Less Alcohol- April 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    Apparently my drinking CUE was last night. After stringing days....months!....together this really sucks. Hungover AF I do not like this at all. I didn't even drink THREE glasses of wine. Holy smokes the old me would be ashamed but the new me is just pissed off. Now to get ready for work with a screaming headache.... @Alzzi76 your Irish Coffee sounds like something I could use! But instead I will go for a shower and a gatorade. All the UGHS rn.

Have u tried lemon juice water. Lemon juice is a good neutralizer. Try and make it as strong as u can. It alsi works for hypo kids that have been readying to many lollies and drinking fizzy etc.. ;)
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    Guys, i feel I'm on a roller coaster .. i made myself my old fave.. please don't take offense. .. it's called ' irish coffee' but its a coffee with Irish whiskey.. i luv Irish people.. I'm 1/2 irish myself.. so I'm just confessing.. bcoz i feel i need to..

Im going to drink lots of water to help with the after effects

Luv ya all.. im moving house and yeah ive got to keep going without worrying abt petty stuff..

Xxooxxoo to everyone!!. ..

No offense taken! I'm roller coastering myself, kinda...mostly down. I'll be babysitting grandkids all of May, so that forces me back on track. Hope things calm down a bit for you. Don't ever give up. We are here XO

Thanku, i can't give up. It'll be over soon this pressure. I had a bad day with food as well. Missing meals etc . Im going start again tomorrow.. ( again :D:# )
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Hang in there those that are struggling! Even though I have been AF almost 100 days (May 2nd), I still am struggling this time of year.

Craig Beck's videos help me, too!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    donimfp wrote: »
    @Orphia, that nails it for me. One of the very best parts of being AF is freedom from constant decision-making.

Indeed.

I thought of another example which I've seen written about quite a bit:

Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg both wearing their own individual "uniform" every day of their lives, so as to cut down time spent making unimportant decisions so they can make bigger better decisions. There's this whole thing about these "capsule wardrobes" to encourage productivity in our lives.

I think threads like this and articles and videos are very helpful for us to make the decision about our alcohol consumption.

Then, once we've done all the thinking, we can just stick to our decision of our consumption limit/schedule and not waste energy worrying any more.

We all need to set our own rules for ourselves. Setting the rules can be the hardest part!

Speaking of mindless drinking I was watching one of Annie Graces podcasts and she talked about her drinking queue and how she discovered what and when her brain had the queue to drink. And for her it was opening the cupboard to the wine glasses. It was the close of the workday and start of relaxation. I tried to figure out my queue tonight. I think mine is kind of the same. I work from home, so pouring a glass of wine somehow differentiates the workday from the evening. Tonight I didn’t have any cravings, but I am going to be mindful of that queue tomorrow and try and figure out some other way to make that switch from workday to relaxation that provides some satisfaction without drinking.

I can totally understand that. Maybe you can make yourself a non-alcoholic drink in your wine glass or another "fancy" glass? I cook dinner every night and like to drink wine while I cook. Today I am starting to plan to make a new mocktail to go with dinner each night. I always enjoy finding new recipes for food, so why not drinks as well? I think it might take the focus off of the alcohol component of relaxing with a drink.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I just came across this collection of mocktail recipes. Some of these look downright amazing!

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/drinks/how-to/g785/best-mocktail-recipes/
  • Bellavita31
    Bellavita31 Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Ugh drank 3 glasses of pinot grigio Saturday night... Oh well I don't do it often anymore.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @Orphia, that nails it for me. One of the very best parts of being AF is freedom from constant decision-making.

Indeed.

Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg both wearing their own individual "uniform" every day of their lives, so as to cut down time spent making unimportant decisions so they can make bigger better decisions. There's this whole thing about these "capsule wardrobes" to encourage productivity in our lives.

I think threads like this and articles and videos are very helpful for us to make the decision about our alcohol consumption.

Then, once we've done all the thinking, we can just stick to our decision of our consumption limit/schedule and not waste energy worrying any more.

We all need to set our own rules for ourselves. Setting the rules can be the hardest part!

I do a modified version of project 333 (you can google it for more info) it’s 33 items of clothing for 3 months. I love it! It is less thinking, and it forces you to figure out what your personal style is and makes dressing such a snap. Now, applying that concept to drinking is an interesting idea. The idea of minimalism, mindfulness are something I really value, but are kind of the opposite of the mindless drinking.

