Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

"Natural foods" vs "others"

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I was reading this thread yesterday and thinking I should pick up some Doritos. Haven't had them in a long time. And then the "free Friday" offering email from the grocery store came in and it is Doritos!

Think I may need to pick up some tin foil at the store too. :D

http://www.quirkbooks.com/post/worst-case-wednesday-how-make-effective-tinfoil-hat

Make sure your pets are protected too...

https://www.amazon.com/Archie-McPhee-Foil-Hats-Conspiracy/dp/B07C169XZT/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1525548822&sr=8-25&keywords=tinfoil+hat

Those look like cat head sized underwear!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    nettiklive wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    nettiklive wrote: »
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I found the secret to a zesty Mac and cheese, from a careful reading of the commercial ingredient list. I add dry mustard powder or curry. For that attractive orange colour, a little paprika.

My kids loved cream cheese with beet juice as color. It came out a pinkish red color and it was fun for them.
    My poor kids getting hypnotized and drawn in by the fun color of beets. What a terrible mom I was. Lol

No you weren't, because you chose a natural method to add that color. Why didn't you just add in food coloring? According to the thread, there is no benefit in using beet juice instead of red food dye.
    Waiting for the argument now that red dye is actually made from insects so it's in fact natural...

I'm only up to here in this fun and fascinating thread, but I just had to post this:

(From two years ago)

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/08/news/companies/kraft-mac-and-cheese-recipe/index.html

Notice anything different about your mac & cheese lately?
    No? Don't worry, nobody else did either.

Kraft Heinz removed artificial preservatives, flavors and dyes from its mac & cheese recipe in December. To keep its yellow-orange glow, Kraft swapped out artificial food colors, including yellow 5 and yellow 6, for natural spices like paprika, annatto and turmeric.

The company is calling it "the world's largest blind taste test."

I didn't because i haven't eaten it since I was 12 and we were broke just-arrived immigrants getting our food from a food bank (in case anyone thinks my 'elitist' views stem from being privileged all my life).
    But good for Kraft. And again proves my point. More and more companies are now doing this and increasingly these artificial additives are getting pushed to the sidelines of the market. Because consumers are becoming more aware of the importance of what they are eating and demanding it. Why though? I mean, according to this thread, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with any of this stuff in our food. Why then are companies bothering to remove it?

For the same reason Coke (or was it Pepsi?) removed aspartame from their diet version; marketing to the woo.

Thanks to social media, we now live in a post-factual world... Facts don't matter - only feelings. And chemicalz are scary.

Well to be fair any company selling a product to the public only cares about public opinion, they have no reason to care about anything else. I don't really blame them except I feel that they perhaps misread their market by listening to the loudest amongst them rather than the majority. I think the majority of people care more about the taste than what particular sweetener is in their drink, although I could be wrong.