RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Surprised myself, but I stuck with it, thank you

Congrats! So happy for you!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Can't say I have been cookie, candy or junk free however! Weaning myself back to a good plan again!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @donimfp - thank you. Yes, we do need to practice self compassion, realize our mistakes and try to move on.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    Just finished going to my birth town because of Dad passing. What a tough week with much to do and grief. Even got a ticket. Don't the police ever give warnings anymore?? It wasn't done on purpose.Usually I drink and heavily having to deal with family members. Still had to deal with "xxxx" from certain family even though we postponed the service to a few months from now. If it wasn't for Dad, I wouldn't even feel like doing this service. Some cities in the US are known to promote and do more drinking than others, too. Had to deal with all of it in one week. Still AF. Truly a miracle. And I told you just some of it all. I have to catch up on you all now.

My sympathies to you. Sometimes other family members can really test our resolve to stay positive and loving. I bet you dealt with your grief quite differently being Af than if you would have been drinking away the pain. Are you on our June thread?