Frame Size Survey - Do your goals match up?

Options

Replies

• mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    6 more pounds to lose until I'm in my ideal weight! I'm 5'1" and large-framed.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    The ranges are different for men and women, but everyone already knows which one of those they are....

Usually, but there was that South African runner, Caster Semenya, who was outwardly female, had female sexual characteristics, but had male chromosomes and a disorder that made her body insensitive to testosterone, so that male characteristics never developed. It came as an unwelcome, and humiliating, shock to her. But I digress. You have awesome lean mass on that frame of yours.

that's a good point.... I did think of transgender people when I wrote that but figured they'd know they were transgender. But yeah in some rare cases people don't know.

re lean mass - thanks :) It's mostly genetic, I've only added a little bit from weight training. That's why I think it's important for people to understand that BMI may not be accurate for people with non-average frame sizes, it's not just athletes it's inaccurate for. And it works the other way, i.e. very small framed people being told they're underweight when they're not.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have a small frame. I think it is pretty accurate. 127 was the top number and my goal is 130.
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Frame Size Large
    Ideal Weight 161 lbs - 184 lbs

I'm currently: 192lbs
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    5'8" says I am medium goal weight is 136-150 the high end is over my current and the low end matches my goal weight
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    6' wrist circ is 6 & 1/4 inches - medium frame ideal weight 148 - 162

I am guessing this is not taking into account added muscle weight, my goal is about 170 ....I gott a long road ahead! :frown:
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Wrist: 6.5" (on the bone)
    Frame Size Large
    Ideal Weight 137 lbs - 155 lbs

I'm aiming for 160-170
  • Raia13
    Raia13 Posts: 2
    Options
    Ok, 5'6", wrist is 6.75, Large Frame, says ideal weight is 140-159. My goal weight is 155 so this is spot on for me.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    It told me my frame size is 'large' and my ideal weight is 118-131lbs. Funny because another site told me that anything above 120 lbs would put me in the overweight category. I'm not believing this one :laugh:
  • draco7a
    draco7a Posts: 1
    Options
    I try not to go by someone ele's survey. When I was younger and in better shape I carried a lot more muscle in my legs than most women and I a "d" cup and have tiny wrists indicating a small frame.so I'm going to weigh a bit more. Muscle weighs more than fat right? Had a friend in the military that had a tiny waist and great body but was a "DD" she failed all the military requirements for BMI but had herself hydrostatically weighed and came in way under the requirements. Yet Men with large guts and large necks were passing and they obviously weren't in good physical condition. I shooting for 168 lbs and I'm 5'8. That will put me in the healthy BMI range . I am interested in seeing what size clothing I'll end up in. Really tired of shopping for plus sizes.:bigsmile:
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    5'1"
    Wrist Cir: 6"
    Large Frame
    Ideal Weight: 125-140

Based on my current LBM and bf%, and my desired bf%, I have my goal weight at 136.6, which falls just below the high end of this survey's ideal weight...
  • triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my wrist is 6.25".

Frame Size Medium
    Ideal Weight 136 lbs - 150 lbs

My current goal is 150lbs (BMI of 22) but 139lbs (BMI 21.05) is suggested on ideal weight sites. Both are within the ideal weight range from this calculator and in terms of BMI.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Female, 5'7", 6.25 in wrist.

Medium build, 130-144 range. Yup, my goal is within that range.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yep, mine matches perfectly! 5'2.5, wrist size is 6.3 which said I was a large frame - wasn't sure of that prior to this link and my weight goal is around 135 and it said I can be in the range of 128-143.
  • moosiau
    moosiau Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hmm according to this I'm large Framed and should aim to be about 140-159 lbs....my goal weight is 130 lbs, maybe I should rethink my goal? :tongue:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm curious how accurate this calculator is.
    Enter in your gender, height, and wrist circumference.

http://health.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Frame-Size-Wrist

What is your frame size and ideal weight?
    Does your ideal weight range match your current weight goal?

example:
    I am female, 5'8", small frame, and it says my Ideal Weight is 126 lbs - 139 lbs.
    This matches my goal. :)

Okay, your turn.

Female / 5'7" / medium frame / ideal weight 133 lbs - 147 lbs

My goal is 145 lbs
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    5'2". Small frame. It says my ideal weight is 108-121

Which is cool because I'm often told by people that my goal weight of 110 is "too skinny". At 110, I still have quite a bit of "meat" on my bones. I have the skeleton size of a giant mutant hummingbird or a medium Asian teenager.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Mine adds up. Big range, though.
  • johnnysdurl13
    Options
    Medium frame with ideal weight from 121-135.

My goal is anywhere between 120 and 130 depending on how I feel. Probably on the higher end.
  • MissGatekeeper
    Options
    Ok, 5'6", wrist is 6.75, Large Frame, says ideal weight is 140-159. My goal weight is 155 so this is spot on for me.

This. Sort of, my goal is closer to 160 tho.