Irrational Fears

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I believe a fear of death is irrational. Being alive can be painful. All evidence of being dead points to being non existent, I would believe non existent is not painful, physicallyh or emotionally. The fear of death only exists in the brain thatg is working and not comprehending that non existence is nothing to fear.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    I believe a fear of death is irrational. Being alive can be painful. All evidence of being dead points to being non existent, I would believe non existent is not painful, physicallyh or emotionally. The fear of death only exists in the brain thatg is working and not comprehending that non existence is nothing to fear.

So maybe it’s more accurate to say people aren’t afraid of being dead, but the process of getting dead is kinda scary and probably hurts
  • bojack3
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

So maybe it’s more accurate to say people aren’t afraid of being dead, but the process of getting dead is kinda scary and probably hurts

Yeah....that's a fair point.

I also don't think people grasp not existing and it gives them anxiety.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Yeah....that's a fair point.

I also don't think people grasp not existing and it gives them anxiety.

I have no problem grasping not existing. I take naps every day and I’ve been in junior high
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Mice or cockroaches in the house... I will run out of there faster than the speed of light, never to return.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    When someone is behind me for what I feel is too long, I'll make random turns before I drive to my house just to lose them. :blush:
  • bojack3
    Options

What about sufferance? What about regret?

What about them? None of which you feel when you are dead. Maybe right before death.....maybe right now while thinking about death. But once that brain shuts off, none of it matters anymore.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Like me, for example.. I can’t stand when a single hair is touching me in the tub. The sensation drives me insane. What things are you overly particular about?

I don't like when things touch me in water.