Fast Food; are there any heathy choices?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• heidicalif
    heidicalif Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    To answer the original question - chipotle is always a decent go to. Salads or bol's,

I just discovered Chipotle's salads the other day. I couldn't believe how good they were. I told my wife that if she wasn't there I probably would have had the burrito, but after eating the salad I changed my mind. I would have to say that was probably one of the best salads I have ever had. It was the Chicken, half cup of brown rice, black beans, and a couple types of salsa. No need for any salad dressing. 540 Calories of pure bliss and I was full afterwards. Almost to the point of stuffed :-)

That does sound good. I don't think I've been to Chipotle's before.
    It is quite good--warning (since you mentioned turkey bacon i am guessing you try to keep to some kosher rules while out and because some restaurants are better than others at labeling this). Pinto beans are cooked with pork, so if that's a no go, opt for the black beans. They are meat-free.

Our Albuquerque, NM locations all changed to a vegan pinto over the summer. They have signs up all over the place advertising it. :)
  • mirsasha
    mirsasha Posts: 27
    Options
    My "go-to" fast food items for when I'm not in the mood for a fast food salad (I usually can't stand that they often have chilled chicken sitting on the salad all day) are the Chicken Fajita pita at Jack in the Box (326 calories, 24 g protein) or the Roast Turkey and Swiss wrap from Arbys (490 calories, but I don't like mayo, so I have them hold that which saves a few calories too)