Eggs Everyday? Yay or Nay?

Options
124»

Replies

• Bear71268
    Bear71268 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    To me eggs are the perfect food. If you could pick one food to consume along with water wouldn’t it be a boiled egg? Think about it.
  • noumena_
    noumena_ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    snaapz wrote: »
    My wife is on WW, eggs and fruit are free. She makes delicious pancakes with ... Eggs, mashed banana, and cinnamon! She's been having a few eggs a day since Jan 1 and shes doing great! (weight loss)

Um, hello that sounds delicious. I'm definitely trying these little pancakes!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    My 10:30 snack every day is a hard boiled egg. Tried to do something different but I missed that darn egg :*
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I eat 9 egg whites every day.

So, what about the yolks??
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    noumena_ wrote: »
    Awesome. Thanks everyone. I guess I've been 90s brainwashed with the idea of eggs having horrible amounts of cholesterol.

Yes, they've since discovered there's "good cholesterol" and "bad cholesterol".
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I eat one hard boiled egg a day. Without it my diet would be completely fubar. I'm a vegetarian / trying not to lose muscle while losing weight.
  • Icrizz
    Icrizz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    noumena_ wrote: »
    Awesome. Thanks everyone. I guess I've been 90s brainwashed with the idea of eggs having horrible amounts of cholesterol.

There's actually been recent studies that support that eggs can help lower the bad cholesterol in our bodies. (That doesn't mean that people should go all out and eat like 10 eggs a day though)
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    I eat a one (1) hard boiled egg for breakfast nearly every day. Didn't have one this morning though.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I eat one hard boiled egg a day. At least 2 years or more.
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I eat tons of eggs, because my chickens produce about 6-7 per day. But I agree with a previous poster, it depends on your whole diet. Eggs are a lot more biologically appropriate for humans than steak at least.
  • IrRevd
    IrRevd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A big yah from me. I've been eating 2 eggs a day and could happily have a third of fourth. I buy large free range eggs and they are so flavoursome. There is a slight issue with wind in the evenings but my family and I just laugh that off.

I don't know about US standards but UK eggs that have the lion mark have almost zero risk of salmonella especially when cooked. Cholestoral is a concern for me but Im led to beleve that this is not quite the worry that it used to be as eggs have "good/better" cholestoral.
  • kerrimiller2018
    kerrimiller2018 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    No because: paeltctdoe5x.jpg

This is just fear mongering propaganda that is extrapolating and twisting facts to support one’s ideologies. Don’t forget to not drink water anymore either. Most water sources contain legionella bacteria. Not to mention a risk of coliform bacteria or cryptosporidium...