What things annoy you at the gym

Options
12345679»

Replies

• koda0071
    koda0071 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There was a group of three or four guys that would scream and yell as they raised the weight on a dead lift and drop the barbell hard to floor from a distance of their knees. I think owner got so many complaints they were asked not to re up their membership because I have not seen or heard them in a month or two. Also, the guy that loves to wear his ear muff style music headphones and sing out loud to his favorite songs as he is rowing on the erg machine. Actually pretty funny listening to his version of the Police's Roxanne, reminded me of the Eddie Murphy movie.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel so lucky I have a garage gym.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    having to move my body :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    people
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    When I'm supposed to do three sets of deads at 365 lbs, and I cannot get that last set off the floor. :mad:
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

That was me! But, I think your scenario is totally different and not at all annoying! When no one us around, who cares!! At my gym the locker room is always women in various stages if undress. I don't think I've ever seen it empty.

When I do get caught, I straight up tell them "I've recently lost a lot of weight and I'm proud of it and I want pictures to compare before and afters" I really don't care what they think lol

That's awesome!! And congrats on the loss!! Do people really confront you?! Even if it bugs me I would never tell them to stop, unless I was naked in the background haha! People have got to loosen up a bit![/quote]

if no one is around or in the background, that's fine, but if I'm in a state of undress (not just straight up naked) I don't want to be in the background of someone's picture.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel so lucky I have a garage gym.

One of these days i will have one as well...
  • mommamia30189
    mommamia30189 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I hate it when there is a line of about 6 bikes so i pick my favorite one, the rest are empty then enevitably someone comes and sits right beside me and tries to outpedal me. Ughhh drives me crazy- Like move down a bike already
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I hate it when there is a line of about 6 bikes so i pick my favorite one, the rest are empty then enevitably someone comes and sits right beside me and tries to outpedal me. Ughhh drives me crazy- Like move down a bike already

But the one next to you might be that person's favourite bike. If you can have a favourite why can't they.

And yes, I have a favourite treadmill at my gym and you bet I'm going to use it even if someone is on the one next to it.

Agreed! The first couple of times I used the treadmill at the gym I'd spend the time stressing out if someone got on the one next to me when there were half a dozen other machines open. Then I realized that with all the machines facing a bank of tvs all on different channels, people are just wanting to plant in front of a show they like.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

But the one next to you might be that person's favourite bike. If you can have a favourite why can't they.

And yes, I have a favourite treadmill at my gym and you bet I'm going to use it even if someone is on the one next to it.

Agreed! The first couple of times I used the treadmill at the gym I'd spend the time stressing out if someone got on the one next to me when there were half a dozen other machines open. Then I realized that with all the machines facing a bank of tvs all on different channels, people are just wanting to plant in front of a show they like.

Yep. At my gym each treadmill has its own TV, but there is one where the TV doesn't work, so I avoid that one. And another one is stuck on the Kardashian channel. Strangely enough, that one is always available.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Same.
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Same.

I did that once at a gym; not because it was my favorite bike but so I could keep an eye on my car. Known fact that rates of theft are really high in gym parking lots.