Replies

• bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Gas stoves and parking lots
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Spiders & Ear wigs.. They're creepy, bity and gross.

I also have an irrational fear of drowning. Like swimming in a river and suddenly getting sucked downstream to my death. It even sets off anxious feelings watching my dogs swim in rivers. If I'm on a boat in a lake (even on something pretty safe like a pontoon boat) a slight fear of sinking in the middle of the lake looms in the back of my head. I can repress this fear pretty easily and have fun anyways, but still. I'm pretty sure the source of this was when a storm flooded our boat when I was 4. In my 4 year old mind, we were marooned and were going to die a watery death. The reality was, my dad hopped out of the boat, and walked it to shore, lol. We were in like 3ft deep water. :lol: We may be on a chartered fishing trip on the gulf coast this summer. Fun, right? I'm actually pretty excited as I have never fished on the ocean before. But, I'm sure images of the show " I shouldn't be alive" will be running through my head at first when we get on the boat. :flushed:
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    Fear of someone breaking into my home at night when I am there alone.

Been there, done that. Twice. It's not that big a deal. Of course, neither of them were armed and there was only one each time. So that was probably a big factor

Um....what?
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I saw a dracula movie when I was little and ever since I've slept with my ears covered with the blanket.

Then I saw this move about vampire bites and they attacked this guy's face and into his mouth and stuff so then I started sleeping with my mouth covered with the blanket.

THEN I had a night where I had a mosquito go ham in my ear for like 2 minutes and I was emotionally scarred, so now I sleep with my ears covered.

I'm literally suffocated by blanket.

Then I'm also convinced because I'm SO afraid of sharks, it is surely the way I will die.

I'm also pretty fearful on my daily commute when we go through the Lincoln Tunnel - I'm so nervous the water is gonna burst through and I'm going to drown.

I now have heightened anxiety after reliving these through typing them haha
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I love to watch lightning, but I am afraid of thunder.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Getting a flat tire on the hwy

cash flying away when it comes out the atm

• go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Getting a flat tire on the hwy

This happened to me last year...it sucks! Changing a tire at rush hour is a little unnerving. I told myself I would get AAA or something but I kind of forgot about it.

It does really suck, though.

Omg you enhanced my dear cause a flat during rush hour is like nail biting scary to me
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I used to have a fear of flying cockroaches. If one got in a room I would freak out and scream so bad I was paralyzed. Then I lived in a terrible apartment next to a restaurant and I had to get over that fear!

Ever since I was a child I've been afraid to walk over grates on sidewalks. I was afraid they would give way or something would come up through them.

My father in law is desperately afraid of popsicle sticks. He is afraid of getting splinters in his tongue. He is so afraid that if you even say the words "popsicle stick" you can make him writhe.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Cockroaches crawling up the drain when I’m using the sink or shower (and in a cockroach-prone zone).

Also terrified semis are going to swerve into my lane when I’m passing.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    When I lose someone reasonably close to me, there is usually a period of time when I get super panicky about any person being even like 5 minutes late. A coworker I don't even like is 5 minutes late to the office and my mind immediately thinks "dead on the highway"...it sucks.
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I saw a news story once when I was younger about a family who found snakes in their toliet...that freaked me out for life
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Making or getting phone calls. Thang goodness texting came about
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    fdhunt1 wrote: »
    My first & second ex-wives.

That's not irrational