares in the company :D

Yes! And even if Save-On has some in stock, I’m not driving to one just for ice cream. I couldn’t even tell you where one is near me.

Might have to try the Breyers, I just don’t like how boring their flavours are. Chocolate and vanilla aren’t that exciting and cookies & cream isn’t a flavour I usually go for. I’d try CoolWhey but I’ve never seen it in stores, I don’t even know where to look.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    BC Canadian checking in. I don't have the ability to read 6 pages, it's only available in the east still right?

Nope, it seems to be available, technically speaking, across the country now. But a majority of stores seem to be sold out. According to the HT website, only Superstore is listed as carrying them but they've been spotted in Save On Foods and Co Op too.

Good luck finding some! :)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Saw 4 flavors at Save-On Foods today (Heritage - Calgary) Candy bar, Birthday, Peanut Swirl and Mint Chip (if I'm remembering correctly) $6.99 on sale -reg. $7.99
    Also saw a Breyer's Delight -just a few (Cookies n Cream, chocolate and vanilla...again - if I'm remembering correcty...)

I saw three or four flavours of the Breyers Delights in my local Safeway, but they were almost $9 for a teeny tiny tub so I didn't even look twice. I don't care how low calorie it is, I'm not paying that much!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    It's weird - I keep reading about it being sold out everywhere and experienced that at two stores I went to, but there is one Metro near me that has had overflowing shelves with many, many flavors every time I've gone there - can't figure out if it is because no one goes there for it or if they were just prepared and ordered a ton of the stuff. Either way, good for me when I want to shell out the $$ for it!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Can't find Coolway yet, but found this while googling for it.

https://www.thestar.com/life/food_wine/review/2018/03/14/we-put-low-calorie-ice-cream-halo-and-coolway-to-the-taste-test.html

TL:DR Coolway beat out Halo Top.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Just picked up HT at the Metro in Sault Ste Marie. Tried the cookies and cream last night, and enjoyed it.

I haven't seen it at my local Valu-Mart though.
  • Birder165
    Options
    Thumbs up for CoolWay for me, too. Taste, texture and price. I like that it's a Canadian company, as well. I'm still waiting for the Blueberry Waffle Crisp to hit the shelves. Walmart's regular price seems to be $4.97. Here in Windsor, ON, anyway. I won't be buying anymore HT.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Birder165 wrote: »
    Thumbs up for CoolWay for me, too. Taste, texture and price. I like that it's a Canadian company, as well. I'm still waiting for the Blueberry Waffle Crisp to hit the shelves. Walmart's regular price seems to be $4.97. Here in Windsor, ON, anyway. I won't be buying anymore HT.

I like the price of CoolWay, I haven't tried it but I might give it a go later. I have some HT in my freezer currently and it's good because it doesn't give me the warm, fuzzy - eat it all feeling that other ice creams do (my favourite is Scotsburn's Udderly Devine - so tasty!)
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My Maxi grocery store (Loblaws affiliate) finally introduced 4 flavors of Halo Top, the pancake & waffles, sea salt caramel, peanut butter swirl and Oatmeal cookie. I bought the Pancake & Waffles (still haven't tried it yet), out of the 4 I mentionned, which ones do you prefer?
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    They have it in select Superstore locations in Nova Scotia, however they have been selling out so fast I haven't been able to get my hands on any.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »
    My Maxi grocery store (Loblaws affiliate) finally introduced 4 flavors of Halo Top, the pancake & waffles, sea salt caramel, peanut butter swirl and Oatmeal cookie. I bought the Pancake & Waffles (still haven't tried it yet), out of the 4 I mentionned, which ones do you prefer?

Peanut butter has been my fav so far. Killed the birthday cake last night, and won't buy it again. But I preferred the Breyers delight chocolate.
  • Birder165
    edited March 2018
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »

Sea Salt Caramel is #1 for me. Then Oatmeal Cookie but I'd prefer it without the bit's of oatmeal. Peanut Butter swirl is third but it's not a flavour I'd go for in regular ice cream.

Pancakes & Waffles has been my least favourite of the 4. I found it to have a strong aftertaste that I didn't care for.
  • _Mrs_Ryan_
    _Mrs_Ryan_ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We finally got the 4 flavours in our superstore (Brandon, Manitoba). I bought 1 of each yesterday-the first day they had them-and a friend went to get some later in the day and they were all sold out. I haven't tried it yet but glad I got my hands on some!