38 lbs and I can't see a difference - pics

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    You're smaller, but retaining the same shape. That's probably why you don't notice the difference. If you're just trying to attain weight loss with just diet and cardio alone, almost all the time you'll just end up as a smaller version of your heavier self.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You may not see it but I can... Your arms, legs, hips, tummy, and boobs are all much smaller, and while there's a bit of cellulite in the top picture I don't really see any in the bottom one. You also look much more toned overall in the second pic, it's obvious that your muscles are in much better shape than they were. You're doing amazing, don't be so hard on yourself.... I sometimes feel like I can't see a difference in myself - until I put on jeans that haven't fit since high school. Keep up the awesome work, and feel free to add me, I could use some friends on here, especially ones who are doing as well as you. :)

EXACTLY I was thinking the same thing. You are looking FABULOUS!!!
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference! You look great and so much smaller!
  • Sheboogey
    Options
    Trust me, there is definitely a difference. Starting from the top down, your face, neck, shoulders, arms, breast, stomach and legs have all transformed for the better. Don't ever be discouraged, stay positive and keep up the good work!
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hell yes, I see a difference!

Your whole body appears smaller. It is especially noticeable in your mid section and in your chest.

Don't give up. Keep working towards reaching your goals.

MB
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    BIG DIFFERENCE!

Your face, arms and legs show it the most, but I think your overall shape is smoother and more firm.

You're doing so well!
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You have two different types of swimsuits on silly! :] I can see the difference and GREAT JOB!!
  • benno1978
    benno1978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    specsavers.jpg

jk

There is a big difference

Keep up the hard work
  • guif
    guif Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    There is a difference just not as big as you want to see. It was the same for me, and being under 5 foot, 20 pounds should make a huge difference it didn't really seem to I exercised but it was mainly walking some cardio. This past month I started working with a trainer, not to get bulky but to get better balance and tone muscles,,,,maybe develop some muscles, LOL. This past month I have lost 5.5 inches off my waist, 3 off the hips and an inch or so off everywhere else, but I only lost 7 pounds. The fat is turning to muscle, and that muscle takes up A LOT less room than the blubber. I'm stronger, able to move better, and for the first time in about a decade my knee doesn't kill me constantly. That is what worked for me I hope you find what you need too!:wink:
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    It looks like you lost quite a bit in your waist, to be honest. Who does that?! ;) Nice work!
  • ckone4me
    ckone4me Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I see a significant difference. Your bust, arms, abdomen, legs are all smaller than last year. You look "tighter" all around. You are doing great, so don't be discouraged.

Same! Your loking great!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Just FYI though, I'm certain the only reason you personally can't see much of a difference is due to the angle of the pictures. If you took two at the same distance and compared it would be much easier to spot.
  • rsalty
    rsalty Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just so you know we're not all blowing smoke, check the fence supports. Looks like you went from covering 4.5 spaces to 3.5 spaces. At most .5 is from the camera distance/angle change, so you've shrunk at least a couple of inches on the width.

And much sexier legs, BTW. They have shape now.
  • MamaDuckN2MamaWow
    MamaDuckN2MamaWow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    There is most definitely a difference....like everyone has said, and not to sound like a broken record - don't be so hard on yourself - 38 lbs is 38 lbs; be proud, not discouraged!
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I can certainly see a difference! You look great! Everyone had brought up specifics that I totally agree with. Keep working!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I can tell a huge difference in your arms and stomach area! You look great!
  • MelissaBoydston82
    Options
    I see a big difference! Nice work!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Over all difference, legs tummy and "girls" are smaller.
  • roslynbullimore
    Options
    I understand what you are saying and also what you're seeing but reality is that you do look different.
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The only thing the same is your tan lines hehe! And that can be changed!