17 pounds in 5 weeks

Replies

• 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    I'd keep doing what your doing for the next 4 weeks and then low salt, low carb in the last week and no strenuous exercise 3-4 days prior to the weigh in.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Unpopular opinion here-
    Could it be done? Sure.

Is it a good idea? Probably not..

My first go at losing weight I went from 198 to 130 in less than 6 months, losing around 3 lbs per week.
    (I had a terrible rebound and gained all the weight back within a few months though. I was just very uneducated about the process, and didn't understand how to maintain the loss. And I thought since I was eating more than 1200 calories I was doing things 'right'. Sigh.)

So what do you do now? Are you trying to lose weight again in a healthier way again?.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Kst76 wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion here-
    Could it be done? Sure.

Is it a good idea? Probably not..

My first go at losing weight I went from 198 to 130 in less than 6 months, losing around 3 lbs per week.
    (I had a terrible rebound and gained all the weight back within a few months though. I was just very uneducated about the process, and didn't understand how to maintain the loss. And I thought since I was eating more than 1200 calories I was doing things 'right'. Sigh.)

So what do you do now? Are you trying to lose weight again in a healthier way again?.

Yes, now I follow the 1% bw suggestion (or less) and determine my calories based off my actual TDEE data. (I maintain on about 2800 calories right now. if I tried to take the generic '1200' recommendation it would be a bad time..)
    I also have implemented diet breaks where I sort of get to practice eating at maintenance before I reach my goal weight. I feel like it will make for a much easier transition to maintain once I get to my goal weight.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    gotta ask - what kind of job is this for???
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Could try Lyle McDonald’s Protein Sparing Modified fast. It’s good for short term weight loss. I must admit I’ve never tried it myself though but you might want to try it.
  • ffswmn
    ffswmn Posts: 30 Member
    bikecheryl wrote: »
    I'd also perhaps mention to them the great progress you've made in bringing your BMI down already. They may be impressed with your dedication.

THIS!!!

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    karen8787 wrote: »
    if you are not already, do HIIT everyday. that always spurs a quick weight loss for me if i go on a 2 week HIIT binge. Also, google Fat Fast.

HIIT and keto, yaaay! Don't forget intermittent fasting and apple cider vinegar also, he might as well fill up the woo bingo card all at once! :D

That's right! Touch it once and be done with it! Too funny. We can always count on your for a smile and a chuckle!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    ffswmn wrote: »
    bikecheryl wrote: »
    I'd also perhaps mention to them the great progress you've made in bringing your BMI down already. They may be impressed with your dedication.

THIS!!!

Exactly what I was going to suggest. Not sure what kind of job this is....I might have missed that detail....but there has been considerable success here and a HUGE effort put forth. Shoot....I would hire you on the spot after heaing about your success and effort (I have a decidedly different attitude as to what "failure" is vs. what "success" is....to me, failure is giving up. Everything else is "success in progress"!).
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    So, 17lbs in five weeks. Possible? Yes. Probably? Maybe. Good idea? Depends. Not likely, on paper, anyway. Everyone is different and everyone responds to stimulus differently. Could I loose 17lbs in five weeks (I am 51, stand 6'0" and weigh 215lbs - at the moment...up from 202lbs). Probably. In fact, if I HAD to (what I determined to be a "HAD TO" situation) then I like my chances. Would I be a pleasant human being during this process? HELL NO!

The *right* answer is "Don't do it, man!". The real world answer is "Man, this is gonna be tough and you are not going to be a nice person in this time period and you - depending on the job - might really struggle". No one can decide for you. I do not envy you this task.

So, to answer the question......without my opinion or thoughts now....

Pardon the question - but for what kind of job is this? Again, I might have missed that point. Can't really answer without knowing.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Hey, that makes it tough.......does your past progress count? Or, is it "where are you right now?" And, I know a lot of the police officers here in Winston-Salem. There are FOR SURE some bigger dudes. I know two or three of them well (they hang out at the Starbucks that I frequent). I am very confident that they would not pass any BMI requirements....they admit it themselves! Best of luck.....do you, man! I truly hope that things work out for you. If not this year.....depends on how stringent they want to be.....then use it as motivation for next year and kick *kitten* (diet and training) in the next 12 months and show them what they missed out on....
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    So did you get the job?