Your go to breakfast.

Options

Replies

• Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have oats every single day pretty much, have had the same breakfast for about 2 years now. Today I had oats, made with water, a mini banana, some sunflower seeds and cinnamon.

I change up the fruit and seeds, sometimes I add almond or coconut milk or cacao powder, but otherwise, it stays the same.
  • Vicham76
    Vicham76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    2 poached eggs and English muffin or homemade brown bread.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Cereal. Any type of cereal with cold milk.

dm9mol4jb4b1.jpg

Tried another new cereal today.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    This week I've had 3 different. M,W,F was green smoothie. T,TH was a yogurt bowl with additional stuff. Saturday I had an overnight oatmeal with protein powder in kefir. It's not much, but the overnight kefir work on the oatmeal makes a subtle change in the flavor and texture of the oatmeal that I like. I'm not sure what I'll do for tomorrow.
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bacon, egg, tomato, mushroom and baby spinach.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I wish it was pizza :#
  • jeremyb1234
    jeremyb1234 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A huge bowl of steel cut oats loaded with seeds like chia and hemp, fruits like pomegranate, bananas, dates and a big tablespoon of peanut butter right in the center. Keeps me blazing till after lunch time!
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast:

1)1-2 complex carb servings, (brown rice, oatmeal, whole grain bread with fiber, whole wheat pasta, steamed potatoes)

2)some healthy oil or nut butter. Ghee on occassion.

3)something dairy

4.) some protein food(s).

5)a piece of fruit

6) and maybe a veggie or more.

7.) Snacks/treats which can be things like 1-2 dark chocolate mint, a chunk of candied ginger, or protein or fiber bar, string cheese, lowcarb yogurt, beef jerky

8) water

My diary is public if you want to see what kinds of foods I use day to day.

* I don't have a stove, just a microwave so I am limited to things that are easy to put together. My first meal of my day is usually my largest meal. I go for my swim in the late am usually.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Coffee
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 3 egg whites scrambled with 1/2 oz low fat cheese, 2 strips of bacon cooked on paper towels in micro, brian buds with 3 oz 1% milk. 327 calories, 34 protein 13 fiber.
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    During the week: Click Mocha, Califa Toasted Coconut Almond milk, and cold coffee.

Weekends: 2 eggs schedule scrambled with veggies (tomatoes, onions, peppers, whatever is in the crisper drawer or hanging baskets) and a sprinkle of cheese. Maybe a couple of low fat turkey sausages, too.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Poached egg, slice of Canadian bacon, on a toasted, light English muffin, topped with tsp of chia seeds, and a piece of fruit or cup of fresh berries.
    I could eat this every day for every meal.
  • PottersPotions
    PottersPotions Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A banana smoothie with unsweetened almond milk.
  • almostADORNO
    almostADORNO Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Egg, ham, cheese sandwich on a sandwich thin.
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Two egg whites and oatmeal (but not mixed although I think I’d like to try that)
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Powerful Yogurt or a Kind Bar. McDonald's sausage and scrambled eggs. Usually something quick and light since I don't eat a large breakfast. I bought some "just crack an egg" things from the grocery store to try tonight.
  • smhazen2018
    smhazen2018 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Toasted whole wheat bread and half of an avacado on it
  • delainabueno
    delainabueno Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hate breakfast . I mean I've never been a breakfast eater and I've always been told it's good for you , so I'm trying.
  • Hunny_butter
    Hunny_butter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Porridge!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Today I'm having Post Honey Bunches of Oats and Almonds with milk, 1 boiled egg and 1 slice of toast, with a cup of tea.

Quite typical for me, except the type of cereal varies.