Need accountability buddies- let’s lose 25lb by Sept 1

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,371 Member
    Options
    with all these people on this challenge, you think we'll all lose every week? I doubt it. I've been super good, religiously good and the scale hasn't budged. {/quote]

my week was like that last week - my first week on this challenge, and I lost all of 3 ozs. In fact, for the first 3 months of this year, despite joining the gym and turning up religiously, I only shed 4 pound or so. Then in April things finally started to change - then stalled last week - then down again this week. As JuliGiGoolee said - Keep your eye on the bigger prize.
  • TeaRexParty
    TeaRexParty Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I know this started on the 2nd but I'd like to join in. 25lbs is my first weight loss goal because whenever I get under 300lbs I have tons of energy. With having so much to lose I won't have any problem losing that by September.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Go for it, TeaRexParty!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Starting W (May 1 2017) 184
    Interim W (Jan 1 2018) 176.6

April 1st weigh in: 168
    April 14th: 165
    April 21st: 164.8
    April 28th: 163.1

May 1st weigh in: (expect it up compared to April 28 because of Anniversary Dinner Out this weekend)
    June 1st weigh in:
    July 1st weigh in:
    August 1st weigh in:
    September 1st weigh in:
    Ultimate goal: TBD (below 149) => GW by September 1: 158 (10% down from Jan 1)
    GW by Dec 31: 149 (10% down from now)

• Santura
    Santura Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I've never actually done one of these accountability buddy things but I'm down to add anyone who's interested. I can't promise that I'll always be able to check into people, I'm not always on my phone or near it even lol
    SW 125
    GW 115
    Side note: I get I'm not overweight, it's more for small fat loss/toning. And mainly tracking cholesterol.
    I'm doing yoga, so there's that.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    SW on 4/2=205
    CW=197.3
    GW (Sept 1st)=180
    Ultimate goal weight/UGW=150
    Treating myself with a blueberry white chocolate chip pancake! Yum
  • melindamaejones
    melindamaejones Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Please add me as a friend, I have no idea how to add people. I need to drop 25lbs to be where I was last summer.
  • bacapecod
    bacapecod Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this challenge...it's just what I need! I've gained 20+ lbs over the last year and I'm pretty upset with myself. Today I am making different choices about exercise and food. My fabulous news is I'm getting a puppy! I'll be able to get her towards the end of June so will be out for frequent walks.
  • SuzieQ789
    SuzieQ789 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m in, please! I’ve gained 25 pounds in the past three years - stress-eating! I need to get back in control!!
  • bacapecod
    bacapecod Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    4/28/18 Start date today: 162 lbs
    9/1/18 Goal: 132 lbs

How does this work? How do we stay accountable to a buddy?
  • BoboDesi
    BoboDesi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Specifically need accountability for logging calories! Friend requests welcome!
  • KittyGirll
    KittyGirll Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is very much in line with my goal to lose 19 lbs by September. I’m new to taking this weight loss thing seriously and would love to share accountability!

This morning I climbed a very steep hill for 30 mind and came back down for 30 and now o get to eat a little more today! Love that feeling of being able to have more fun with food than on a non exercise day. That’s how I’m working my program... how about you guys?
  • PicklesH123
    PicklesH123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in too, however need to lose more than 25lb. Not sure how you add me to the group
  • mhdashler
    mhdashler Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is making great progress! Here is my monthly update:
    April 1st weigh in: 214
    April 30th weigh in: 210.5
    June 1st weigh in:
    July 1st weigh in:
    August 1st weigh in:
    September 1st goal:189
    Ultimate goal: 185
  • GroverBlue78
    GroverBlue78 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So will make my May weigh in on Wed. But with one month down I am making a plan to fit in exercise in.
  • maggiemayberries
    maggiemayberries Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!
  • REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my next weigh in will not be until May 11th.

SW: 226
    1st GW:200
    Final GW:185
    Last Weigh in: 214 (4/17/18)

Hang in there everyone and keep focused on the prize, we got this!
  • kmt412
    kmt412 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    First week is always lots of water and I was eating poorly the weekend before my first official weigh-in of 4/23 which is when I joined this challenge so here goes:

April 23 weigh in: 180.8 (all time high)
    April 30 weigh in: 174.6
    June 1st weigh in:
    July 1st weigh in:
    August 1st weigh in:
    September 1st goal: 155*
    Ultimate goal: 140* for my wedding in April 2019

*having majorly changed my body composition putting on a lot of muscle and lost a lot of fat. So overall I would like to lose more than 40 lbs of fat for my ultimate goal but gain back muscle
  • iam_brandilei
    iam_brandilei Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m definitely down! Hope it’s not too late. Feel free me to friend me.
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in:
    Last week: 199.8
    This week: 200.4

April 1st weigh in: 203
    Ultimate goal weight: 160

I am upset that I gained this week. I had a 4 day work conference, tried to eat mostly healthy, but had 3 desserts and drank alcohol every day. So I guess I should be happy that I didn’t gain more. I am getting back on track this week!

What a positive attitude. I’m impressed that you you only gained around a half a pound in exchange for desserts and booze. I think I’ll let myself have a treat of I went away for a workcation. Back on track though!