Replies

• amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Found it in the challenge section! :D
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome. This is in the "Challenges" section. When the June thread shows up you might want to use the bookmark feature (the star at the top right of the thread) to follow it more easily.
  • amberellen12
    Options
    Great idea! Bookmarked it!
  • Becky_CM
    Becky_CM Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Will you guys be doing this in June? I want to have a dry June! I have plans to go to Nebraska/SD the end of July to see family I haven't seen in more than 20 years, and to meet a first cousin I was just matched with on Ancestry. She was adopted out and I was her key to her Bio father connection. It's extremely exciting! So I want to lose what weight I can! I also was just diagnosed with Occipital Neuralgia, and I'm tempted to try a nerve block, but I would much rather stop drinking and see if that with give me enough relief.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Becky_CM wrote: »
    Will you guys be doing this in June? I want to have a dry June! I have plans to go to Nebraska/SD the end of July to see family I haven't seen in more than 20 years, and to meet a first cousin I was just matched with on Ancestry. She was adopted out and I was her key to her Bio father connection. It's extremely exciting! So I want to lose what weight I can! I also was just diagnosed with Occipital Neuralgia, and I'm tempted to try a nerve block, but I would much rather stop drinking and see if that with give me enough relief.

Yes, the June thread will be posted in day or two:)
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Hi Friends,
    I created the new June thread: Less Alcohol- June 2018 -One Day at a Time. Please paste a link to this May thread if you can.
    Before we switch over, let us know how you did for May.
    Then, join us on the June thread. And let us know your goals for the new month.

• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    My May was pretty bad after a nice AF streak in April that ended May 6 with ONE glass of wine at a play. Unfortunately I don’t think I can give myself any “passes” at this point.

My intention is for a dry June as I prepare to go out to work after telecommuting for 20 years (yikes!). My new job begins in August and I intend to concentrate on self care in June and July (including AF living) in preparation so that I look and feel my best.

My last day in my 2-decade editing job is this Thursday and I’m not going to attempt to be AF until my lady-of-leisure months begin Friday. I’m glad this group will be here!
  • amberellen12
    Options
    I had 20 out of 28 alcohol free days in May. My Dry January app says I saved $350, 11,000 calories, and cut down 180 units this month.
    Overall, I am pretty happy with my month. And since the start of the year I remained AF for 142 days and saved $2487.
    I am planning on 30 days of AF this new month BUT I will give myself a pass two times.

Could you share what the name of your app is. I tried looking for my dry app. Thank you.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @amberellen12 It's called Dry January. I have an iphone.
  • amberellen12
    Options
    @amberellen12 It's called Dry January. I have an iphone.

Thank you!
  • harryt5962
    harryt5962 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a fresh start! This month, join our thread by commenting and telling us what your moderation goals may be. Do you want to take a month off from alcohol and see how it feels? Do you want to share your tips, advice and problems you had reducing or quitting alcohol? Do you want to reduce and readjust your consumption patterns? Whatever you choose, we are here for you. We are a non-judgemental, friendly, supportive group of people. Join us on a journey to less alcohol, one day at a time. Xo

• RubyRed427
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    My second granddaughter, Cara, was born today. My daughter, my son in law and their first daughter who is not even 2 yet, need me too, and they need me sober. In the list she left me ( I am caring for the toddler while they are in hospital) it said, "please do not drink". Well, talk about feeling shame. I didn't say one word about it. I have never drank while watching her child but my daughter has seen me tipsy enough times that she thought to put that on the list. It's humbling and mortifying and I am glad she wrote it down for me to see. I'm watching videos and reading my books and doing the work. I have to get this monkey off my back once and for all though after seeing that I have ZERO desire to have any.

Congrats Jen! A new beautiful baby in the family! You have great motivation to quit!