One Food You Avoided Since Childhood

Options

Replies

• hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Corn... Corn bread, ears of corn, canned corn, popped corn...

Corn in a anything makes me sad and ruins my day
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes. I have hated them all my life. Sister Mary Gertrude made me eat them in third grade even though I told her they make me vomit. So I ate two bites and puked on her sensible black shoes. She said I did it on purpose and sent me to the principal! Lol
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    One of those atomic sour jawbreaker things. Ate one, threw up. Never again. HATE sour stuff.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes. And carrots.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    Cottage cheese is definitely another one for me. My mom used to love it with pineapple.
    *gag* :D

My mom used to eat that all the time with pineapples when she was "dieting" yuck!

I didn't eat cottage cheese for about 15 years after going on a 3rd grade field trip to a manufacturing facility (cottage cheese on that scale smells repulsive!)

I do eat it now but for some reason I find it gross when others mix fruit into it. A slice of pineapple on top is okay, although if I'm served that I just eat the pineapple immediately to get it off the cottage cheese. I knew a woman who ate cottage cheese mixed with berries or peaches and she would mix to the point it was like peachy pink foam. Gross.

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    canned peas- didn't like it then, don't like it now. Fresh peas on the other hand, are GREAT
  • ib_jme
    ib_jme Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms....YUCK!!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    canned peas- didn't like it then, don't like it now. Fresh peas on the other hand, are GREAT

I find most canned veggies to be gross. Fresh or frozen is fine with me though.
  • jenandjoon
    jenandjoon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hahaha that’s hilarious! Actually dipping dots are the frozen little balls in a cup. Like ice cream. I think those are candy dots.
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    jenandjoon wrote: »
    I puked after eating dipping dots. So no bueno.

I remember dipping dots. Dots of sugar on paper, right? When my cousin, Debbie Sue, was little she was caught eating bird poop off the fence. She thought they were dipping dots. She is 64 now, but, to this day, we still call her Birdie Sue.

Me and Birdie Sue. Around 1957.
    5m1yom60zwka.png

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts.. I can eat the baby ones now but like them cooked with bacon
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    peas and canned beans grossed me out when i was younger but i love them now ;)
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Cooked spinach, :s
    I have learned to like it raw tho.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Ketchup. The smell is offensive to me. I literally gag if I smell it. I don't know why. Breakfast sausage like jc potter or Jimmy Dean made me so sick when I was a kid I have never touched them since.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Lamb. My grandmother made it every Easter and I hated it. I try it occasionally to see if my tastes have changed, but nope. There's something about the texture that is so off putting.
  • tmyatt23
    tmyatt23 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sliced American cheese
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Everybody seems to really hate Brussels sprouts and peas! Those are two of my favorite veggies...

One thing I cannot eat anymore are potatoes (except sweet potatoes). Ate some and threw up. Tried three more times. Threw up all three times.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Pork chops. That's some prison tray fare.

I had pork chops tonight for dinner with roasted brussel sprouts.
    I wish I could like brussel sprouts. They are beautiful on the stalk. Why do they taste so bitter though? :s

The ONLY way I like them is roasted in the oven with Balsamic glaze when done.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    organ meat
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Always been picky, so there are several things I just can't deal with. Cauliflower, lima beans, Brussel sprouts, peas, and bananas are the ones that are most likely to make my stomach churn just thinking about eating them. Oh and gizzard stuff, liver, kidney, heart... icky.