Drink More Water, Lose More Weight? YES!

Options

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    What do you consider Water? is coffee water? is tea water? is beer water? is soda water? how about the water in fruits? how do we log that? I need to know because I do not carry around a gallon of water.

none of those things are water. Our bodies don't know how to separate water from other things in your digestive system so you have to drink the water pure. That's why everyone was so fat back in the days when they drank dilute alcohol when no safe drinking water was available.

So, the tea in my tuna brownies doesn't count?

Reported for using the term "tuna brownies".
    Srsly. That may be the most offensive thing I've read on this entire site.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    What do you consider Water? is coffee water? is tea water? is beer water? is soda water? how about the water in fruits? how do we log that? I need to know because I do not carry around a gallon of water.

none of those things are water. Our bodies don't know how to separate water from other things in your digestive system so you have to drink the water pure. That's why everyone was so fat back in the days when they drank dilute alcohol when no safe drinking water was available.

OMG how did i miss this connection? I guess I will never lose any weight.

ENlpYUS.gif
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Srsly. That may be the most offensive I've read on this entire site.

It was gross, really gross. I was hoping that if I ignored it, it would disappear. But then ya'll kept quoting it and there it was again.

Oh, wait.....hmph
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Vodka counts right? It's clear like water
  • Caramelnut73
    Caramelnut73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    64 oz is a gallon of water
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

OMG how did i miss this connection? I guess I will never lose any weight.

ENlpYUS.gif

I am going to pee my pants. Maybe I drank too much water?
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options

8 cups of water = a gallon of water

Dunno why people are suggesting a gallon of water a day is dangerous....it's generally accepted that humans should consume 8 cups of water a day. I know I have a much easier time sticking to my calories in a day when I drink my water goal.
  • puppyluvxo
    puppyluvxo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sheesh, this is the first post I've ever read, and really, if people disagree with the original post/recommendation, I don't think that's a reason for the poster (gallon water-drinker) to blast people to the wall and be so rude and essentially calling them pubescent.

Let's have some prospective here that just because you think drinking a gallon of water a day is akin to the coming of the next messiah, not everyone will agree with you, and when you write a public post you need to consider that. For instance, I eat tons of fish, and people constantly say I shouldn't and to be aware of mercury levels. And my response is, You know what? You're right. I understand where you're coming from. Let's keep our eye on the ball here, folks. And that is, we're all on here to get healthy and there are many different ways to do that.

Okay, off to have a glass of merlot. I mean...water.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

Srsly. That may be the most offensive I've read on this entire site.

It was gross, really gross. I was hoping that if I ignored it, it would disappear. But then ya'll kept quoting it and there it was again.

Oh, wait.....hmph

Oh no! I said it! I said it again! Ahhh AHHHH!

400px-Knightni.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

Dunno why people are suggesting a gallon of water a day is dangerous....it's generally accepted that humans should consume 8 cups of water a day. I know I have a much easier time sticking to my calories in a day when I drink my water goal.
    No.

One gallon = 128 oz.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Edit because the guy above got there before me.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking close to two gallons of liquids a day (mostly water) for years.

I'm still fat.

What do I do now?
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

No.

One gallon = 128 oz.

Science :grumble:
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    AAAAwwww heck.

My bad I misread the measuring thingy on my fridge.

You are right, 128 ounces is a gallon.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking close to two gallons of liquids a day (mostly water) for years.

I'm still fat.

What do I do now?

Duh, drink MORE water. SRSLY.
  • r8nbow
    r8nbow Posts: 1
    Options
    I am all in favour of drinking more water - I hardly touch the stuff. I am not a doctor but I believe that everyone is different. The goal or 8-10 glasses seems reasonable to me and one I feel capable of achieving. I did not put this weight on overnight and it is not going to come off overnight. It is all about lifestyle changes and the ones you keep are those that you implement over time. I lost 40 pounds a year ago but it was not a healthy weight loss and it came back. Now I am being sensible and not stressing about it. I intend to be the tortoise not the hare and if I get to the point where I drink 10 glasses of water a day that for me would be a success.
    We are all on our own journeys and we need to remember that and share information but we do NOT need to be on the soapbox. What is right for you may not be right for me and vice versa. The main thing is we are all trying to get healthy and for that we are all to be commended.
  • puppyluvxo
    Options
    WISH I had thought of this.
  • puppyluvxo
    Options
    WISH I had thought of this. In response to "vodka." Brilliant.
  • scootinalong
    Options

What??? 16 because there are 128 ounces in a gallon

Never mind, see this was addressed earlier