Drink More Water, Lose More Weight? YES!

Options

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the water calculator - this is something I can use - Having too much water can be detrimental just as having too little water - Thanks again -

oh, and there is a nursing mother, you had mentioned climate, lets not forget medication, diabetes etc - Perchocet or the opiate family will suck you dry of your fluids -

Someone mentioned adding chili or lemon to the water - Lemon is acidic and it will help with cleansing and burning fat - however, water itself has properties - minerals and it actually has to be digested, also cleanses the body - I have heard of people adding fruit to their water for an added taste, like berries or watermelon or orange slices, but I had not heard of adding chili before - Is it good?

Yes. I use Wendy's chili.

Me too, I find it cleans me out well

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< scratches Wendy's chili off the list of stuff to feed AllTehBeers when she comes to visit me........

I'm not sure if I should be offended you had Wendy's chili on your list of welcome foods for me.

My avatar and name should point you in the right direction.

Dude! Well of course we would start with beer and bacon, but we can't eat that for every meal of every day, now can we?!

Okay, we could. But still.

I'll just throw out there that I like my eggs over-medium and my potatoes crispy, like my bacon.

I would even do the dishes after.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Sheesh, this is the first post I've ever read, and really, if people disagree with the original post/recommendation, I don't think that's a reason for the poster (gallon water-drinker) to blast people to the wall and be so rude and essentially calling them pubescent.

Let's have some prospective here that just because you think drinking a gallon of water a day is akin to the coming of the next messiah, not everyone will agree with you, and when you write a public post you need to consider that. For instance, I eat tons of fish, and people constantly say I shouldn't and to be aware of mercury levels. And my response is, You know what? You're right. I understand where you're coming from. Let's keep our eye on the ball here, folks. And that is, we're all on here to get healthy and there are many different ways to do that.

Okay, off to have a glass of merlot. I mean...water.

OMG...you are FAR to reasonable minded to be allowed to post in the forums!
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

I can top that: I would make you homemade chili with beer and bacon in it. With a side of beer topped with more bacon. And a case of shocktop for a pillow (umm, I don't know what a shocktop is, so just a bacon pillow). :flowerforyou::flowerforyou:

J3hdZ4f.jpg

id5o.gif
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

I'll just throw out there that I like my eggs over-medium and my potatoes crispy, like my bacon.

Have I mentioned that I have chickens? So, eggs we can do. Don't sweat the dishes, that's what teenage sons are for. For reals.
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can over drink water. However, it is hard to do it unless you are in a crazy radio contest (this happened a few years back--a person died). Washing your salts out happens when you drink too much water in ****too short a period of time for your kidneys to clear it & keep your saline level correct****. FWIW, the kidneys can process about 15 liters (~4 gal) of fluid per day. That's at the top end, and even those staying very well hydrated should not get near it. That's an extreme amount of water. Rate of intake is important, as stated above. So don't chug a gallon in one setting. 1 - 1.5 gallons in a 24 hour period (more like 16 waking-hours)? Should be fine, IMO.

However, I'd be willing to be that the vast majority of people walking around in America today--and especially those "dieting," are chronically de-hydrated.

I was chronically de-hydrated my entire life, and suffered kidney stones. Once I started keeping myself hydrated, no kidney stones. I found that out on my own. ALL the urologists completely missed it and were too preoccupied with putting me on this pill or that special "calcium free" (before they knew any better) or "oxalate free" diet. But nobody bothered to check whether I was drinking enough clear water to keep everything flushed out and the oxalates at a low concentration.

So here's the deal: Why does drinking more water help you lose fat? It's because when you are de-hydrated, your whole body suffers. Your liver needs water to work. It is your liver that is doing the "burning" of fat (well, OK, your muscles do some direct conversion after the liver has claimed a glycerin from the triglycerides, but guess what? That requires water too.) Add to that equation that you have plenty of fat-soluble toxins stored away in your body fat. Start using that fat, and you are releasing those toxins, which must be filtered by the kidneys (which need water to do so) and secondarily, the liver (again, needing water).

If you work out a lot, you sweat a lot, and you should replace what you sweat.

EVERYTHING your body does metabolically requires being well hydrated. If you are de-hydrated, you are causing undue stress, slowing down your metabolism, and probably even throwing some hormones out of your favor. Water is to your body as oil is to an engine. It keeps everything moving along smoothly. Including digestion. Eating a healthy diet with lots of fiber? You better be drinking water. WebMD recommends ignoring the old (8) 8-oz glasses and going with 1/2 to 1 oz water per pound body weight per day. More if you work out more and/or live in a hot climate.

Very informative.
    Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

Have I mentioned that I have chickens? So, eggs we can do. Don't sweat the dishes, that's what teenage sons are for. For reals.

Just because it's cute:

4411349240_68d2c9499a_o.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Just because it's cute:

Can't..Stop...Watching...The...Cuteness....

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    This is the only way to lose weight. Forget water.

ibtL81YB2KvAiy.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If you drink more water than your body can handle then you can actually drown. Did you know that before you started telling people to drink a gallon of water?

Before starting 5:2 I hardly drank any water, I'd drink coffee mainly. I lost a huge amount of weight. There goes that theory.

Yes, coffee is a diuretic. I guess everyone should just load up on caffeine now.... :huh: :laugh:

Not really - not much more than water.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    bump
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    instant coffee + diet coke = dope pre-workout

Ermegherd...the toxinzzz in the diet coke.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Just because it's cute:

Can't..Stop...Watching...The...Cuteness....

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Soooooooo fluffy!!!!!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    If you drink more water than your body can handle then you can actually drown. Did you know that before you started telling people to drink a gallon of water?

Before starting 5:2 I hardly drank any water, I'd drink coffee mainly. I lost a huge amount of weight. There goes that theory.

Doesn't drowning involve inhaling water?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=strange-but-true-drinking-too-much-water-can-kill
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

Doesn't drowning involve inhaling water?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=strange-but-true-drinking-too-much-water-can-kill

What does this have to do with drowning?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a reason to make this that didn't involve the two adults in my house eating it all in one evening. With homemade bread.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/beer-and-cheddar-soup

Holy *kitten*. Must make this.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    instant coffee + diet coke = dope pre-workout

Ermegherd...the toxinzzz in the diet coke.

lol so many toxins, probably gonna die from all those toxins

Add a squeeze of cleansing lemon juice, you'll be aiight.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

Yes, coffee is a diuretic. I guess everyone should just load up on caffeine now.... :huh: :laugh:

Not really - not much more than water.

Whatever you say m'lady.