Frame Size Survey - Do your goals match up?

Options

Replies

• CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    CharlotteTheCoffeeLover Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    These frame calculators drive me crazy. I have a 5.8" wrist which is tiny but the rest of me is hour glass shape with wide hips and bust. The calculator puts me at a small frame but I do not have a small frame. I guess my goal of 130 is right at the top of their recommendation of 117 to 130, however, at 117, I would look ill. Sheesh!

Ok, I did the elbow and wrist.... Elbow large frame, wrist small... I've already been told by my Dr I'm a large frame...and I agree Danni, at 117 I would look like I was near death... I'm already very boney
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    5ft 2in
    Current weight 145lbs
    Large frame (16in wrist)
    Ideal weight 128-143lbs
    My goal weight is 130lbs (I'd even be happy losing 10lbs and getting to 135lb! :wink:
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    5'7" Large Frame (7" wrist)
    CW 186.8
    Says 143-163 for me
    My goal = 160
  • FitbitVanessa
    FitbitVanessa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    These frame calculators drive me crazy. I have a 5.8" wrist which is tiny but the rest of me is hour glass shape with wide hips and bust. The calculator puts me at a small frame but I do not have a small frame. I guess my goal of 130 is right at the top of their recommendation of 117 to 130, however, at 117, I would look ill. Sheesh!
    Ditto for me! I'm 5'8" and have very dainty wrists, but a very curvy figure. I would describe my frame as medium even though the wrist measurement makes me small framed. My goal is 135, so I guess I'm on the cusp.
  • organic0gf
    organic0gf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    5' 8" says i should weigh 146-167. my goal is 155 so it's right in the middle. Problem with that is; my wrist is chunky too, so what happens when i get to 155 and my wrist is smaller...lose another 15 pounds?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

This is exactly what I mean (see my earlier post) - wrist size is used because it generally correlates with frame size, but doesn't in every individual. Shoulder width, rib cage width/depth and pelvis width is what makes someone actually large or small framed.

My wrists don't match my frame size. My wrists are 6.25" which is large framed for a 5'1" person, but at 5'2" the same wrist size is classified as medium framed........... yet my shoulders and rib cage circumference are bigger than many women who are much taller than me, there's no way my rib cage and shoulder size would be considered as medium framed on a 5'2" woman. Plus I have relatively short shins, an inch more shin bone would make my leg proportions a bit more average and make me 5'2", but isn't going to add more than 1lb to my weight, and my ribs and shoulders would still be just as mahoosive.
  • KisforKriss
    Options
    Frame Size Large
    Ideal Weight 128 lbs - 143 lbs

my goal is 130
  • lilunsure
    lilunsure Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    5'8" - with 7" wrist (large frame) 146-167
    my goal is 150
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", large frame. I don't want to be under 150 lb.
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    5'7" with a 6in wrist = small frame and 123-136 pounds

Wow - that's interesting. Currently my goal is 175 pounds and then I'll evaluate to determine how much more I plan to lose. This is a great deal more than what this calculator says I should weigh . . . I think I'd be entirely too skinny and people would start force feeding me if I actually got to be that small . . . I just have small wrists, but my shoulders and hips are broad along with a curvy bum.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Gender Female
    Height 172 cm
    Wrist Circumference 15.9 cm

Frame Size Medium
    Ideal Weight 62 kg - 68 kg

This is pretty much aligned with my goals. Although the last time I got down to 62kg I was fainting a lot!
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm medium frame and my ideal weight is 130 - 144 lbs; my goal is 147lbs so not far off x
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, small frame. This says my ideal weight is 132-145. I'm at 138 so I'm right in the middle.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    says I need to lose 30lbs lo!!!
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    5'8" Medium frame; it has me at 134-150. I plan on building a lot of muscle, so I don't know how accurate that is for me. I'll know when I get there.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Says I have to lose about 11-23 lbs...which means my goal would have to be a BF% of -3% to 4%. The calculator doesn't work for me
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    Mine is way off. I'm 5'1 and it says that I am medium framed and I should weigh 115 to 130 lbs. I'm 108 now and want to lose another 10 lbs or so.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Mine says small frame (!). So I could lose 5-18 more lbs (current BMI is 22.7). I would be okay with 5, but historically if I lose more than that I get a LOT of negative feedback.
    Oh stahp it. You're gorgeous the way you are :love:

And, yes, my frame and GW match. But I knew this years ago.
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    I'm 5'11" with a 6.5" wrist (Medium Frame), it says my ideal weight is 145-159... I think it is right on for me, just a few lbs away from the high now but could prob make it down to 145 and be pretty lean :)
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    says I need to lose 30lbs lo!!!

I don't think it accounts for the muscle lol your BMI prob suggests your obease too haha far from it