Drink More Water, Lose More Weight? YES!

Options

Replies

• daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What do you consider Water? is coffee water? is tea water? is beer water? is soda water? how about the water in fruits? how do we log that? I need to know because I do not carry around a gallon of water.

none of those things are water. Our bodies don't know how to separate water from other things in your digestive system so you have to drink the water pure. That's why everyone was so fat back in the days when they drank dilute alcohol when no safe drinking water was available.

So, the tea in my tuna brownies doesn't count?

Reported for using the term "tuna brownies".
    Srsly. That may be the most offensive thing I've read on this entire site.

Tuna Cauliflower Black Bean Brownies

Do you really find that offensive? Did you think she was talking about her va-jay-jay? I thought she really had a recipe for tuna brownies! LOL!

They are just joking with me. :flowerforyou:

Oooooohhhhh...i'm a litttttle...slooooooow....
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I drink more than a gallon of water a day. I use my 32oz tumbler and just keep refilling throughout the day with ice. Ice cold is the best!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I drink a gallon of water a day. No weightloss benefits.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the water calculator - this is something I can use - Having too much water can be detrimental just as having too little water - Thanks again -

oh, and there is a nursing mother, you had mentioned climate, lets not forget medication, diabetes etc - Perchocet or the opiate family will suck you dry of your fluids -

Someone mentioned adding chili or lemon to the water - Lemon is acidic and it will help with cleansing and burning fat - however, water itself has properties - minerals and it actually has to be digested, also cleanses the body - I have heard of people adding fruit to their water for an added taste, like berries or watermelon or orange slices, but I had not heard of adding chili before - Is it good?

Yes. I use Wendy's chili.

Me too, I find it cleans me out well

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< scratches Wendy's chili off the list of stuff to feed AllTehBeers when she comes to visit me........

I'm not sure if I should be offended you had Wendy's chili on your list of welcome foods for me.

My avatar and name should point you in the right direction.

I would make you homemade chili with beer in it. With a side of beer. And a case of shocktop for a pillow. :flowerforyou:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    lol @ this thread. I enjoy drinking water..

I lost "weight" cause I kept myself hydrated AND ate right AND worked out. Newsflash, there is no easy way out when it comes to losing weight the right way. It's a lifestyle.. you can't just drink two gallons of water for three weeks then drink soda pop for the rest of your life because you lost three lbs.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the water calculator - this is something I can use - Having too much water can be detrimental just as having too little water - Thanks again -

oh, and there is a nursing mother, you had mentioned climate, lets not forget medication, diabetes etc - Perchocet or the opiate family will suck you dry of your fluids -

Someone mentioned adding chili or lemon to the water - Lemon is acidic and it will help with cleansing and burning fat - however, water itself has properties - minerals and it actually has to be digested, also cleanses the body - I have heard of people adding fruit to their water for an added taste, like berries or watermelon or orange slices, but I had not heard of adding chili before - Is it good?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< scratches Wendy's chili off the list of stuff to feed AllTehBeers when she comes to visit me........

I'm not sure if I should be offended you had Wendy's chili on your list of welcome foods for me.

I would make you homemade chili with beer in it. With a side of beer. And a case of shocktop for a pillow. :flowerforyou:

:love:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Dude! Well of course we would start with beer and bacon, but we can't eat that for every meal of every day, now can we?!

Okay, we could. But still.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Agreed! I'm just saying what worked for me :]

Your ticker says you've lost 0 of 41 pounds.

I noticed the ticker is gone now. Hmmmmmmmmm....
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a reason to make this that didn't involve the two adults in my house eating it all in one evening. With homemade bread.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/beer-and-cheddar-soup
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    If you drink more water than your body can handle then you can actually drown. Did you know that before you started telling people to drink a gallon of water?

Before starting 5:2 I hardly drank any water, I'd drink coffee mainly. I lost a huge amount of weight. There goes that theory.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    What do you consider Water? is coffee water? is tea water? is beer water? is soda water? how about the water in fruits? how do we log that? I need to know because I do not carry around a gallon of water.

none of those things are water. Our bodies don't know how to separate water from other things in your digestive system so you have to drink the water pure. That's why everyone was so fat back in the days when they drank dilute alcohol when no safe drinking water was available.

So, the tea in my tuna brownies doesn't count?

Forget the water subject. I'm really curious how you make tuna brownies?! Do tell!

You had to be at the meeting. It's too hard to replicate.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    If you drink more water than your body can handle then you can actually drown. Did you know that before you started telling people to drink a gallon of water?

Before starting 5:2 I hardly drank any water, I'd drink coffee mainly. I lost a huge amount of weight. There goes that theory.

Yes, coffee is a diuretic. I guess everyone should just load up on caffeine now.... :huh: :laugh:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a reason to make this that didn't involve the two adults in my house eating it all in one evening. With homemade bread.

Okay, that looks seriously delicious. I'd probably add some diced jalapenos and a swirl of sriracha.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Thought: If 4 of the cups of my gallon a day of water are cascade ice does it still count, or does that 1% juice screw the pooch?
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

Doesn't drowning involve inhaling water?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

I can top that: I would make you homemade chili with beer and bacon in it. With a side of beer topped with more bacon. And a case of shocktop for a pillow (umm, I don't know what a shocktop is, so just a bacon pillow). :flowerforyou::flowerforyou:

J3hdZ4f.jpg
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

OMG *hump*

Err... I mean... Yes, I'd love to join you for dinner.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    "If you think you can log your tea as water, do you just log your brownies as tuna, too?"

that's the origin of tuna brownies, a favorite now for water threads. The original person was ginger somebody, i don't know her name i only ever called her tunabrownie after that.

And this.