Thanks! I Googled and found her How To Build a Capsule Wardrobe:

https://bemorewithless.com/how-to-build-a-capsule-wardrobe/

I pretty much did that after getting to my goal weight. I threw out all my fat clothes. Now I only have things I love that fit me.

There's also a really great thread I've participated in called "Let it go - de-cluttering etc" in the MFP Success Stories sub-forum that talks about all sorts of simplifying and de-cluttering.

Speaking of mindless drinking I was watching one of Annie Graces podcasts and she talked about her drinking queue and how she discovered what and when her brain had the queue to drink. And for her it was opening the cupboard to the wine glasses. It was the close of the workday and start of relaxation. I tried to figure out my queue tonight. I think mine is kind of the same. I work from home, so pouring a glass of wine somehow differentiates the workday from the evening. Tonight I didn’t have any cravings, but I am going to be mindful of that queue tomorrow and try and figure out some other way to make that switch from workday to relaxation that provides some satisfaction without drinking.

Ha, I like that way of looking at it: The drinking queue. Or I think you mean "The drinking cue"?

Could be both: People have their cue to start drinking, then one drink leads to a queue of drinks.

I checked out the "let it go" thread, very interesting! It doesn't seem very active but maybe it'll pick up.
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I just came across this collection of mocktail recipes. Some of these look downright amazing!

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/drinks/how-to/g785/best-mocktail-recipes/

Those look amazing!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »

Indeed.

I do a modified version of project 333 (you can google it for more info) it’s 33 items of clothing for 3 months. I love it! It is less thinking, and it forces you to figure out what your personal style is and makes dressing such a snap. Now, applying that concept to drinking is an interesting idea. The idea of minimalism, mindfulness are something I really value, but are kind of the opposite of the mindless drinking.

Thanks! I Googled and found her How To Build a Capsule Wardrobe:

https://bemorewithless.com/how-to-build-a-capsule-wardrobe/

I pretty much did that after getting to my goal weight. I threw out all my fat clothes. Now I only have things I love that fit me.

There's also a really great thread I've participated in called "Let it go - de-cluttering etc" in the MFP Success Stories sub-forum that talks about all sorts of simplifying and de-cluttering.

Ha, I like that way of looking at it: The drinking queue. Or I think you mean "The drinking cue"?

Could be both: People have their cue to start drinking, then one drink leads to a queue of drinks.

I checked out the "let it go" thread, very interesting! It doesn't seem very active but maybe it'll pick up.

Cheers! :heart:

Yes, the thread isn't fast-moving, but that's because adding your de-cluttering achievements to it really requires a fair bit of effort behind the scenes. :smiley:
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, Just sitting here with Diet Coke at a bar! I was so bored at home. And wanted some french onion soup and fried mushrooms. Feel like I'm in time out. Everyone around me looks like their having fun. But I do know better. I'll go home with energy and sleep well and some of these probably wont. But it is hard to abstain sometimes. I am doing Annie Grace's 30 day challenge and i"m only on day 4. I felt it was easier in January. But I'll still plug on. Like one of my fav youtube guys says that (the guy who hikes and talks about being alcohol free) I have to just keep the alcohol out of my mouth. Sounds simple, but we know it isn't.

I feel for all of you struggling. If misery loves company, then I'm experiencing the same thing.
    Tonight, my party neighbor pulled up next to me as I was walking and asked me when I'm going to start going out again. I said not sure when. She said she misses me. I asked Where you're going? She said to a local place to have wine and appetizers. I dont know why but the rest of my walk I felt so jealous. I was thinking well she drinks most nights, and she seems just fine. All this self talk is driving me crazy. LOL I have to just chill out. Sending you all hugs!

Just imagine how she'd feel if you called her in the morning when you get up.! You'll feel wonderful, will she?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Hugs @JulieAL1969

Your neighbour is off to have extra calories on top of extra calories, and headaches, poor sleep, and regret.

Arrange her for a coffee somewhere nice on Saturday afternoon. You'll have a much nicer time.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969, sending you hugs. Thanks for your honesty. Someone warned me about judging my “inside” in relation to someone else’s outside. The horrible times you’ve described in your own past drinking days (your description, not mine): I’d bet you appeared to be a happy party girl then (to outsiders) but you knew different.

I’ve just reread Naked Mind. AG speaks quite a bit about our FOMO and how it’s not based in reality of what we’re actually “missing”.

Hang in there!
  • CMB44512
    CMB44512 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    "regulars" "friends"

???
    I don't get it. I thought all were welcome.