Drink More Water, Lose More Weight? YES!

Options

Replies

• peggymdellinger
    peggymdellinger Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I actually agree with her. The person that posted "...ok" contributed absolutely nothing to discussion. She was simply pointing out that comments like that are counterproductive and rude. If you have a problem with that, you don't need to post here, either.

potKettle_zpsb1010c95.jpg

That's a teapot, not a kettle.

Wow, a lot of you are quick to mock people it seems. What a great community.

Please stop hijacking the thread. I'm not sure why you're so negative. Aren't we all here for the same thing? :flowerforyou:

If people are acting like sarcastic A-holes, I think I can be negative if I want to. I made one comment (which I meant to quote to someone and accidentally didn't) which was meant to tell a specific person that OP wasn't wrong in telling another person that their one word response wasn't productive, and then everyone decided to reply to me just to mock me.

Seriously lady, it's just the internet. Remove stick and carry on...
  • femmebb23
    Options

Tell me where I said the words "you need thick skin." I said nothing that was rude and someone told me I was being rude, and no one wants to tell me what exactly was said by me that was rude.

You really want to know?

Your post, with potentially rude statements in bold and explained.
    I actually agree with her. The person that posted "...ok" contributed absolutely nothing to discussion. She was simply pointing out that comments like that are counterproductive and rude. If you have a problem with that, you don't need to post here, either.

1) Dismissive of the person who posted "OK". Not very nice. She did contribute, has since the initial comment and look at her post count. 'Nuf said.

2) In effect telling people to get a thicker skin. So while those words "get a thicker skin" didn't come out of your mouth verbatim, the intent did.

That wasn't my intent, so I apologize for that and thank you for actually telling me what came off as rude. What I meant by my second statement was that if he wasn't okay with someone like OP just reminding someone that responding "ok" didn't add anything to discuss, then he doesn't need to make posts about it. And honestly, if someone posts "...ok" and nothing else, I'm going to assume they put no effort into what they said. So of course I'm going to be dismissive. That's all I'm going to post so you guys don't need to sit there and keep mocking me for little crap. Have a good one.
  • Iamworthinvestingin
    Iamworthinvestingin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do not want to rain on your parade - because drinking more water IS good for you- but drinking too much for your is also not good- It can put your health at risk- What that amount is, I do not know - but you can be sure, I will drink more than I have- and I have something to add to your idea-

Drink cooled water
    Drink hot water [like tea]
    and alternate them before meals will also help with weight loss- I am not sure how the program works, but both hot and cold water is good for you - as well as room temperature -

something to think about -
    and thanks for sharing - I like a good challenge

Nancy
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What do you consider Water? is coffee water? is tea water? is beer water? is soda water? how about the water in fruits? how do we log that? I need to know because I do not carry around a gallon of water.

none of those things are water. Our bodies don't know how to separate water from other things in your digestive system so you have to drink the water pure. That's why everyone was so fat back in the days when they drank dilute alcohol when no safe drinking water was available.

So, the tea in my tuna brownies doesn't count?

Forget the water subject. I'm really curious how you make tuna brownies?! Do tell!

Tuna + Brownies = the exact opposite of curious.

Ummm...I don't really understand what that means. Are you telling me you're not curious? Because I love tuna AND brownies and i'm totally curious.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

potKettle_zpsb1010c95.jpg

That's a teapot, not a kettle.

Wow, a lot of you are quick to mock people it seems. What a great community.

Please stop hijacking the thread. I'm not sure why you're so negative. Aren't we all here for the same thing? :flowerforyou:

If people are acting like sarcastic A-holes, I think I can be negative if I want to. I made one comment (which I meant to quote to someone and accidentally didn't) which was meant to tell a specific person that OP wasn't wrong in telling another person that their one word response wasn't productive, and then everyone decided to reply to me just to mock me.

Doesn't that mean people can be sarcastic if they want to if someone's being negative? Reciprocity, afterall.

Nonetheless, you haven't seemed to contribute much to the thread, violating the rule you've laid down. Perhaps you can tell us how much water you pass daily?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    What do you consider Water? is coffee water? is tea water? is beer water? is soda water? how about the water in fruits? how do we log that? I need to know because I do not carry around a gallon of water.

none of those things are water. Our bodies don't know how to separate water from other things in your digestive system so you have to drink the water pure. That's why everyone was so fat back in the days when they drank dilute alcohol when no safe drinking water was available.

Forget the water subject. I'm really curious how you make tuna brownies?! Do tell!

Tuna + Brownies = the exact opposite of curious.

Ummm...I don't really understand what that means. Are you telling me you're not curious? Because I love tuna AND brownies and i'm totally curious.

What i mean: Gross.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Reported for using the term "tuna brownies".
    Srsly. That may be the most offensive thing I've read on this entire site.

Tuna Cauliflower Black Bean Brownies
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    "If you think you can log your tea as water, do you just log your brownies as tuna, too?"

that's the origin of tuna brownies, a favorite now for water threads. The original person was ginger somebody, i don't know her name i only ever called her tunabrownie after that.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

ok
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

...eww

Wait, let me rephrase that one word response.

Oh by all that is holy and good in this world back away from the poor brownies!!!! Won't someone think of the children?!
  • aNewCreation84
    Options
    Like you, I was doing this every day... or coming pretty close... and feeling EXCELLENT. Then, suddenly, I stopped. Don't ask me why. I just did. I'm going to have to pick up the habit again though... because, like you said, you feel refreshed and energized once you get over feeling like you're insides are taking a swim without you. :ohwell: It was the best I ever felt.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

newsroom-throwing-blackberry.gif
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options

Would love that in a Quest Bar. 15 seconds in the microwave.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    My dogs love tuna and/or salmon brownies. http://www.livingwithdogs.us/forms/tuna-brownies.html
    Not sure I'd suggest them for human consumption however. :tongue:
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Do you really find that offensive? Did you think she was talking about her va-jay-jay? I thought she really had a recipe for tuna brownies! LOL!
  • Iamworthinvestingin
    Iamworthinvestingin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the water calculator - this is something I can use - Having too much water can be detrimental just as having too little water - Thanks again -

oh, and there is a nursing mother, you had mentioned climate, lets not forget medication, diabetes etc - Perchocet or the opiate family will suck you dry of your fluids -

Someone mentioned adding chili or lemon to the water - Lemon is acidic and it will help with cleansing and burning fat - however, water itself has properties - minerals and it actually has to be digested, also cleanses the body - I have heard of people adding fruit to their water for an added taste, like berries or watermelon or orange slices, but I had not heard of adding chili before - Is it good?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Okay, that's worse. I need some saltines and ginger ale now, putting me over my cals. Thanks a lot for the SABOTAGE!!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Would love that in a Quest Bar. 15 seconds in the microwave.

zldpc9.gif