Replies

• NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Cheese graters and knuckles
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    One-ply toilet paper. Why does it even exist? I think it's pretty crappy!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Swimming in lakes as a kid I was terrified fish would bite my toes. :lol:
    I still feel uneasy in water I can't really see in to. I generally stick to swimming pools once every 8 years lol.

Ha, try swimming in the Chesapeake Bay then. A good day you may have a half a foot visibility. :wink:
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Heights would be my worst fear I feel like I'm going to faint.
    After that Big Spiders (I can deal with smaller ones) Wolf Spiders... fak no!

With my anxiety next would be line ups. When I had really bad anxiety this was more of a problem
    but after coping with my issue it is less but still in the back of my mind.
    Sometime rather starve at my desk then go out to buy lunch and wait in a line up.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I had a spider today on the right side of the front glass of my car. I noticed it while driving. I didn’t want to turn right in fear the spider would launch at me.

There was a huge dead spider in my room last night. I've been ignoring it so far. I know if I go near it, it will get me, even if it's dead.
  • ScrambledPlaird
    ScrambledPlaird Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have never been stung by a bee (or any other flying, stinging insect), but I’m deathly afraid of bees. I know they’re not as aggressive as wasps/yellow jackets/hornets (which also scare me), but I still have a strong urge to run away whenever one gets within two feet of me.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I had a spider today on the right side of the front glass of my car. I noticed it while driving. I didn’t want to turn right in fear the spider would launch at me.

There was a huge dead spider in my room last night. I've been ignoring it so far. I know if I go near it, it will get me, even if it's dead.

:D it would have totally attacked your face!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    That my weed-whacker would cut my feet off at the ankle.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Dying while working out :s It crosses my mind during every workout.
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I have an irrational fear of people touching the arch of the bottom of my foot.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    can u have irrational fear of death when death is imminent for each of us anyways

Yes....death is nothing to fear.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    can u have irrational fear of death when death is imminent for each of us anyways

Well.. it’s inevitable but not necessarily imminent, so I think the fear of death is legit
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Well.. it’s inevitable but not necessarily imminent, so I think the fear of death is legit

tbf with the advent of technology there are a lot of strange and horrific ways to die in the world so its not unfounded that it could happen suddenly and without warning.
    like getting sucked out of a plane is pretty high on my list at the moment and i haven't been on a plane in years. but i think if it happened, i mean, you're gonna fall for a few minutes i'd imagine. like long enough to scream and run out of breath and then scream some more most likely.

I reject that one because if you’re falling at terminal velocity for more than two minutes, you are at least 20,000 feet up. However, most planes cruise around 40,000 feet and at that altitude the depressurization would knock you unconscious in as little as ten seconds depending on your heart rate, which, if you’re freefalling at 9.8 m/s/s I suspect is pretty high. I submit that this would be a pleasant way to go. Except for the 10-20 seconds of sheer terror.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

tbf with the advent of technology there are a lot of strange and horrific ways to die in the world so its not unfounded that it could happen suddenly and without warning.
    like getting sucked out of a plane is pretty high on my list at the moment and i haven't been on a plane in years. but i think if it happened, i mean, you're gonna fall for a few minutes i'd imagine. like long enough to scream and run out of breath and then scream some more most likely.

I reject that one because if you’re falling at terminal velocity for more than two minutes, you are at least 20,000 feet up. However, most planes cruise around 40,000 feet and at that altitude the depressurization would knock you unconscious in as little as ten seconds depending on your heart rate, which, if you’re freefalling at 9.8 m/s/s I suspect is pretty high. I submit that this would be a pleasant way to go. Except for the 10-20 seconds of sheer terror.

oh im sure you would pass out from it quickly, but i wonder if you'd wake back up too? then the screaming would probably commence.

me personally im gonna flap my arms either way just because you never know it could work.

This is why I always wear zubaz when I fly. Sometimes you just need a backup chute, nome sayin