Less Alcohol- May 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    You probably react badly to the tannins in wine that are not present in vodka. This is what is dumb about me. I know how to drink with very little hangover. Why didn't I spend that time figuring out I shouldn't be drinking instead of how to get away with it?

The tannins are somewhat common knowledge. I won't share my other tricks as it would be counter-productive to this thread.

Happy Memorial Day to All and a special thanks to current and past members of our armed forces.

We are two peas in a pod. Sadly, I too know what is best (at least for me personally) to not get hangovers. The crushing headaches from the tannins in wine are exactly why I can’t get into wine.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I just hear Nathan Lane in The Bird Cage shrieking “TANNINS??!!!”

Have a great, successful weekend, all.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I could never handle red wine, but was fine with white, which might have something to do with tannins.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day weekend to all. And to those in the military or have lost loved ones, thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Went to a BBQ last night and had white wine. Too much. Where did I just read, "alcohol wants more alcohol" ? I don't have a hangover but I did have the usual night sweats and pounding heart at 2 am right on cue. I will set the modest goal of finishing off this holiday weekend AF. @JulieAL1969 Im starting the AE challenge again. I didn't have the time to put into it last time and buzzed through half the lessons.

Did I mention our house is now under contract? The first couple to look at it put a contract on it. I feel quite relieved. Now to pack which is always fun lol.

Have a healthy day, Everyone! XO
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    @kittybenn That can happen! I think wine is way worse than just a soda and vodka. It affects me more. It keeps me up and I have a bad sleep. Hope tonight you catch up on a good night's rest.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    ErynVee wrote: »
    Continuing to be able to go out and just have 1, maybe 2, and go home and not continue the usual cycle. Proud of this little bit of progress so far. This has been a busy week so I've been out and about more. Today has been more about relaxing at home, cooking healthy meals, and drinking lots of water. Feeling better for sure.

Happy Memorial Day to all! And thanks to all past/current military members for their service.

Sounds like you are making good progress and moderating well. Happy for you! Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @Orphia Amazing run! You are well prepared for the race. And your heart isn't taxed extra by alcohol. It's all good!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    You probably react badly to the tannins in wine that are not present in vodka. This is what is dumb about me. I know how to drink with very little hangover. Why didn't I spend that time figuring out I shouldn't be drinking instead of how to get away with it?

The tannins are somewhat common knowledge. I won't share my other tricks as it would be counter-productive to this thread.

Happy Memorial Day to All and a special thanks to current and past members of our armed forces.

We are two peas in a pod. Sadly, I too know what is best (at least for me personally) to not get hangovers. The crushing headaches from the tannins in wine are exactly why I can’t get into wine.

Seriously, I have the worst hangovers. I wonder what your secret is to not getting them.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @WinoGelato Sounds like a beautiful weekend in nature!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    ErynVee wrote: »
    Continuing to be able to go out and just have 1, maybe 2, and go home and not continue the usual cycle. Proud of this little bit of progress so far. This has been a busy week so I've been out and about more. Today has been more about relaxing at home, cooking healthy meals, and drinking lots of water. Feeling better for sure.

Happy Memorial Day to all! And thanks to all past/current military members for their service.

I have a really hard time breaking patterns so that seems like amazing progress to me. I would be proud too.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    bukowskx wrote: »
    I'd love to commit to a dry June, I have all of my exams and I know that it is a big factor in my weight gain!!

Welcome and I hope you attain your goal.