Really???

So I could eat a McDonald’s and chocolate cake in one day as long as I don’t go over 1,600 cals and I’ll still loose weight? Why does slimming world say no to chocolate and takeaways if that’s the case??

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    You can eat whatever you want that still fits your calorie deficit goal and lose weight.
    Whether you will feel full and satisfied and meet your nutritional needs with that use of your calories is another story.

I assume Slimming World is selling you a service or plan. You'd have to ask whoever told you that why they say no chocolate or takeaways but most weight loss industry types don't want to tell you it is just calories because then you would have no reason to pay them.

A quick look on Slimming World website response to Can I eat whatever I want? is "No food is banned at Slimming World, so the short answer is yes! But you'll likely find yourself naturally choosing healthy foods on your journey." From https://www.slimmingworld.com Looking more on the site it appears that they assume people do not overeat foods that are considered free foods. That may or may not be true for you.

Calorie counting is free and straight foward. The MFP app is easy to use.
    If you want to pay for a slimming world or weight watchers or someone else to tell you what to do then go for it.
  • Slu13
    Slu13 Posts: 44 Member
    Thanks everyone. I am doing ok but I seem to be going over my sugar and fat allowance but under calories. Is that ok?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    staceyuden wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I am doing ok but I seem to be going over my sugar and fat allowance but under calories. Is that ok?

In terms of weight loss, yes. But make sure your nutrition overall is adequate.