April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    9fwsnuj8opmf.jpg

Same here in China. We got all the way to the mid 20s a week ago and suddenly it started snowing again. Gah.
  • abutcher2122
    abutcher2122 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Awesome running at your races!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    April goal: have a desire to live and run again on 4/15. Other than that, all bets are off. I might not even post mileage or much the second half of this month.

4/1- 10.9
    4/2- REST/travel
    4/3- 6.1
    4/4- 6.7
    4/5- REST
    4/6- 5.4
    4/7- REST
    4/8- 5.9

Total: 36

Today's notes: 1 hour easy run on trail today. Yesterday's rest day was weird. I actually had to check my calendar to see when the last time was that I didn't run on a Saturday.... it was the beginning of September, and I have no clue why I didn't run that day. Other than that, Taper crazies are in full swing, along with the obsessively watching the weather, despite knowing it's all a craps shoot until the actual day.

To everyone who raced this weekend, Great job, you all are inspiring and are amazing, remember that!

2018 races
    3/24- END-SURE 50k 6:39:35
    4/13- Zumbro Endurance Race 100 Mile
    7/28- Minnesota Voyageur 50
    9/8- Superior Trail 50 mile
    10/20- Wild Duluth 50k
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was 9 miles and my longest run since the Bemidji Blue Ox 26k last October. I’m one of the rare freaks who gets hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) on long runs, so in the absence of any specific event training, we keep my long runs under the time where that becomes an issue (90-100 minutes). I’m not very fast, so that’s in the 7-8 mile range. I ended up with higher blood sugar than I would have liked considering that 9 miles is just into the time range where I have issues, but I have another 25 weeks to play mad scientist to try and keep it low enough to make it 26.2 miles.

4/1-rest day (unscheduled)
    4/2-rest day
    4/3-5
    4/4-3
    4/5-4
    4/6-rest day
    4/7-9

MTD-21
    6/7 days according to plan.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    9fwsnuj8opmf.jpg

Same here in CT. Why? Why are you so angry, Mother Nature? Who hurt you?
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    For those interested and who can remember the web address, I put up a blog post on my gear stuff.... not going to link, since MFP didn't like it last time, and I got a warning.
  • apricotqueen1
    apricotqueen1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Happy that the weather is still really great where I'm at, motivating me to get outside every day! Today I went for a nice 6.15 km, bringing my total to 33.2 for the month.
    A little bit ahead of schedule with 66.8 km to go!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent - LOL at speeding up for the "last 200m" early. FWIW, 200m is about 0.125 miles. It's halfway around a standard outdoor track, a full circuit of a standard indoor track. The idea is that this is about as far as you can run anaerobically at the end of a race without running out of gas.

Still, it's not a bad strategy to speed up just a little where you did, with 1K or so left, assuming you feel that you have the energy to finish the race faster than you have been running. Just don't go for your mile race pace till the last furlong.