Drink More Water, Lose More Weight? YES!

Options

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I actually agree with her. The person that posted "...ok" contributed absolutely nothing to discussion. She was simply pointing out that comments like that are counterproductive and rude. If you have a problem with that, you don't need to post here, either.

Actually, "ok" is neither rude nor counterproductive. Had I pointed out the various spots where she made unsubstantiated claims and GUARANTEES for people and called her immature, aggressive, and a prepubescent tween...that might have been rude. Ok is fairly non-confrontational and not the least bit condescending or *****y, but thank you for taking the time to post.

Edit: Oh, and the pronoun would be "her", not "him".
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I actually agree with her. The person that posted "...ok" contributed absolutely nothing to discussion. She was simply pointing out that comments like that are counterproductive and rude. If you have a problem with that, you don't need to post here, either.

potKettle_zpsb1010c95.jpg

That's a teapot, not a kettle.

same thing....

Nope, Sara is right. She's from the UK, she should know. They like the tea type stuff there, I hear.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Wow, a lot of you are quick to mock people it seems. What a great community.

Oh good lawd....he is a friend. /smh
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

I know you're new here, but please stay on topic.

Yes, please. I believe we were discussing: juggling, jiggling, jello, beer, and slim jims. Did I miss anything?? Oh yes, and vodka.

Exactly. All of these involve water. Replies should all involve some sort of fluid.

How you doin?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Please stop hijacking the thread. I'm not sure why you're so negative. Aren't we all here for the same thing? :flowerforyou:
  • peggymdellinger
    peggymdellinger Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Well, ^that was rude.

Uh, how? OP took time out of her day to make this post, someone responded with a comment that contributed nothing to discussion, she told him comments like those aren't productive, and cmcollins001 defended him for posting one word as a response. I really don't see how pointing out the lack of genuine and meaningful contribution is rude. If that of all things offends you, then I'm sorry but you probably shouldn't be on the internet.

All this fun and Ms. Serious McSerioustun comes in...
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    A good way to get all your food groups in:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoSVDcJN_CBLVxTmJiHqTTPwnAIp-AjYuM9PXfQzt4pLz9DYhj0g
  • femmebb23
    Options

says the person who just told people that this is the internet and to have thick skin.

Tell me where I said the words "you need thick skin." I said nothing that was rude and someone told me I was being rude, and no one wants to tell me what exactly was said by me that was rude.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hydration is key, though I don't believe it's the magical formula to weight loss. Water is important for your general well being rather than losing more weight.

Also, I never knew "ok" was such an offensive term.

Maybe I'm not sensitive enough for mfp...

ok
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What do you consider Water? is coffee water? is tea water? is beer water? is soda water? how about the water in fruits? how do we log that? I need to know because I do not carry around a gallon of water.

none of those things are water. Our bodies don't know how to separate water from other things in your digestive system so you have to drink the water pure. That's why everyone was so fat back in the days when they drank dilute alcohol when no safe drinking water was available.

So, the tea in my tuna brownies doesn't count?

Forget the water subject. I'm really curious how you make tuna brownies?! Do tell!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Ouch
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    So you're saying I can just drink those pesky pounds away?

45822-kramer-mind-blown-gif-Uqhb.gif
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    The amount of water you should be drinking is based on many different aspects of your life such as activity level and climate. Water helps you lose weight because it is calorie free... weight loss is 100% about calorie consumption. If you eat too many calories... your body stores them as fat for later... if you eat fewer calories your body uses all of the calories you ate that day and then burns fat/uses the stored calories and if you do not eat enough calories your body will store those calories ingested because your body does not know when it will receive food again. Water can also keep you full so you eat less and for me it helps me slow down with eating.

Here is a link to a Hydration Calculator... if you answer the questions you can determine the recommended amount of water for you and your lifestyle.

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Source:

My Dietitian and Doctor.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    What do you consider Water? is coffee water? is tea water? is beer water? is soda water? how about the water in fruits? how do we log that? I need to know because I do not carry around a gallon of water.

none of those things are water. Our bodies don't know how to separate water from other things in your digestive system so you have to drink the water pure. That's why everyone was so fat back in the days when they drank dilute alcohol when no safe drinking water was available.

So, the tea in my tuna brownies doesn't count?

Forget the water subject. I'm really curious how you make tuna brownies?! Do tell!

Tuna + Brownies = the exact opposite of curious.
  • femmebb23
    Options

Please stop hijacking the thread. I'm not sure why you're so negative. Aren't we all here for the same thing? :flowerforyou:

If people are acting like sarcastic A-holes, I think I can be negative if I want to. I made one comment (which I meant to quote to someone and accidentally didn't) which was meant to tell a specific person that OP wasn't wrong in telling another person that their one word response wasn't productive, and then everyone decided to reply to me just to mock me.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Tell me where I said the words "you need thick skin." I said nothing that was rude and someone told me I was being rude, and no one wants to tell me what exactly was said by me that was rude.

You really want to know?

Your post, with potentially rude statements in bold and explained.

1) Dismissive of the person who posted "OK". Not very nice. She did contribute, has since the initial comment and look at her post count. 'Nuf said.

2) In effect telling people to get a thicker skin. So while those words "get a thicker skin" didn't come out of your mouth verbatim, the intent did.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I take 4 bottles of water to work everyday. They're all roughly 500mL (two are probably closer to 600mL) and I drink an extra bottle that's over 500mL and sometimes a 6th bottle. Anyway, I had four days off work in a row and forgot to drink a lot and got pretty bloated and I gained about five pounds of water. For a week now I've been playing catch up with my water trying to drink a minimum of 6 bottles a day and I've almost lost that five pounds just from drinking so much water and my belly looks and feels less bloated.
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ok,ok...lets talk about water....

Water is great! Water is good. I drink a crap ton. Close to 4-5 Liters a day (is that a gallon?!),because I'm nursing my baby. Otherwise,I don't think I'd drink that much water...and I love water! But It can really have negative side effects (like everyone else has mentioned). 2 Liters a day is probably enough.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    anyone do one of those water+lemon juice+chili pepper things? those do anything?

Yep...they make you look like this...

28wfhjs.jpg

hi sara

Well...I would ay hi back, but you just cruelly and heartlessly dismissed my comment in which I was trying to impart facts with regard to a teapot v a kettle.

I am distraught.