'you're fat therefore you were eating too much food'... NO

Options

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Your premise is, well, wrong. Yes, they were eating too much. People can lose weight eating nothing but cake. But if they eat too much cake, they will gain weight.

How calorie dense the food is determines what too much of the food is. In calorie dense food, less volume is still too much. So yes, they were eating too much.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Yup, eating too much [wrong kind of] food. That's my story.......

And I'm sticking to it!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of seeing this 'logic' splashed over the boards. I ate less when I was big than I do now. I just ate different, more calorific food.

4 donuts OR 2 bananas, an apple, and 20 grapes. I'm eating so much more now.
    Calorie-density.jpg
  • DiabolicBooger
    DiabolicBooger Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    people tend to use medical conditions as excuses for their over eating. like everyone else I here stated, You are dead wrong!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    OP:
    I think you might be a bit con.fus.ed.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    1/10 for incorrectness
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    When they say you're fat therefore you were eating too much, they mean calories. Which is true by the way.
    stupidity1.jpg
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    OP are you for realz? That makes NO sense!!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    In on roll bread
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    OP:
    I think you might be a bit con.fus.ed.

I for one am very confused. I don't really understand how eating too much and being fat is not at all like, well, eating too much and being fat.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I love the irony of you quoting "logic" in your OP and then using false logic.

At least you spelled "you're" correctly.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    False logic. Too much food does not mean that your piece of cake was too big; it means too many calories.

The volume of food you eat has nothing to do with the number of calories it contains.

Hmmm... this feels a bit like the lb of fat vs lb of muscle debate.

OP - Volume is implied!

You can have a cup of almonds for 700+ calories or you can have a cup of blueberries for 80 calories.

Volume isn't implied. There is no corellation between calories and volume. When people say too much food, they mean too many calories
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I *think* what she meant was bulk. Like, number of bites or actual mass of the food. It's easy to eat a relatively small mass of food and gain weight if that food is high in calories. But many people think that if you're fat you must be a glutton that's stuffing your face constantly all day, and that's just not true.
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of seeing this 'logic' splashed over the boards. I ate less when I was big than I do now. I just ate different, more calorific food. When people say they are struggling to get to calories it's sometimes because they are genuine about doing this and they have restricted themselves to lean meat, veges, and not much else, all really low fat and low cal, because that is what they heard for years and they don't know that there is another, more effective way.

People being sanctimonious and throwing about the 'you must know how to eat because you're fat' line is ridiculous. Everyones scenario is a little bit different and while the same solution (in variations) will work for everyone, NOT everyone is fat because they ate too much bulk of food, their balance was simply off. Or, like me, they had an accident and that, coupled with a thyroid problem and (at the time) ignorance of BMR led me to put on weight.

end rant :p

sparta-banana.gif
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    MonstersIncBooSleepy30f.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    30547-Yeah-science-gif-9HyV.gif
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Eat more to weigh less
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I *think* what she meant was bulk. Like, number of bites or actual mass of the food. It's easy to eat a relatively small mass of food and gain weight if that food is high in calories. But many people think that if you're fat you must be a glutton that's stuffing your face constantly all day, and that's just not true.

She did mean bulk.

Which is weird, because that's not what anybody else means.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ma5j3sllLa1qe5i2i.gif
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3f8m4HXfd1qk0mslo1_400.gif