What's the best diet or fitness advice you've ever heard?

Options

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Nothing processed. Stick to real foods. For fitness it must be a form of exercise you enjoy otherwise you will not stick with it.

I don't understand why the food side has a different focus than the exercise side? I found I like running, so I run. I also found I don't like to skip pizza, hamburgers, ice cream etc. so I eat them, withing my calorie goals. I wouldn't last on a diet of "real food" (whatever that is), so I don't try.

It was a big eye opener for me to realize I didn't need to eat what I call "rabbit food" to lose weight. I could eat more or less (usually less) of what I wanted with a focus on calories and protein and lose weight just fine. Yes, I've added more veggies and less potato chips, but it's not a one or the other option for me.

Great point, @tacklewasher.

Enjoy your exercise, but not your food?!? :/

Or enjoy both and do both in moderation. :)

Yeah, but you're a filthy eater.......

:)
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Nothing processed. Stick to real foods. For fitness it must be a form of exercise you enjoy otherwise you will not stick with it.

I don't understand why the food side has a different focus than the exercise side? I found I like running, so I run. I also found I don't like to skip pizza, hamburgers, ice cream etc. so I eat them, withing my calorie goals. I wouldn't last on a diet of "real food" (whatever that is), so I don't try.

It was a big eye opener for me to realize I didn't need to eat what I call "rabbit food" to lose weight. I could eat more or less (usually less) of what I wanted with a focus on calories and protein and lose weight just fine. Yes, I've added more veggies and less potato chips, but it's not a one or the other option for me.

I am, indeed! Samoa pie tonight!

ii9pm727qpjw.jpg

... Wat.

Where can I find this delight? Did you make it? Can I have the recipe? I have so many questions.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    RivenV wrote: »

ii9pm727qpjw.jpg

... Wat.

Where can I find this delight? Did you make it? Can I have the recipe? I have so many questions.

That's just a photo I grabbed off the internet, but yes, I made it. And it's really easy!

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a50134/samoa-pie-recipe/

There are some pictures of my actual pies in this thread...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10498878/looking-for-friends-who-dont-eat-clean-and-healthy#latest
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    Great point, tacklewasher.

BTW, I wouldn't say what you do for exercise is done in moderation. I seen the videos of you lifting and there is nothing "moderate" about it. You frikken kick *kitten* and take names.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,245 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

ii9pm727qpjw.jpg
    [/quote]

I knew I recognized you from somewhere; you're the Bear fan with the Samoa pie. That is so insanely awesome looking. Would you be willing to share the recipe?
    Just remember, Packer fans are people too.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    RivenV wrote: »

ii9pm727qpjw.jpg

... Wat.

That's just a photo I grabbed off the internet, but yes, I made it. And it's really easy!

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a50134/samoa-pie-recipe/

Thank you! You are the Queen of Kindness and Goodness!

044OE.gif
  • quiksylver296
    Options

BTW, I wouldn't say what you do for exercise is done in moderation. I seen the videos of you lifting and there is nothing "moderate" about it. You frikken kick *kitten* and take names.

;)
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2018
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »

ii9pm727qpjw.jpg

I knew I recognized you from somewhere; you're the Bear fan with the Samoa pie. That is so insanely awesome looking. Would you be willing to share the recipe?

I shared it above. You're lucky my favorite uncle is a Packers fan. ;)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,245 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »

ii9pm727qpjw.jpg

I shared it above. You're lucky my favorite uncle is a Packers fan. ;)

Ah I see it, I must have been just a few seconds off of you posting it. I have got to try that, easy as pie eh?

And since all my uncles are gone, your's is my new favorite uncle too. :D
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Probably coming across "Flexible dieting" when I first started using MFP. That has got me a long way.

• xWintersKnightx
    xWintersKnightx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    put the damn fork down.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options

Okay, I posted this before seeing your last video. To anyone who cares, go see her lift video.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10315462/squat-bench-deadlift-snatch-c-j-post-your-best-videos#latest
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    @tacklewasher Really?!? :blushing:
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    "Never give up".
  • george5911
    george5911 Posts: 3,910 Member
    Options
    Less is more.

If you notice your own results day to day, you're going to fast and bound to come undone.