How do you get over an ex?

Options

Replies

• Max_Adams25
    Max_Adams25 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @slimgirljo15 thanks for the kind words :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    @slimgirljo15 thanks for the kind words :)

You're welcome.. I know its tough especially as its more circumstances that pulled you apart.
    Im sorry your dad isn't well .
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    If it’s meant to be it’ll be, baby just let it be. Maybe you will, maybe you won’t.
    Maybe you do, maybe you don’t!

Damn you. As if I don't hear that song every 5 minutes on the radio.
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Just move on to the next... no use crying over spilt milk.
    Or...
    Go with @kinetixtrainer2 advice.. it’s legit. He’s made millions on those words.
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    @Avocado_AS5 we were together 3 years.lived together for 2 years. Difficult because we didnt fall out of love. His work permit ran out and I didnt move with to US as my dad is ill and I cant leave him.

This is heatbreaking...sorry for the circumstances & I'm sorry about your dad being ill...

If he feels the same can't y'all do long distance until you can find a way to be together??
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Otherwise I agree with what most everyone said which is time will heal you & staying busy & focusing on yourself during this difficult time period...i have found moving on eventually does help mend you but obviously you should stay focused on you before jumping into something..
  • Max_Adams25
    Max_Adams25 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @Healthyhunny231567 are you actually Zooey?
  • missygirl1969
    missygirl1969 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    For me personally. I believe on focusing all that energy on improving yourself. You live only once. If it was meant to be it will be back. But you can't make someone something or feel something they don't. Only you can control what you do.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,132 Member
    Options
    If it’s meant to be it’ll be, baby just let it be. Maybe you will, maybe you won’t.
    Maybe you do, maybe you don’t!

Damn you. As if I don't hear that song every 5 minutes on the radio.

Of course Mel, anytime !
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Ideas?

A trip to Las Vegas and an extra five thousand dollars to burn.

Dont forget the Peyote

....... it's already in the glove compartment, with the ether.

That's the only thing that really worries me.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @km8907 "kitten" ?

First, sorry for your emotional upheaval. As many have already suggested, give it time. Second, "*kitten*" is what this site automatically substitutes (censors) for "bad" words such as *kitten*, *kitten*, *kitten*, etc. PS- regarding the 6 buttons at the bottom, the consensus seems to be that a "woo" is a pejorative.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Imma just leave this here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Please read and heed.

This discussion has been slightly cleaned up to get rid of content that violated the above.

:flowerforyou:
    JustSomeEm
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    @caco_ethes why are you making up things in your head? You know nothing about me or situation.

You misunderstood me. Someone suggested s/he was your ex because you had a profile pic with someone else. I said if that’s the reason they ended your relationship then you dodged a bullet.

No assumptions about you specifically. Just saying petty jealousy in general doesn’t make for a happy relationship
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Block delete all info and stay busy

This. A clean break is by far the best, anything else impedes your ability to heal. Delete and block from everything, don't contact and tell her not to contact you. Start the healing process and move on. Don't date until you're healed and ready, you'll be just be dragging someone else into your *kitten*.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    I had sex with hundreds of women after my divorce. Oh and got a puppy.....

Yikes
  • The_Canadian_Apex
    The_Canadian_Apex Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You may never truly, completely get over them. There are always going to be things in your life that remind you of them, that bring up the great memories you shared. The best thing I can suggest is to focus on other things that make you happy, smile, and laugh. Before you know it, you will find that even though your ex may still hold a special place in your heart, you are finally ready to find happiness with yourself and eventually with someone else. Best of luck to you.
  • Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    @Avocado_AS5 we were together 3 years.lived together for 2 years. Difficult because we didnt fall out of love. His work permit ran out and I didnt move with to US as my dad is ill and I cant leave him.

Sorry, I'm late to this. It's much harder when you didn't fall out of love and circumstances are out of your control. I lost my fiancé 4 years ago in a car wreck and I'm finally realizing there's really no getting over it. You just move on and live your life the best way you can. Be thankful for the things you do have. Stay in touch, remain his friend, and who knows what could happen later on.
  • SpicyMeatball82
    SpicyMeatball82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Find yourself again. Go out with friends your ex didn’t like. Eat at places you always wanted to try but they didn’t want too. Spend time with your family. Get a hobby or pick back up on an old hobby you loved. Humans have a knack for precisely choosing what’s the worst for us! You will be fine.