Irrational Fears

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Irrational Fears? Not sure they are irrational, but....Not crazy about heights or enclosed spaces.

Tried skydiving, rappelling and zip line tours to overcome it. I can force myself to confront these fears, but I can't overcome them.

Rational fears? That I would live one second longer than one of my kids. Or my wife, for that matter. Selfish. I know.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    A spider coming down while I’m driving
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i hate ladders (climbing) but not afraid of heights
  • bojack3 wrote: »
    My life as a professional athlete ended this past week. It means nothing in reality, but it scared me to admit it was done. And i was slighlty embarrassed that it did.

Endings are almost always disheartening, especially when we identify so strongly with what has been ripped away from us... but the future is looking good from where I stand, and I know you will take you will take this new hand and use it for something positive... :*
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I dropped something down the garbage disposal today and had to reach in and get it. All I could think about was the disposal mysteriously turning on with my hand in it. :grimace:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    I'm claustrophobic AF.

I would rather have someone shoot me than go through a Baby Jessica event.
  • lousiabates30
    lousiabates30 Posts: 14 Member
    Dolls, puppets, mannequins etc

100% come to life & try kill you!!!!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Tests (those things students endure)! Long story short, I failed an important junior high test on a mere technicality, and have never looked/will never look at exams the same ever again. LSATs are gonna be a waking nightmare!
  • xFreudianSlip
    xFreudianSlip Posts: 45 Member
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Anything that has to do with the eyes. I fear the ophthalmologist because of the light and air puffs being shot into my eyes. I can't ever watch someone put in contact lenses. Hell, I can't even put eye drops into my own eyes.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Being buried alive in an avalanche, but I'm an avid skier and frequently go off trail into no mans land.
  • draftsman28
    draftsman28 Posts: 98 Member
    Accidentally walking thru a spider web!
  • Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member
    I'm terrified of slugs.
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    That someone will berate me instantly, the moment I pick up a unknown phone call
  • Cockroaches
  • *kitten*,roaches

If you put a comma in there it gives all new meaning

Yes but then I would be lying
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,177 Member
    I won’t order at a drive thru.

I’ll park and go in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um30Lbu6-nc
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    the "not enough" not smart enough, not rich enough, not pretty enough, not strong enough, not funny enough...the ":not enoughs"
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    The hand that reaches out from under the bed and will grab my ankles if I am too close. I have no shame, I will jump as far to the door as I can.