Drink More Water, Lose More Weight? YES!

Options

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Drinking water actually causes me to binge on water, and I go through several pairs of underwear a week. So it doesn't work for me. Everybody's different :flowerforyou:

Just eat more salt.

But won't she gain back the weight? This diet thing is SO HARD!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    64 oz is a gallon of water

8 cups of water = a gallon of water

Dunno why people are suggesting a gallon of water a day is dangerous....it's generally accepted that humans should consume 8 cups of water a day. I know I have a much easier time sticking to my calories in a day when I drink my water goal.
    No.

One gallon = 128 oz.

Yep. He' correct. One gallon = 128oz That would be 16 cups/ounces, not 8.

For me personally, 8-11 cups is fine. My pee is consistently a very light tinted yellow. If I tried to drink a full gallon everyday, I'd probably end up overhydrated and in the hospital.

Wait. We're NOT aiming for dark yellow pee that smells like coffee?

I've been mislead!

Also I hear we aren't all here for the same reason? More misleading.
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    While there is certainly some (disputable) evidence that drinking water may aid weight loss, the last time I checked chugging massive quantities doesn't do much for you except put extra pressure on your kidneys. When you drink that much water at one time, your body doesn't get a chance to absorb it to do anything with it. You just pee it right out in order to maintain your body's natural water balance. The best way to drink water is to keep some water around and take sips whenever you feel thirsty. As long as you stay hydrated, your body is getting what it needs and can actually use. There's no need to drown yourself in water and create extra work for your kidneys just to hit some kind of quantity goal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_loss_effects_of_water
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2014112/Drinking-water-bad-health-Benefits-myth.html
    http://news.menshealth.com/overhydration-dangers/2012/06/09/

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11445-1364571895-9.gif

Stop confusing people with facts.
    You're right of course. I apologize. :happy:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Dunno why people are suggesting a gallon of water a day is dangerous....it's generally accepted that humans should consume 8 cups of water a day. I know I have a much easier time sticking to my calories in a day when I drink my water goal.
    No.

One gallon = 128 oz.

For me personally, 8-11 cups is fine. My pee is consistently a very light tinted yellow. If I tried to drink a full gallon everyday, I'd probably end up overhydrated and in the hospital.

Oops. Was I not supposed to tell?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

No.

One gallon = 128 oz.

Oops. Was I not supposed to tell?
    Thanks I WAS thirsty for coffee...
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    For all the people saying I'll die drinking too much water, how much water is TOO much water? Is there a food/water ratio I should be aiming for? What if I drink beer AND water and eat a slim jim?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I just lost a pound laughing... so, indirectly "Drink More Water, Lose More Weight? Yes!" actually does work! Also, I hear laughing tightens the abs.

Careful. Drinking lots of water and laughing will mean urine trouble.
  • scootinalong
    Options
    For all the people saying I'll die drinking too much water, how much water is TOO much water? Is there a food/water ratio I should be aiming for? What if I drink beer AND water and eat a slim jim?

Or, what if I eat a beer And water AND a watermelon?
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    king_of_threads_cat.jpg?w=720
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I try to drink a pint of beer for every cup of water to prevent this problem. I'm also very fun at parties.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

...now I want a slim jim.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Or, what if I eat a beer And water AND a watermelon?

Instant death the minute the watermelon combines in your stomach with the beer and water.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

I try to drink a pint of beer for every cup of water to prevent this problem. I'm also very fun at parties.

This is such a great solution!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

a-good-laugh.gif

This scares me.
  • angieward39
    angieward39 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap. Of all days to start reading the forums. :|
  • SirAwesomenessThe3rd
    Options
    When I used to be in the field for weeks at a time with the Marines we used to drink at least...wait for it....you ready?....3 GALLONS OF WATER A DAY!!!!! Crazy right? Absolutely insane. Stay thirsty my friends...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

...now I want a slim jim.

Hi...

....my name's Jim.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Drinking water actually causes me to binge on water, and I go through several pairs of underwear a week. So it doesn't work for me. Everybody's different :flowerforyou:

Just eat more salt.

But won't she gain back the weight? This diet thing is SO HARD!

Well, there's your problem! You should be lifestyling, not dieting.