When do I switch to a 1/2 lb per week loss please?

Options
13»

Replies

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
    Tomorrow I start CrossFit. I am giving it a month to see if I like it. I tried it for free on Fri. and quite enjoyed it. I like variety and want to see what it has to offer.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Better and better!! Awesome progress.

Also, I love that your cat likes to lie in the doorway too :lol: I swear mine are trying to kill me.

Thanks. My cat is pretty lazy but always enjoys a good photobomb.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    PokeyBug wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there, in case it works for you. It's a Quick TDEE calculator that heybales (Mike Bales) put together, and it's been pretty accurate for me. Follow the instructions in the upper right corner for saving it to your own computer, and you can play with your calorie requirements for different goals. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G7FgNzPq3v5WMjDtH0n93LXSMRY_hjmzNTMJb3aZSxM/edit#gid=0

You may get to your goal, be satisfied, and that'll be it for you. Or you may stay at that goal for a few months and want to relieve more pressure on your knee, or you decide to lose a little more because you really enjoy your exercise and you like having a goal. At least that's how it's been for me; I've found exercise apps to do virtual walks to different places around the world on my treadmill, and I love hitting goals, so it motivates me. When else am I going to be able to take a walking tour of Turkey or walk to Mordor? But not everyone is like me. :p

Just want to throw out there that downloading files from random sites isn't safe behavior. Assuming that it is an ad-supported site, you should ask yourself whether the site is being really generous in complete opposition to its financial well-being by letting you have the calculator to use without being to monetize you ... or is something else going on?

He's a real guy, a regular participant here, very knowledgeable and helpful. I know that's not a sure guarantee of no nefarious deeds (I'm a former IT security person), and caution is sensible, but I think it's less nefarious than your comments might imply.

This. There's caution and then there's "Did you even look at the link?"

It's a Google Doc. You download the excel file if you want to. This isn't someone trying to monetize something.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I started my cut at around 170 lbs with 15 lbs more or less to lose...Currently I am at 162 lbs and I noticed my strength dipping in the past 2 weeks which convinces me that I should change it from 1 lb to 0.5 lbs. Goes to show that even though the weight loss will be slower, I would rather have it slow and maintain my strength than losing it quickly and lose my strength too in the process. I actually made the change today from 1 lbs weight loss to 0.5 lbs. Next cut I do, I will certainly start at 0.5 lbs per week instead of 1.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    If you are content and feel good doing what you’re doing — then keep doing it! It will naturally get harder as you get closer to being lean. I wouldn’t worry about any arbitrary slow-down rules.